+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives - Results confirmed

Re: Fan Advisory Board Election Concluded, Results Today.

First issue, remove Wayne Nash to make the match day experience more enjoyable and put the Canton singing section nearer the away fans

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    First issue, remove Wayne Nash to make the match day experience more enjoyable and put the Canton singing section nearer the away fans
    This!…..Wayne Nash has single handedly ruined the home game experience.

No thanks. I've very happy where I am in the Canton.

Re: Vote for Your Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives

Thanks to those who voted, lost by two votes apparently, better than I thought I’d do 😂, maybe next time…

Keep the faith 👍

Re: Vote for Your Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives

We can confirm the results of the recent elections for the Cardiff City FC Fan Advisory Board, with supporters voting to appoint their representatives on the FAB.

The results and voting procedure were checked and verified by the former Lord Mayor of Cardiff, Cllr. Graham Hinchey, at Cardiff City Stadium on Friday, 2nd February after voting closed earlier this week.

The directly elected supporter representatives are:

Vince Alm
    Jamie Anderson
    Michael Weedon
    Frasor Worth
    Allyson Rees

We would like to congratulate the five elected representatives, and thank all of the other candidates who put forward an application to join the FAB.

Re: Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives - Results confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    This!…..Wayne Nash has single handedly ruined the home game experience.
    I think what’s been going on out on the pitch in these last few seasons has had more to do with the lack of atmosphere than Wayne Nash.

Congratulations to those elected.

Bit of a shame it is a few that are in the pockets of the club that were picked, can’t see much change coming about as a result of it when it had potential

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    Bit of a shame it is a few that are in the pockets of the club that were picked, can’t see much change coming about as a result of it when it had potential
    Better luck next time

They weren't picked they were voted for weren't they - so maybe you want to elaborate on what you meant for the rest of the fans who those elected will represent

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    They weren't picked they were voted for weren't they - so maybe you want to elaborate on what you meant for the rest of the fans who those elected will represent
    Vince as an example was always going to win the vote - should he have been allowed to enter? I’m not sure. He will no doubt have had a chance to influence change over the past 10 years if he wanted to with his contacts at the club, he will not want to upset anyone from the club at these meetings so I think there is a conflict of interest

Vince as an example was always going to win the vote - should he have been allowed to enter? I’m not sure. He will no doubt have had a chance to influence change over the past 10 years if he wanted to with his contacts at the club, he will not want to upset anyone from the club at these meetings so I think there is a conflict of interest
    So anyone who was likely to win the vote shouldn't have entered, just because you don't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agreed. Season ticket holders had the chance to vote in who they wanted and chose the people named. All 11 of the FAB members elected will be asked to confirm that they have no conflict of interest arising from links to the club to ensure their independence. This is a required element of corporate governance in most businesses and forms part of the Memorandum of Understanding to be signed by the club and by all members of the FAB. It is also an expectation of the fanbase who elected them.
    If anyone refuses to provide evidence of their independence then they will be unable to sit on the FAB. The relevant paperwork is due to be signed at the first FAB meeting on Tuesday of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So anyone who was likely to win the vote shouldn't have entered, just because you don't like them?
    I like Vince and will be on one of his buses tomorrow, just not convinced there isn’t a conflict of interest when he runs the supporters club which obviously has direct links to the club

I like Vince and will be on one of his buses tomorrow, just not convinced there isn’t a conflict of interest when he runs the supporters club which obviously has direct links to the club
    Vince doesn`t run the Supporters Club. He is one of their Committee and I believe their Press Officer but he is not Chair or Vice Chair. Two other members of that committee were elected by it as their representatives on the FAB so Vince put himself forward as an individual fan.

As I mention above all FAB members will have to declare any conflicts or potential conflicts to show that they are independent of the club.

How can being on the committee of the supporters club, which is independent of the football club, cause a conflict of interest when serving on a body representing fans?

Looks like I am wrong so hold my hands up - hopefully this will bring about some change

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think what’s been going on out on the pitch in these last few seasons has had more to do with the lack of atmosphere than Wayne Nash.
    There's more to football than winning every week

Looks like I am wrong so hold my hands up - hopefully this will bring about some change
    What changes would you like to see?

I think you make a valid point. It was my first thought when I saw he was in the pool of candidates. Seems a bit cozy and I think we needed new blood. Missed opportunity imo. You aren't alone in thinking this. It's nothing personal and has nothing to do with whether he's liked or not. Is it nepotism?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I think you make a valid point. It was my first thought when I saw he was in the pool of candidates. Seems a bit cozy and I think we needed new blood. Missed opportunity imo. You aren't alone in thinking this. It's nothing personal and has nothing to do with whether he's liked or not. Is it nepotism?
    Vince's hard work and dedication was quite rightly always going to make him a shoe in via a public vote. However, as the FAB allows the Supporters Club to nominate two representatives they should have put Vince forward if they felt he was one of their best candidates. By Vince going down the vote route they now have more than two representatives on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Vince's hard work and dedication was quite rightly always going to make him a shoe in via a public vote. However, as the FAB allows the Supporters Club to nominate two representatives they should have put Vince forward if they felt he was one of their best candidates. By Vince going down the vote route they now have more than two representatives on the board.
    Isn't Allyson Rees who was also elected on the supporters club committee?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He wasn't voted in by the club. He was voted in by a number of fans who wanted him there and thought he would be good at it. Who are you to decide who should or should not stand ? Casting doubt on one of the candidates impartiality is below the belt and childish.

Would you enjoy going back to ‘the good old days’ then, when opposing fans could chuck vile insults and missiles at each other from close range ? I cant believe that anybody sensible would think this is a good idea. You only have to look what happened at West Brom last week to see how dangerous this could be. City have an excellent safety and disciplinary record inside the new stadium and long may it continue.