+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: VAR

VAR

Blackpool boss Neil Critchley felt the goal could have been disallowed for offside and said the fact video assistant referee technology was used at the first match (because it was held at a Premier League ground) and not the replay was damaging the "integrity of the competition"

Is Neil Critchley right?

Whoops, don’t know what happened there.

Re: VAR

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Blackpool boss Neil Critchley felt the goal could have been disallowed for offside and said the fact video assistant referee technology was used at the first match (because it was held at a Premier League ground) and not the replay was damaging the "integrity of the competition"

Is Neil Critchley right?

Whoops, don’t know what happened there.
    Not sure about the integrity of the competition, but I would imagine it would be easy to feel aggrieved if you lost a game because of a lack of VAR that would (possibly) have changed something.

I think it boils down to consistency. If VAR itself was speedy and consistent, I don't think many would be bothered by it. The problem is arguably the game itself, where often things aren't just black and white.

Re: VAR

I think there's an argument to not use var considering most of the matches in the competition wouldn't have used it but I don't think it's a great one.

If it's supposed to be this great fair decision making system then why wouldn't you use it where possible.

Ultimately Blackpool would have known the rules at the start.