+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives - Results confirmed

Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives - Results confirmed

Re: Voye for Your Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives

anyone tried to vote yet ?

Not working for me so far . will try later

Anyone got any non biased recommendations? My interests would be home atmosphere (adding safe standing to all the whole Canton), maybe a deal on drinks 2 for 10 or 2 for 12 or something as £6.70 for a dark fruits is a bit hefty

Just to provide some (hopefully) helpful further clarification on this.

The government White Paper dealing with clubs` requirements to have better meaningful consultation with their fans didn`t set out an exact composition of a Fans Advisory Board (FAB)which will be a statutory requirement soon. Its recommendations and expectations were however that its membership should include Trust and female membership.

To start the process off the recognised official supporters` groups were asked to elect members to the board from their boards/committees - two from the Trust, two from the Supporters Club and one from the Disabled Supporters Association. At a Trust board meeting myself and Mike Spear were elected to represent the Trust board. The Supporters Club Committee elected Jane Ford and Luke Sommerfield as their Committee representatives and Keiran Jones was elected by the DSA committee. In addition Nathan Griffiths was put forward (not sure if there was a formal vote on this) to represent corporate/club sponsor fans. Therefore six initial members of the FAB were elected as the choice of their respective groups.

The agreed aim was then to try and get as wide a representation of other fans onto the board as possible which is what the White Paper recommends and so applications were asked for to be another female FAB member, a representative for U25 fans and three others from other season ticket holders/members not in those first two groups. A lot of applications were received and so four of us from the initial member group spent quite a long time narrowing down the applicants to 5 in the U25 group and 8 in the "other" group (the ladies applicants were only 5 in number so no need to narrow down to a shortlist).
    The quality of applicants was really good , as you can see from their statements accompanying their pictures on the shortlist) so it is now down to season ticket holders and members to vote in the female and U25 FAB members plus 3 from the other shortlist of 8 to try and get that as wide a spread of representation as possible. The vote is entirely down to fans , the club has no say in it.
    The six initial FAB members have also been asked for statements about themselves which I understand will appear on the club website shortly.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Just to provide some (hopefully) helpful further clarification on this.

The government White Paper dealing with clubs` requirements to have better meaningful consultation with their fans didn`t set out an exact composition of a Fans Advisory Board (FAB)which will be a statutory requirement soon. Its recommendations and expectations were however that its membership should include Trust and female membership.

To start the process off the recognised official supporters` groups were asked to elect members to the board from their boards/committees - two from the Trust, two from the Supporters Club and one from the Disabled Supporters Association. At a Trust board meeting myself and Mike Spear were elected to represent the Trust board. The Supporters Club Committee elected Jane Ford and Luke Sommerfield as their Committee representatives and Keiran Jones was elected by the DSA committee. In addition Nathan Griffiths was put forward (not sure if there was a formal vote on this) to represent corporate/club sponsor fans. Therefore six initial members of the FAB were elected as the choice of their respective groups.

The agreed aim was then to try and get as wide a representation of other fans onto the board as possible which is what the White Paper recommends and so applications were asked for to be another female FAB member, a representative for U25 fans and three others from other season ticket holders/members not in those first two groups. A lot of applications were received and so four of us from the initial member group spent quite a long time narrowing down the applicants to 5 in the U25 group and 8 in the "other" group (the ladies applicants were only 5 in number so no need to narrow down to a shortlist).
    The quality of applicants was really good , as you can see from their statements accompanying their pictures on the shortlist) so it is now down to season ticket holders and members to vote in the female and U25 FAB members plus 3 from the other shortlist of 8 to try and get that as wide a spread of representation as possible. The vote is entirely down to fans , the club has no say in it.
    The six initial FAB members have also been asked for statements about themselves which I understand will appear on the club website shortly.

Keith
    Thanks for that Keith.
    Do you know when voting closes?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Thanks for that Keith.
    Do you know when voting closes?
    I think the intention was for 27 January to give time for the votes to be counted and independently verified ahead of an initial FAB meeting on 6 February. I haven`t been informed that this has changed.

I have no vote in the matter , nor should any of the 6 FAB members already elected as that would be a potential conflict of interest. The whole idea is to get another 6 fans elected who are clearly independent of the club and who can provide skills and ideas not already available through those 6.

Keith

Vote for me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysFeelinBlue View Post
    Anyone got any non biased recommendations? My interests would be home atmosphere (adding safe standing to all the whole Canton), maybe a deal on drinks 2 for 10 or 2 for 12 or something as £6.70 for a dark fruits is a bit hefty

Happy to help build on this - I’m in the running and all about doing what’s best for the fans, in the stadium and fans who watch from afar

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    anyone tried to vote yet ?

Not working for me so far . will try later
    You have to be a ST holder

I wish I put myself forward too but I’ll be asking people to vote for Ell

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Or a member - and get three votes…

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post

Ps - legend, thanks!

Is it one vote per category?

Are any of them associated with a certain author?

[QUOTE=bobh;5482844]Is it one vote per category?

Are any of them associated with a certain author?[/QUOT

Yes it is one vote per category per season ticket holder/member. The database at the club enables a check to be made that those voting are qualified to do so and only vote once per category.

The important thing is the votes result in a wide range of fans getting on the FAB so all views can be represented.

Quote Originally Posted by Ell. View Post
    Vote for me ;-)
    As in Mr Cantor ?

You got my vote

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    As in Mr Cantor ?

You got my vote

Thank you sir! That’s me

Jamie Anderson for me. That fella and his young family dont miss a game. A proper supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Jamie Anderson for me. That fella and his young family dont miss a game. A proper supporter.
    getting my vote too

Re: Vote for Your Fan Advisory Board Reprentatives

CCST, CCSC and DSA were asked to nominate and vote on candidates from their boards/committees , did so and those positions have now been filled.

Now is the chance for season ticket holders to vote for other independent candidates from the shortlist

CCST, CCSC and DSA were asked to nominate and vote on candidates from their boards/committees , did so and those positions have now been filled.

Now is the chance for season ticket holders to vote for other independent candidates from the shortlist
    Bump

Not the easiest of procedures, you vote as if you are buying a ticket. But every vote counts, so persevere and make your choice.

Vote for me ;-)
    Bump

Bump
    Whoever people vote for, just make sure everyone who has the chance to votes. Those already elected need to get as wide a range of fans views and backgrounds as possible to join them.

Bump
    Absolutely shameless

Even though you’ve been a member for years you never post on here but here you are scrounging for votes off CCMB members.

Embarrassing

As of yesterday more than 600 fans had submitted their votes. Lots more expected before deadline

As of yesterday more than 600 fans had submitted their votes. Lots more expected before deadline
    With 14000 season ticket holders, shouldn’t that read “less than 700 fans have bothered to vote” ?