+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut to consider his future after sending strong message to the board

Re: Bulut’s post match interview on Radio Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    How would we know that? They're never given a chance.
    I don't think that's true tbh. And it's damned if you do damned if you don't as a manager. Bulut is a pro. The players at his disposal are pros. But it has been said many times, how long to you wait? How old does a player need to be? How many excuses can be found from growth spurts to, 'he's still learning?'. Sure, Bulut didn't play the new lads today. But c'mon. He's entitled to expect a better performance from the others. And for those who say 'how much worse can it get?' It can get a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Does not include players that have already moved on. And the bet is between myself and Maurice.
    Aree with that....name the current list and timescales to make it to 90 mins in PL.

Erol Bulut to consider his future after sending strong message to the board

A frustrated Cardiff City manager appeared to send a strong message to Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan and the board to back him in the transfer window or he'll have to re-evaluate his future at the club

https://nation.cymru/sport/everythin...-to-the-board/

Erol Bulut appeared to question his future at Cardiff City in an interview with Radio Wales.

Speaking to football reporter Mark Poyser after witnessing his side beaten 3-1 by Plymouth at Home Park, he expressed his dissatisfaction with the way things are going at the club.

Almost three weeks into the January transfer window and Cardiff are yet to make signing, something which is understandably frustrating the manager.

“I am not happy with many things,” he said. I have to decide about myself and the future with the club.”

“I will make a decision about that,” he added.

“I have to maybe make a decision for myself on how my future will go with the club, because I came here to change some things in a positive way.

“I don’t know (if will continue until the end of the season), I don’t know.”

He continued “Everyone knows (we need players), I know it, the board knows it, the fans know it, all of us, we know it.

“We have worked hard to come to this position… until now we’ve only been three points off the play-offs, but now we cannot speak about the play-offs, now we must speak about different things.

“If we don’t get signings? We will have to fight with what we have, but we will have hard weeks and months in front of us.”

As for the game, Bulut reckoned his side stopped playing after taking the lead.

He said: “It is not the first time that I have been disappointed, the fans are disappointed.

“They are right because today we had the game in our hands, we started well and were leading 1-0 but after that the game is not finished.

“We stopped playing and the result was we lost 3-1. We had some changes but we didn’t score again, there was too many individual mistakes in different situations and they (Plymouth) scored from those mistakes.

“The game is not only 31 minutes, it is 95 minutes.

“We can speak about having only 15/16 players available, we had 11 players on the pitch so we have to do everything. We stopped after scoring the goal and it is not easy after that.

“We had similar problems in other games, we have to be more aggressive, we have been more aggressive and won games and the last two games – Leeds and today – was not like that.

“I don’t have players outside to replace them and they are getting tired, I don’t have anyone on the bench to make that change in defence. My players are doing their best and it is not enough.”

Pilgrims boss Ian Foster urged Plymouth to look up the table after claiming his first Championship win as Argyle head coach.

Argyle soared to 15th on the back of two goals by Scottish striker Ryan Hardie, who also set up top scorer Morgan Whittaker for his 15th Championship goal of the season, after Cardiff had taken a 10th-minute lead through Perry Ng.

Foster said: “We expected a difficult game and they always are, they are tight at this level. You have seen the results in the league today. There is never an easy game.

“The message to the players was to claw these (Cardiff) back. I think they were six places and seven points above us. If it becomes 10 it’s almost impossible. It’s four now.

“I am really pleased with the players because there was evidence again today that they are taking on the information we are giving to them.

“I have been (in post) two weeks yesterday so we have not had that many sessions, four players very new to the football club on the pitch today and two of them have only had very limited time with the group.

“A lot of positives today but a game I thoroughly thought we deserved to win.

“We don’t want to be looking over our shoulders, we want to be looking up at the next team and that’s how we did it today.

“We looked at these and said ‘let’s get these back’ and that’s our challenge.

“Cardiff are the next team above us, four points, and we have got to bridge that gap as soon as possible.

“I am happy. It’s really challenging, I knew it would be. I am really enjoying it.”

He's done. The more I think about it, him staying is impossible. For a kick off, who the hell is going to want to sign for us now? For a manager who doesn't want to be here/might not be here next week. He's made a bad situation worse. Tan also won't like it. Tan and Dalman are killing the club but I'm not exactly heartbroken about Bulut. Bulut is doing the same thing over and over again, and we lose over and over again. We miss Ramsey, well no shit. I'd get some results with a fit Aaron Ramsey. He needs to earn his corn when the chips are down, and he's practically given up.

Re the young players, they literally cannot be less effective than the midfielders we've been playing. If they're that bad, why are they contracted to 2027 and 2028? Joel Colwill and Ashford should play, what's the worst case scenario? We lose 4-1? It's OK, Adams will be back soon, so he can come in and we can play Wintle at 10.

Nobody knows what was agreed between Bulut and the board but equally, he surely knew he was coming into a club under a transfer embargo that had stayed up the year before due to the last minute intervention of an experienced manager, with an owner who hasn't been willing to spend big money for quite some time. And that previous manager had in all probability walked away because of the lack of ambition and basic long term planning he saw at the club.

I don't think he's a close to a great manager, he's the best we have had in a while but equally, I can't say that giving him carte blanche to sign aging players on massive wages like some of the names we've been linked with in a desperate attempt to stay somewhere in the top half of the table is the right approach either. Ultimately the club needs to be run far better from top to bottom or I'm not sure it makes a massive amount of difference which manager of the week we have.

So two managers.....Labouchi and now Bulut decry the lack of planning and ambition. If (when) Bulut goes - who on earth of any status would want to come here?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's done. The more I think about it, him staying is impossible. For a kick off, who the hell is going to want to sign for us now? For a manager who doesn't want to be here/might not be here next week. He's made a bad situation worse. Tan also won't like it. Tan and Dalman are killing the club but I'm not exactly heartbroken about Bulut. Bulut is doing the same thing over and over again, and we lose over and over again. We miss Ramsey, well no shit. I'd get some results with a fit Aaron Ramsey. He needs to earn his corn when the chips are down, and he's practically given up.

Re the young players, they literally cannot be less effective than the midfielders we've been playing. If they're that bad, why are they contracted to 2027 and 2028? Joel Colwill and Ashford should play, what's the worst case scenario? We lose 4-1? It's OK, Adams will be back soon, so he can come in and we can play Wintle at 10.
    I said something similar to my boy about an hour ago. The criticism of the board alone will have gone down very badly and I expect Bulut to be told to walk the plank.

I've no idea what really goes on behind the scenes, but I'd be willing to guess Tan has had second thoughts about a 'push' for the play offs [which was totally unrealistic anyway], and reckons that with the existing squad and Ramsey on the way back City have another Championship season secured. Perhaps by next August the club may have had some more financial success with the Sala case and the club will be ripe for selling..

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    So two managers.....Labouchi and now Bulut decry the lack of planning and ambition. If (when) Bulut goes - who on earth of any status would want to come here?
    Egos. Any young, aspiring manager who thinks he could do a job here despite everything would have a go for the money involved.

For the money we've spent paying off managers, we could have signed Ronaldo.

I'm presuming that, 3 weeks into our first transfer window for a while where we could spend some money, Bulut is getting little from above in terms of money or freedom to commit money to anyone.

He’s trying to get the sack and his contract paid up

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I'm presuming that, 3 weeks into our first transfer window for a while where we could spend some money, Bulut is getting little from above in terms of money or freedom to commit money to anyone.
    Realistically though, how much money would we have to commit to be a playoff team? How much more to be a side that could actually have a shot at getting through the playoffs or have the slightest hope of having something to build on to try and stay up? We'd be looking at at least 6-8 players in my opinion - is that ever realistic in January and more importantly, has Bulut shown he's the manager to be trusted with that kind of investment?

Re: Erol Bulut to consider his future after sending strong message to the board

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    A frustrated Cardiff City manager appeared to send a strong message to Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan and the board to back him in the transfer window or he'll have to re-evaluate his future at the club

https://nation.cymru/sport/everythin...-to-the-board/
    reeks of "you cant fire me! i quit!"

hope he goes asap

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    You'd think that Dalman and Choo would have learnt how to run a football club by now.
    Obviously don't learn from their mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s trying to get the sack and his contract paid up
    sounds plausible. Wouldnt be the first manager to use that tictac

Tan don't trust Bulut with the war chest and no one can blame him.

My take on this is they've promised Bulut a number of players in January of significant quality. Utter naivety/stupidity because January is a tough month for any deals, never mind of top quality deals. No idea what January transfer windows were like in Turkey, but potentially naivety from Bulut too. I was under the impression that we had a number of deals 'in-hand' but also these were reliant on other movement, so would take time.

As for today's shitshow, that's on Bulut and the players. Why we made that change at HT is beyond me, we were solid if unspectacular first half. We ended the game with our 'width' coming from JC and Romeo, with Bowler and Grant playing through the middle and Colwill playing in a deep midfield role. That's on Bulut.

However, that doesn't excuse the players just looking like they couldn't be arsed. Obviously example, every throw in took an age from us, no movement, eventually thrown in after 15 seconds just to lose the ball again. Every Plymouth throw in had numerous options and was back in play going forward within seconds. That's not Buluts fault.

Interesting couple of days ahead.

So apart from the owner, the chairman, the manager and the players, I'd say we're all pretty happy with the state of play.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    My take on this is they've promised Bulut a number of players in January of significant quality. Utter naivety/stupidity because January is a tough month for any deals, never mind of top quality deals. No idea what January transfer windows were like in Turkey, but potentially naivety from Bulut too. I was under the impression that we had a number of deals 'in-hand' but also these were reliant on other movement, so would take time.

As for today's shitshow, that's on Bulut and the players. Why we made that change at HT is beyond me, we were solid if unspectacular first half. We ended the game with our 'width' coming from JC and Romeo, with Bowler and Grant playing through the middle and Colwill playing in a deep midfield role. That's on Bulut.

However, that doesn't excuse the players just looking like they couldn't be arsed. Obviously example, every throw in took an age from us, no movement, eventually thrown in after 15 seconds just to lose the ball again. Every Plymouth throw in had numerous options and was back in play going forward within seconds. That's not Buluts fault.

Interesting couple of days ahead.
    Every throw in seemed to take an age- it's as if the players don't know what they're supposed to be doing. The team is a mess and Bulut has to take responsibility for that.

The club desperately needs some managerial stability, but Bulut has to get his act together sharpish before we get sucked into a relegation fight, because as things stand that's exactly where we're heading.

With a two week gap to the next game it is clearly back him or sack him time.

We were Sory Kaba and Reading away from L1 last season. We couldn't sort out the lack of quality due to an embargo, it's plain as day this squad is not good enough. Pep or Klopp couldn't do anything with this lot in the championship, it's predominately an L1 squad and probably not a great one there either.

Etette, Collins & Tanner are lucky to be in the EFL let alone the championship. It's not their fault they were gambles, but how many of our peer group would have so many poor players as starters?

I think he walks or he gets a three-year deal. This window isn't going to make us contenders. I think it's about the plan or lack of it and that's what the battle is. Short or long term vision

All this instability and apparent lack of a) a plan and b) preparation for this transfer window takes us full circle back to the urgent need to appoint a Sporting Director.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    reeks of "you cant fire me! i quit!"

hope he goes asap
    It'll be great when the prodigal son returns to City.

Welcome back Steve Morison!

If he does go ...the same names will be out there and none of you will want any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If he does go ...the same names will be out there and none of you will want any of them.
    when things are bad..better to take a lottery ticket and pray for better than just sucking it up and knowing it wont get better