+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Erol Bulut to consider his future after sending strong message to the board

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bulut’s post match interview on Radio Wales.

My take on this is they've promised Bulut a number of players in January of significant quality. Utter naivety/stupidity because January is a tough month for any deals, never mind of top quality deals. No idea what January transfer windows were like in Turkey, but potentially naivety from Bulut too. I was under the impression that we had a number of deals 'in-hand' but also these were reliant on other movement, so would take time.

As for today's shitshow, that's on Bulut and the players. Why we made that change at HT is beyond me, we were solid if unspectacular first half. We ended the game with our 'width' coming from JC and Romeo, with Bowler and Grant playing through the middle and Colwill playing in a deep midfield role. That's on Bulut.

However, that doesn't excuse the players just looking like they couldn't be arsed. Obviously example, every throw in took an age from us, no movement, eventually thrown in after 15 seconds just to lose the ball again. Every Plymouth throw in had numerous options and was back in play going forward within seconds. That's not Buluts fault.

Interesting couple of days ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    My take on this is they've promised Bulut a number of players in January of significant quality. Utter naivety/stupidity because January is a tough month for any deals, never mind of top quality deals. No idea what January transfer windows were like in Turkey, but potentially naivety from Bulut too. I was under the impression that we had a number of deals 'in-hand' but also these were reliant on other movement, so would take time.

As for today's shitshow, that's on Bulut and the players. Why we made that change at HT is beyond me, we were solid if unspectacular first half. We ended the game with our 'width' coming from JC and Romeo, with Bowler and Grant playing through the middle and Colwill playing in a deep midfield role. That's on Bulut.

However, that doesn't excuse the players just looking like they couldn't be arsed. Obviously example, every throw in took an age from us, no movement, eventually thrown in after 15 seconds just to lose the ball again. Every Plymouth throw in had numerous options and was back in play going forward within seconds. That's not Buluts fault.

Interesting couple of days ahead.
    Every throw in seemed to take an age- it's as if the players don't know what they're supposed to be doing. The team is a mess and Bulut has to take responsibility for that.

The club desperately needs some managerial stability, but Bulut has to get his act together sharpish before we get sucked into a relegation fight, because as things stand that's exactly where we're heading.

We were Sory Kaba and Reading away from L1 last season. We couldn't sort out the lack of quality due to an embargo, it's plain as day this squad is not good enough. Pep or Klopp couldn't do anything with this lot in the championship, it's predominately an L1 squad and probably not a great one there either.

Etette, Collins & Tanner are lucky to be in the EFL let alone the championship. It's not their fault they were gambles, but how many of our peer group would have so many poor players as starters?

I think he walks or he gets a three-year deal. This window isn't going to make us contenders. I think it's about the plan or lack of it and that's what the battle is. Short or long term vision