+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: You gov polling

Re: You gov polling

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You won't draw me into the blinkered Tory versus Labour rubbish. And don't be one of those fruitcakes like "RJK" who refuse to accept that adding 7 million immigrants to the population doesn't affect house prices much.
    The Tories have sustained the crazy immigration numbers started by Labour, despite pledging in manifesto's to reduce immigration drastically. Brexit was a massive message to our elites that the electorate wanted tighter immigration, instead immigration increased.
    This is why i think democracy is fake and broken and why, if i were to vote, i'd be voting Reform Party. The best of a bad bunch but we need to tighten our grip on immigration
    The sad truth is you need to look at this through a far wider lense. Migration is propping up a broken country, that is why the Tories have 'failed to control it', they can bluster and lie about wanting to reduce it but it isn't possible because we have a crisis that began brewing years ago.

We have a generation who when looked at as a group became wealthy enough to retire earlier than expected and increase their standard of living at the same time. They became this wealthy because nearly every single policy was tilted in their favour. In a vacuum that is wonderful, for them. Unfortunately payment is required now.

Lower birth rate
    Increased life expectancy
    Increased state pension
    Unsustainable models for public sector pension

Have all combined with other facts to leave us short when you look at the ratio of working people : retired people

Cultural changes, financial insecurity and the cost of living are only going to accelerate this as even the younger people who are coupled up and settled simply can't budget for another mouth to feed.

If you cut net migration to zero tomorrow, the system would be unbalanced to the point of collapse. From a service delivery point of view as well as the ratio of productive : unproductive. Technological advances might change that in the future, requiring less working people for the same output but not now.

You have been sold a pipe dream for years and if you vote reform you are just doubling down, compounding your previous error.

They don't want to admit they have ****ed up the maths so they either tell you a) they will reduce it or that b) cultural diversity is all positive and if you don't agree you are a prick.

At some point the government of the UK will have to pivot and start taxing accrued wealth in a more aggressive way but that isn't going to portrayed well in the media everyone steers well clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The sad truth is you need to look at this through a far wider lense. Migration is propping up a broken country, that is why the Tories have 'failed to control it', they can bluster and lie about wanting to reduce it but it isn't possible because we have a crisis that began brewing years ago.

We have a generation who when looked at as a group became wealthy enough to retire earlier than expected and increase their standard of living at the same time. They became this wealthy because nearly every single policy was tilted in their favour. In a vacuum that is wonderful, for them. Unfortunately payment is required now.

Lower birth rate
    Increased state pension

Have all combined with other facts to leave us short when you look at the ratio of working people : retired people

Cultural changes, financial insecurity and the cost of living are only going to accelerate this as even the younger people who are coupled up and settled simply can't budget for another mouth to feed.

If you cut net migration to zero tomorrow, the system would be unbalanced to the point of collapse. From a service delivery point of view as well as the ratio of productive : unproductive. Technological advances might change that in the future, requiring less working people for the same output but not now.

You have been sold a pipe dream for years and if you vote reform you are just doubling down, compounding your previous error.

They don't want to admit they have ****ed up the maths so they either tell you a) they will reduce it or that b) cultural diversity is all positive and if you don't agree you are a prick.

At some point the government of the UK will have to pivot and start taxing accrued wealth in a more aggressive way but that isn't going to portrayed well in the media everyone steers well clear.
    Excellent post 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    A wise old person once advised me that we should be weary of new shiny objects ...

X
    'Shiny Object Syndrome' would be an apt description and perhaps explanation for a lot of things regarding this current government.

Unfortunately immigration has caused literal "explosions" on our homeland, killing many.
    Isn’t it a bit strange though that foreigners who buy up huge swathes of the UKs capital city real estate and other foreigners who buy up our media and tell us how to vote are the good foreigners. But some poor bastard who hasn’t got a pot to piss in but is willing to quite literally wipe our demented arses for us is being blamed for a housing crisis? I’m glad people like Eric have the energy and eloquence to put a great argument forward. I just don’t have the energy or motivation anymore.

Edit: oh yeah. They’re not coming over here in small boats either. They’re flying in their private jets or mooring their super yachts!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    'Shiny Object Syndrome' would be an apt description and perhaps explanation for a lot of things regarding this current government.
    The giveaway is all the talk and no action. They are playing for time, and we will find out the reason why soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

Lower birth rate
    Increased state pension

I totally agree with you.

There are two blokes I chat with regularly. Both have taken early retirement in their late 50s. One has just come back from Australia and a 3-week cruise. The other has just flown off to the Caribbean for 3 weeks because 'it's cold'. I have nothing in common with them apart from football and some projects we worked together on last year. They are both landlords. They live in massive houses with just the two of them rattling around in them. They are constantly buying to let and complaining about tenants. They did not arrive here in a small boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Isn’t it a bit strange though that foreigners who buy up huge swathes of the UKs capital city real estate and other foreigners who buy up our media and tell us how to vote are the good foreigners. But some poor bastard who hasn’t got a pot to piss in but is willing to quite literally wipe our demented arses for us is being blamed for a housing crisis? I’m glad people like Eric have the energy and eloquence to put a great argument forward. I just don’t have the energy or motivation anymore.

Edit: oh yeah. They’re not coming over here in small boats either. They’re flying in their private jets or mooring their super yachts!
    "Industrial Scale" grooming gangs. Disgusting and scandalous

"Industrial Scale" grooming gangs. Disgusting and scandalous
    Epstein?

Epstein?
    Yes, definitely wrong and a terrible scandal. Epstein was a terrible human
    Why have you tried to divert away from immigrant terrorism and grooming gangs? You've done it twice

Yes, he's Jewish and it's definitely wrong and a terrible scandal. It's said he was blackmailing the rich and powerful for Israel.
    Why have you tried to divert away from immigrant terrorism and grooming gangs? You've done it twice
    🏳️

The giveaway is all the talk and no action. They are playing for time, and we will find out the reason why soon enough.
    That's something we probably agree on although for different reasons.

Unfortunately immigration has caused literal "explosions" on our homeland, killing many.
    The Irish?

Yes, definitely wrong and a terrible scandal. Epstein was a terrible human
    It's not diversion btw. It's called counter-point. The white flag is because I'm not going to get dragged into the ravings of a Reform voter. In the same way, I hang up on telesales. Don't take it personally. Like I said earlier, I don't have the energy or motivation. It's just important to remember that we're constantly being played by people in suits and not the ones in rags. Bad people do bad things. Nothing to do with immigration.

PHOTO-2024-01-10-11-54-05.jpg

Immigration numbers are rising fast in all western countries, so you may want to look into that instead of specific cases.

X
    Hang on, hang on....I think I know this one.....yup, wars, ideology, the USA, and capitalism.

Excellent post 👍
    Ditto

Hang on, hang on....I think I know this one.....yup, wars, ideology, the USA, and capitalism.
    Don't discount the possibility that's it's all being orchestrated at a high level.

Excellent post 
    Good post, but it's not new information. This type of stuff has been in the news for many years.

Don't discount the possibility that's it's all being orchestrated at a high level.
    You know, I actually agree with you on a lot of things and this is the kind of joined-up quantum-thinking I can get on board with (not the bugs obsession though, and the obsession with the WEF...or the WI....I get confused).

Good post, but it's not new information. This type of stuff has been in the news for many years.
    *he typed smugly*

*he typed smugly*
    *he typed objectively* could have been a better response. We know these events are happening, but our understanding can change over time, so right now I would be inclined to focus on the who and why, as we already know the what, where, when and how.

*he typed objectively* could have been a better response. We know these events are happening, but our understanding can change over time, so right now I would be inclined to focus on the who and why, as we already know the what, where, when and how.
    This is exactly the type of comment not to reply to a person with bouts of clinical paranoia and psychosis.

This is exactly the type of comment not to reply to a person with bouts of clinical paranoia and psychosis.
    Sorry, I was just trying to break down the issue into smaller pieces. The best deceptions always occur when things are mostly true, so you need to spot the sleight of hand

Sorry, I was just trying to break down the issue into smaller pieces. The best deceptions always occur when things are mostly true, so you need to spot the sleight of hand
    That's OK. I found it quite funny. I'm very open about mental illness and have a kind of gallows humour so no big deal.

If only everyone could just stop with adversarial party politics and just take a humanitarian empathetic view we'd be in a far better place. We, as humans, need to recognise we have more in common with each other than any extremist will try and convince us otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    People who buy up housing in London and it never gets lived in - foreign or otherwise - are the absolute worst! But that doesn't change the fact that general immigration is probably far too high. There are few things I object to more than the fact nearly all the new flats in Cardiff are only buy to let. No one can buy them individually. It's criminal.

And what would people do without Murdoch?! It's the perfect card to play in any debate on any tricky subject! ;)