+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you were the manager...could you do better?

If you were the manager...could you do better?

I think a lot of people are disenchanted by our players of late. I personally think this is because our park the bus and hoof when in doubt tactics do not exactly flatter the types of players we have. We have seen glimpses of the potential in our side..normally when we up the tempo and play up the feed with grounded passes and pace. People are quick to forget these moments due to the dull manager's immediate reverting of tactics in the very next match.

Anyways..enough of that this is what I'd do

My team with an aggressive 1 to 2 touch passing, high press but with less regards for tracking back would be :

-------------Alnwick----------------
    Ng--Goutas--McGuiness--Collins
    --------------Ralls-------------------
    -------Colwill----Robinson--------
    Tanner---------------------Bowler
    --------------Etete------------------

If we ever seen O'Dowda and Ramsey back we can see Bowler share the right side with tanner. The link up between Collins and O'dowda was top draw earlier in the season. Robbo/Colwill or even Ralls drop for Ramsey

I'm no football manager. I have played competitively and can see plenty of 'professionals' that seem to have no idea how they became successful as a player.

What would you do? or not do..i guess

Re: If you were the manager...could you do better?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I think a lot of people are disenchanted by our players of late. I personally think this is because our park the bus and hoof when in doubt tactics do not exactly flatter the types of players we have. We have seen glimpses of the potential in our side..normally when we up the tempo and play up the feed with grounded passes and pace. People are quick to forget these moments due to the dull manager's immediate reverting of tactics in the very next match.

My team with an aggressive 1 to 2 touch passing, high press but with less regards for tracking back would be :

If we ever seen O'Dowda and Ramsey back we can see Bowler share the right side with tanner. The link up between Collins and O'dowda was top draw earlier in the season. Robbo/Colwill or even Ralls drop for Ramsey

I'm no football manager. I have played competitively and can see plenty of 'professionals' that seem to have no idea how they became successful as a player.

I would love that to be successful, but we would get battered trying to play that way ralls can't be a one man CM

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would love that to be successful, but we would get battered trying to play that way ralls can't be a one man CM
    No doubt we'd be weaker at the back. But we are already getting battered sitting back waiting for each team to crack the code.

Ralls is currently our only CM that actually picks the ball up and looks for a forward pass. So unless we can find another id rather be down to 10 or 9 men than have backpass wintle and siopis losing the ball under his own feet

Of course I couldn't do better

Yes!

No I couldn’t

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He wouldn't be as Colwill and robinson would have to play narrow. Neither could play that role and one of them (Robinson) looks like he's finished. so, i suppose you're right!

Grant is our best attacker, and you’re not playing him?

I would play Colwill though, that’s a no brainer for me. And I wouldn’t just play the same boring garbage we’ve been playing, and I’d go a bit more direct at times. Nothing wrong with a ball in the channel or 2 to mix it up.

Don't think the tea lady could do any worse. Bulut been working with the squad long enough to know their strengths and weaknesses. He keeps saying their pressing is not good enough, well that's down to him.
    Every team that plays us got so much time and space, don't know what the manager is thinking but I don't think he got a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I would play Colwill though, that’s a no brainer for me. And I wouldn’t just play the same boring garbage we’ve been playing, and I’d go a bit more direct at times. Nothing wrong with a ball in the channel or 2 to mix it up.
    Grant would either be up front or not at all for me. Best striker? remains to be seen. He is god awful on the wing..ive never seen a winger backpass so much! Colins must look at the team sheet and cringe

I like your idea of going down the channels though. It cant be down the middle and it would have to be done with some urgency.. our wingers get marked up a treat when we play 3 passes along the back before the big hoof

Totally agree. Our playing style is directed by the manager, not the players

Nobody on here would have the slightest idea how to manage or coach a professional football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He wouldn't be as Colwill and robinson would have to play narrow. Neither could play that role and one of them (Robinson) looks like he's finished. so, i suppose you're right!
    you mustve missed the argument Robinson had pitch side with Bulut a couple of games back. Bulut can be clearly seen indicating he wants the ball to arrive over the top but Robinson is pointing at the floor effectively saying he wants it to his feet. 10 minutes later he is hooked off.

Perhaps Bulut should consider the players he is using and their skill set rather then pushing them to play a style he wants but not a style that works with his team. Robinson isnt finished. He's bloody fed up and i for one can see why!

you mustve missed the argument Robinson had pitch side with Bulut a couple of games back. Bulut can be clearly seen indicating he wants the ball to arrive over the top but Robinson is pointing at the floor effectively saying he wants it to his feet. 10 minutes later he is hooked off.

Perhaps Bulut should consider the players he is using and their skill set rather then pushing them to play a style he wants but not a style that works with his team. Robinson isnt finished. He's bloody fed up and i for one can see why!
    Robinson has been rank awful. buluts tactics may have something to do with that, but robinson has to take a big portion of responsibility for his inept performance levels. He's even lost the ability to control a ball and shows no urgency. Thre's not a manager or coach on this planet who can make a player lose those attributes, unless the player is past giving a shit, which i don't believe is the case at the moment. Bulut is no messiah, he has faults, we can all see them, and players aren't improving, in fact, some are getting worse, Although the players need to take responsibility for their failings as well. Way too much blame culture in football these days, and plenty on here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Robinson has been rank awful. buluts tactics may have something to do with that, but robinson has to take a big portion of responsibility for his inept performance levels. He's even lost the ability to control a ball and shows no urgency. Thre's not a manager or coach on this planet who can make a player lose those attributes, unless the player is past giving a shit, which i don't believe is the case at the moment. Bulut is no messiah, he has faults, we can all see them, and players aren't improving, in fact, some are getting worse, Although the players need to take responsibility for their failings as well. Way too much blame culture in football these days, and plenty on here as well.
    One of football's mysteries. Some players can be amazing for some managers, yet utter gash for others. Some managers get some players playing beyond their potential yet fail to get the best out of better players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    One of football's mysteries. Some players can be amazing for some managers, yet utter gash for others. Some managers get some players playing beyond their potential yet fail to get the best out of better players.
    Managers are just people as are players.

If you worked for a boss who was not giving you the respect the previous did. I'm guessing you'd underperform whether you mean to or not. As would i..

Robinson’s got form for arguing with Bulut plenty of times. Seen it many times pitchside. I used to like him but he’s got some problems and yeah, he’s been playing like shit for a while.

Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Don't think the tea lady could do any worse. Bulut been working with the squad long enough to know their strengths and weaknesses. He keeps saying their pressing is not good enough, well that's down to him.
    Every team that plays us got so much time and space, don't know what the manager is thinking but I don't think he got a clue.
    Bulut might have football knowledge but his people management skills are rubbish.

We could all pick a preferred starting XI but that's as far as it goes.
    I have no clue regarding tactics both with and without the ball, or anything else for that matter, so will leave that to the professionals.

To answer the original question, no - that said, I wouldn't have got myself into the mess Bulut did regarding the goalkeeping situation.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To answer the original question, no - that said, I wouldn't have got myself into the mess Bulut did regarding the goalkeeping situation.
    That was farcical. We seemed to be gelling as a team until that crazy decision.

International

NO, BUT SOME THINK THEY COULD!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The Runnarrson affair was a defining period of the season. I wonder if any outfield players did any thinking out loud over his selection over Alnwick? I think a lot of us have played at lower levels where ‘How the feck is he still in the side?’ has been loudly said, no different at pro level I’d imagine.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The Runnarrson affair was a defining period of the season. I wonder if any outfield players did any thinking out loud over his selection over Alnwick? I think a lot of us have played at lower levels where ‘How the feck is he still in the side?’ has been loudly said, no different at pro level I’d imagine.
    Who did you play for?