+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 3 defeats on the trot, 1 goal scored, 10 goals conceded

3 defeats on the trot, 1 goal scored, 10 goals conceded

Last time that happened was in 2021 under Mick McCarthy in our worst ever losing run. He didn't hang onto his job that long afterwards.

Re: 3 defeats on the trot, 1 goal scored, 10 goals conceded

Since our draw with Stoke, we've played 13 games and we've got 13 points with a GD of -11. This isn't a blip.

Edit, so we've been in relegation form for 1/3 of a season.

We have been poor no doubt about it. Wish we had someone like Wilson now, bet Bulut would have used him.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We have been poor no doubt about it. Wish we had someone like Wilson now, bet Bulut would have used him.
    He'd never get the ball. Our midfield is the issue, it has been for about 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Since our draw with Stoke, we've played 13 games and we've got 13 points with a GD of -11. This isn't a blip.

Edit, so we've been in relegation form for 1/3 of a season.
    Good point. I hadn't spotted that, thanks.

He'd never get the ball. Our midfield is the issue, it has been for about 10 years.
    I'm going to be more random than I usually am, here.

How much of this might be down to Tan? We know he's clueless when it comes to the game, but manager after manager ignores having any creativity in the middle, but they need to graft. How much of a say does he actually have? Have his fingers been burned a few times with what he might regard "luxury players"?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm going to be more random than I usually am, here.

How much of this might be down to Tan? We know he's clueless when it comes to the game, but manager after manager ignores having any creativity in the middle, but they need to graft. How much of a say does he actually have? Have his fingers been burned a few times with what he might regard "luxury players"?
    Not sure but Morison wanted runners, and Warnock had no need for passing so the two people in charge of the rebuilds since relegation carry the can.

Ramsey managed it, Wilson would do similar.

Ramsey managed it, Wilson would do similar.
    Wilson is a winger. Wilson was anonymous under Harris as a 10

Wilson is a winger. Wilson was anonymous under Harris as a 10
    Under Harris says it all.

Bulut would play him winger or 10 he would still offer way more than anything we have.

Bulut would play him winger or 10 he would still offer way more than anything we have.
    I sincerely doubt he would be effective as a winger, he'd not get the ball for a start.

I sincerely doubt he would be effective as a winger, he'd not get the ball for a start.
    Ok you don’t think Wilson would make any difference, we disagree.

We either have an ok defense or an ok midfield ,,,we not had a decent attack for many years...it's always one section and the rest is lacking.

Ok you don’t think Wilson would make any difference, we disagree.
    Wislon would help but he wouldn't solve the underlying issues. Josh Bowler is a good player but he's done a good job of proving otherwise at us

Last time that happened was in 2021 under Mick McCarthy in our worst ever losing run. He didn't hang onto his job that long afterwards.
    Sabri Lamouchi, come on down

Wislon would help but he wouldn't solve the underlying issues. Josh Bowler is a good player but he's done a good job of proving otherwise at us
    He’s always been a player who blows hot and cold, a confidence player but there is clearly bigger issues than one player within the team. Other than Ramsey or maybe NG I don’t think anyone else in the squad starts for a top 6 club.

Quite.

I dont see any other manager being able to do anything better with resources available.

Seems to me that Dalman Choo and Tan have agreed to not spend any more money this season - basically they have assessed it as we wont go up or down - just let the manager do his best and the club will save some money.

Why would any business spend money - that doesnt have an outcome that makes more money, that's not how business works. Unless he can get players in that will put bums on seats - and that wont be happening.
    We are merely the cash cows that get milked every home game.

Boards fault.

Time to protest

He’s always been a player who blows hot and cold, a confidence player but there is clearly bigger issues than one player within the team. Other than Ramsey or maybe NG I don’t think anyone else in the squad starts for a top 6 club.
    How are the rest of our confidence players doing at the moment?