+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut to consider his future after sending strong message to the board

Re: Bulut’s post match interview on Radio Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    We're not going to move forward whilst Tan, Dalman and Choo are here.
    Think we can with Tan.. Dalman and Choo need to go immediately.

The chairman needs to give Bulut tĥe dreaded vote of confidence or at least appease the fans by confirming the owner will back him to strengthen the side and not allow the club to stagnate any further.

It will be interesting though to find out how Dalman and Tan react to Bulut's interview and whether there will be a backlash to his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Just listened to that....wow....is really pissed off. with lack of support from above and around.....he won't be here very long by the sound of it....and really who can blame him.
    Wish the interviewer had asked why he does not play SOME youth team players instead of the usual failed players.
    Interviewers are dreadful. Every Bulut interview is vague and meaningless. No pointed questions on tactics/decisions. How can he be trusted to bring in what’s needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Think we can with Tan.. Dalman and Choo need to go immediately.
    This 100%.

Tan has been great to us and even keeps an interest and visits the club. However, Dalman and Choo are responsible for choosing the manager and the balancing of the books. I still dont understand how Choo wasnt sacked following the malky wage fiasco

Cardiff City boss Erol Bulut said he could leave the Championship club and "doesn't know" if he wants to stay on unless the club make signings.

A 3-1 defeat at Plymouth has seen Cardiff slip to 14th in the table, six points off the play-off places.

Bulut has called for signings for weeks and has now said he is considering his future with the club.

"I am not happy with many things," he said. I have to decide about myself and the future with the club."

"I will make a decision about that.

"I have to maybe make a decision for myself on how my future will go with the club, because I came here to change some things in a positive way.

"I don't know (if will continue until the end of the season), I don't know."

Cardiff named former Fenerbahce boss Bulut as their manager in June but he is warning that signings this January are integral as to whether he will remain with the club.

"From my side I can tell you that some things have to change. If not, [it is] not possible to continue like that," he told BBC Radio Wales Sport.

When asked, 'what has to change?' he replied: "Everything."

Bulut says he will have discussions with the Cardiff board and seek assurances signings are coming, but says the the Bluebirds will struggle without reinforcements.

"I will speak to the board clearly about everything that has to change," he said.

"We now have two weeks until the next game and I think from now everything can change.

"I don't know about signings. I spoke about that. We are too late with many things.

"We tried to change many things, but alone you cannot do nothing.

"So we have to make many changes and if this is not changing, we will have big problems until the end of the season.

"Everyone knows (we need players), I know it, the board knows it, the fans know it, all of us, we know it.

"We have worked hard to come to this position… until now we've only been three points off the play-offs, but now we cannot speak about the play-offs, now we must speak about different things.

"If we don't get signings? We will have to fight with what we have, but we will have hard weeks and months in front of us."

Cardiff's players were booed by their travelling fans at Home Park and Bulut said he understood the frustration.

"I can understand the frustration of the fans, I am frustrated also," he added.

"But I have some things in my hands to change something and some things I don't have in my hands to change it."

Just listened to that....wow....is really pissed off. with lack of support from above and around.....he won't be here very long by the sound of it....and really who can blame him.
    Wish the interviewer had asked why he does not play SOME youth team players instead of the usual failed players.
    They're not up to it. We want them to succeed because they're young and Welsh. But none of them can make a difference. Tan has completely ****ED this club. He's been played, by manager after manager. And now he now he's tightening his belt. He probably thinks he learned his lesson, but he's learned nothing. It just gets worse and worse.

We're not going to move forward whilst Tan, Dalman and Choo are here.
    This.

It's quite obvious that Bulut feels he's been led up the garden path by the chairman and/or owner. Unless he's gets at least a couple of the players he wants in the next 2 weeks he'll be off as soon as his contract expires.

Link to the text, rather than copy and paste:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68044092

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    This 100%.

Tan has been great to us and even keeps an interest and visits the club. However, Dalman and Choo are responsible for choosing the manager and the balancing of the books. I still dont understand how Choo wasnt sacked following the malky wage fiasco
    Tan could have brought in people who have half an idea how to run a football club at any time over the last 14 years though. It seems like we're just treading water while he waits for the right time for him to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    They're not up to it. We want them to succeed because they're young and Welsh. But none of them can make a difference. Tan has completely ****ED this club. He's been played, by manager after manager. And now he now he's tightening his belt. He probably thinks he learned his lesson, but he's learned nothing. It just gets worse and worse.
    How do you know they are not good enough unless they are given the opportunity...and not just for the odd game? They cannot do much worse than the deadwood that is played week in week out. For me, the turning point today was when Tanner was replaced by Romeo. Romeo wasn't awful, and Tanner was not pulling up any trees - and was in effect being asked to play auxiliary full back - not his skill set. But it was completely negative and sent a strong signal to the opposition that hey...we are going try try and hang on and nick something.

Tan could have brought in people who have half an idea how to run a football club at any time over the last 14 years though. It seems like we're just treading water while he waits for the right time for him to get out.
    You'd think that Dalman and Choo would have learnt how to run a football club by now.

Unfortunately, Tan has an inflated idea of what the club is worth, having spent (badly) a shedload in the past, he thinks he can break even r even sell at a profit - both of which are fantasies.

How do you know they are not good enough unless they are given the opportunity...and not just for the odd game? They cannot do much worse than the deadwood that is played week in week out. For me, the turning point today was when Tanner was replaced by Romeo. Romeo wasn't awful, and Tanner was not pulling up any trees - and was in effect being asked to play auxiliary full back - not his skill set. But it was completely negative and sent a strong signal to the opposition that hey...we are going try try and hang on and nick something.
    PM me. I'll give you $100 if any of our current crop of hown grown players ever plays 90 minutes in the PL.

How would we know that? They're never given a chance.

PM me. I'll give you $100 if any of our current crop of hown grown players ever plays 90 minutes in the PL.
    Does this include Biancheri? I'll take you up on that if so.

Name your list of players you don't think will make it....! And also over what timescale, and whether at City or elsewhere....

Wouldn't blame Bulut if he walked, he was clearly promised players this month and the board haven't delivered.

Name your list of players you don't think will make it....! Whether here or elsewhere....Biacheri and recently Lewis Benjamin looks promising for Wolves.
    Charlie Crew at Leeds, but it’s significant that it’s players who have left the club that have been named.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Charlie Crew at Leeds, but it’s significant that it’s players who have left the club that have been named.
    ...yes..and one has to ask why.....yes the higher profile clubs come calling, but we should recognise he potential and tie them in.

PM me. I'll give you $100 if any of our current crop of home grown players ever plays 90 minutes in the PL.
    Does not include players that have already moved on. And the bet is between myself and Maurice.

...yes..and one has to ask why.....yes the higher profile clubs come calling, but we should recognise he potential and tie them in.
    Weren't they if an age where we couldn't tie them in or am I just dreaming that??

Re signings... 'we are too late'.

Re: Bulut on Radio Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Don't think he said that directly but it's also how I interpreted it. It's harder with his slightly broken English and probably not wanting to be too blatant about it.
    I got round to listening to the interview and it couldn't be more obvious that he feels let down and will be off unless the board back him this month.