if you look at the responses for under 50s only it is as follows:

Lab 60%
    Con 10%
    Green 10%
    LD 9%
    Reform 5%
    SNP 3%

they could be facing a long time out of office
    One can only hope but the signs are most encouraging.

It's significant that the younger generation is generally far better educated that the older ones and that has been a factor in the dramatic decline of religion consistently over the years. I suspect ultimately it will also prove to be the nemesis of the Tory party too.

Education helps one to see hypocrisy more clearly.

Re: You gov polling

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

It's significant that the younger generation is generally far better educated that the older ones and that has been a factor in the dramatic decline of religion consistently over the years. I suspect ultimately it will also prove to be the nemesis of the Tory party too.

I'm not sure what's worse. That poll for the Tories, or your analysis above!

The Tories have contributed plenty to their own demise over the last few years - Partygate, Truss, economy, need I go on? I think that has to be the biggest factor. The deep divisions within the party don’t help either.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Oh I can help you with that one Jim.

What's worse for you is the long awaited demise of your beloved Tories. I can feel your deep angst and bitterness.

I’ve yet to decide who to vote for in the next GE , but can anyone explain how Labour are going to implement policies that will help make a difference.

The way Wales in run doesn’t fill me with confidence, so the Big Hitting Labour Party supporters on here offer some insight on how to get my vote

Well it's a close run thing!

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I’ve yet to decide who to vote for in the next GE , but can anyone explain how Labour are going to implement policies that will help make a difference.

The way Wales in run doesn’t fill me with confidence, so the Big Hitting Labour Party supporters on here offer some insight on how to get my vote
    I disagree with you a lot on here but you're right in my opinion on this. I just can't see how Starmer is going to help the average person.

I won't be voting Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

I agree with your sentiment but I'm not sure I like the words 'better educated' and would substitute them for 'socially tolerant'. I think the dramatic decline in religion should probably read 'Christianity' but one thing's for sure, Gen Z are the future, and pretty much all views by the majority on this board and 50+ will be moot and redundant over the next decade. This article is referring to USA Gen Zs https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...icans-politics but I've recently been working on a marketing project re. Gen Z and most on this forum would be apoplectic when reading their views. This article is a good one for the older gens to get to grips with just where the future is going. Labour, Cons, and all the political parties at the moment are way out of touch and it's quite frankly disgusting just how much they disregard young adults.

This is quite possibly the first time I won't vote in a GE. I've been done with party politics for quite some time now.

Not only that, but I've also yet to see any evidence of what they would have done differently. Notwithstanding the own goals that Stevo mentions some of which would inevitably happen anyway, I don't see much clear water between them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I agree with your sentiment but I'm not sure I like the words 'better educated' and would substitute them for 'socially tolerant'. I think the dramatic decline in religion should probably read 'Christianity' but one thing's for sure, Gen Z are the future, and pretty much all views by the majority on this board and 50+ will be moot and redundant over the next decade. This article is referring to USA Gen Zs https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...icans-politics but I've recently been working on a marketing project re. Gen Z and most on this forum would be apoplectic when reading their views. This article is a good one for the older gens to get to grips with just where the future is going. Labour, Cons, and all the political parties at the moment are way out of touch and it's quite frankly disgusting just how much they disregard young adults.

This is quite possibly the first time I won't vote in a GE. I've been done with party politics for quite some time now.
    I'm a millennial and young people are beyond pissed at the DailyMail generation who consistently vote to make things worse and to make the rich richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I'm a millennial and young people are beyond pissed at the DailyMail generation who consistently vote to make things worse and to make the rich richer.
    What is their solution? Don't they want ever higher numbers of people here, ever more affordable housing and ever more protection for the environment? It's like me wanting to have five strikers, five midfielders and five defenders in my fantasy league team.

Maybe millennials have been lied to about what is possible and realistic?

What is their solution? Don't they want ever higher numbers of people here, ever more affordable housing and ever more protection for the environment? It's like me wanting to have five strikers, five midfielders and five defenders in my fantasy league team.

Maybe millennials have been lied to about what is possible and realistic?
    Every generation is being lied to by every political party about what is possible and realistic. It's a constant.

Every generation is being lied to by every political party about what is possible and realistic. It's a constant.
    I agree. One of the weaknesses of the party political system (other options are less desirable in other ways before anyone says anything!)

vote however you like, it won't make any difference, the Tories are heading for their worst results in a long time with or without your vote.

Personally, I have no vested interest in claiming which generation is the better educated but this article that includes the following paragraph is of interest:

"In a stark assessment of the success and failure of the 720-million-strong adult workforce across the wealthier economies, the economic thinktank warns that in England, adults aged 55 to 65 perform better than 16- to 24-year-olds at foundation levels of literacy and numeracy."

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ic-skills-oecd

Lots of carping from the sidelines in this thread - people died ensuring we have the right to vote, you should use it (even if you vote Tory).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Lots of carping from the sidelines in this thread - people died ensuring we have the right to vote, you should use it (even if you vote Tory).
    A few years ago I'd have said the same thing. I won't vote for a Labour Party under Starmer. I'd never vote Tory. I'd never vote Liberal Democrat. I'd never vote Plaid. I'd never vote Green (I spent 18 months with the Cardiff Greens and that finished me). I've voted plenty of times as a Labour Party member but resigned after Starmer started his antics. I've argued in the past for compulsory voting and would happily do so if that were the case. But I'm at a loss this time around. People are dying right now because of the implementation of government policies from all parties over the last 30 years. I've been lied to by all of them. Sick of the lot of them. Sorry, but no party is standing up for disabled, vulnerable, poor, isolated, impoverished, sick, dying people in the community I live in. So no. I'm not playing that game anymore. North Cardiff Blue thinks I'm angry when I'm not. This is me being angry. Sick to death and angry about injustice. Who's offering a solution to these issues? Football and EV cars. Nah. This stuff here is important.

A few years ago I'd have said the same thing. I won't vote for a Labour Party under Starmer. I'd never vote Tory. I'd never vote Liberal Democrat. I'd never vote Plaid. I'd never vote Green (I spent 18 months with the Cardiff Greens and that finished me). I've voted plenty of times as a Labour Party member but resigned after Starmer started his antics. I've argued in the past for compulsory voting and would happily do so if that were the case. But I'm at a loss this time around. People are dying right now because of the implementation of government policies from all parties over the last 30 years. I've been lied to by all of them. Sick of the lot of them. Sorry, but no party is standing up for disabled, vulnerable, poor, isolated, impoverished, sick, dying people in the community I live in. So no. I'm not playing that game anymore. North Cardiff Blue thinks I'm angry when I'm not. This is me being angry. Sick to death and angry about injustice. Who's offering a solution to these issues? Football and EV cars. Nah. This stuff here is important.
    So what’s your answer then? Starmer pisses me off, but my attitude is let’s see what Labour are like in Government before writing them off - my desire to get the present Governmentout is my overriding concern.

That lovely WEF fella Mr Starmer will sort it all out. Whatever happens, they must release all the excess death data BEFORE the election.

So what’s your answer then? Starmer pisses me off, but my attitude is let’s see what Labour are like in Government before writing them off - my desire to get the present Governmentout is my overriding concern.
    I don't have an answer other than to continue working independently at a local community level and putting pressure on my local councilors and MP by being active within various local groups outside of party politics.

I stress I'm not angry with you. You got the full barrels because I don't like the emotional blackmail that people died for my vote when my vote is likely to result in policies that won't stop people dying today. I agree this government needs to go. I agree that they shouldn't be written off. But the Labour members voted for a change in the electoral voting system and Starmer vetoed it. That broke me tbh. It all feels like I'm being forced down a route I don't want anymore. Hence my passionate response.

Like I said, I'm angry at politicians and parties. I'm not angry with you or anyone else on this board. But f*ck me if I feel strongarmed by an electoral system and democracy I no longer believe is fit for purpose.

Like I said, I'm angry at politicians and parties. I'm not angry with you or anyone else on this board. But f*ck me if I feel strongarmed by an electoral system and democracy I no longer believe is fit for purpose.
    It hasn't been fit for purpose for quite some time. The worrying aspect is all the laws that have been passed over the years, when used collectively have the power to do a lot of damage to our freedoms. Sadly, the vast majority have been asleep at the wheel, while busying themselves with Punch & Judy politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It hasn't been fit for purpose for quite some time. The worrying aspect is all the laws that have been passed over the years, when used collectively have the power to do a lot of damage to our freedoms. Sadly, the vast majority have been asleep at the wheel, while busying themselves with Punch & Judy politics.
    I totally agree with you.

I don't have an answer other than to continue working independently at a local community level and putting pressure on my local councilors and MP by being active within various local groups outside of party politics.

I stress I'm not angry with you. You got the full barrels because I don't like the emotional blackmail that people died for my vote when my vote is likely to result in policies that won't stop people dying today. I agree this government needs to go. I agree that they shouldn't be written off. But the Labour members voted for a change in the electoral voting system and Starmer vetoed it. That broke me tbh. It all feels like I'm being forced down a route I don't want anymore. Hence my passionate response.

I disagree with you, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t vote in the next election and woke up the next day to find Sunak and his party were still in Government.

I disagree with you, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I didn’t vote in the next election and woke up the next day to find Sunak and his party were still in Government.
    So, when you wake up the next day with your preferred government in power, what are they going to do that's any different to the current lot?