+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest at next home game?

Protest at next home game?

We don't play at home for a few weeks, with the Preston fixture being on 10th February.

The media is basically blaming the board for the state City are in, and are not criticising the manager.

I wonder if there's any inclination from the fans to protest at the next home fixture?

It's fairly common to do so these days as we see other clubs do it.

What are the pros and cons of doing so, and who or what would be target of the hypothetical protest?

Re: Protest at next home game?

Tennis balls seem to be in favour at the moment.

I'm not averse to protest, I went on nearly all the Bluebirds Unite ones, but I don't think we are at that stage are we?

We are mid-table in the championship and six points off the play offs. If we protest then most football clubs would be protesting most weeks, and that doesn't strike me as realistic.

We are unquestionably on a bad run of form, there is obviously some kind of conflict between board and manager but I'm not sure that protest is that beneficial at this stage tbh

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tennis balls seem to be in favour at the moment.
    Or chocolate coins.

Palace fans at Arsenal yesterday

Image1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm not averse to protest, I went on nearly all the Bluebirds Unite ones, but I don't think we are at that stage are we?

We are mid-table in the championship and six points off the play offs. If we protest then most football clubs would be protesting most weeks, and that doesn't strike me as realistic.

We are unquestionably on a bad run of form, there is obviously some kind of conflict between board and manager but I'm not sure that protest is that beneficial at this stage tbh
    Someone on Twitter was comparing this situation to that of Reading yesterday . Huge frustration obviously, but people jumping to conclusions without any real facts, aside from Bulut is clearly pissed off. Although I'd question if he'd be as pissed off if our form was better than it is.

We've no idea what has been promised to Bulut. As I've said elsewhere, utter naivety/stupidity to promise anything in January, it's an impossible window.

I'll Phone a Reading FC fan I know, see if he can give us some idea's

Me : Hi, alright mate, how its going ? , just after some advice, we are planning a protest at the CCS

Reading fan : About what , you lot are doing ok ? ?

Me, Ummmmm, being mid table in the championship and the owner allegedly not giving us money to buy the Players the manager wants

* Silence

Me, Hello you there ? ? ?, Hello, have you hung up. ??

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Palace fans at Arsenal yesterday

Image1.jpg
    Surviving in the prem league, yea, they need to protest, are us footy fans getting a little over entitled ? ? ?

Go watch a Non-league game, see how the other 1/2 have it, Look at the National league, loads of ex league clubs in it, even the Nat league south has Yeovil ( will get promoted ) and Torquay , Nat league North has 4 ex-league teams in it

im always up for a protest... raise your voice and people listen

but we have been in this situation many times...

what would we be protesting about... bulut out ? tan out ? wheres the new players ?
    and you need a majority fan backing, half a dozen would just fall on deaf ears

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Someone on Twitter was comparing this situation to that of Reading yesterday . Huge .
    saw a few posts " Tan Out " Not sure who these people think will take over

if I was tan I wouldn't be rushing to spend any more money this season, and if I was Bulut I'd probably be complaining loudly about it.

we aren't going to go up this season , so what use will signing all these 30 year old Turks we are linked with do other than give us a more expensive mid table finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if I was tan I wouldn't be rushing to spend any more money this season, and if I was Bulut I'd probably be complaining loudly about it.

we aren't going to go up this season , so what use will signing all these 30 year old Turks we are linked with do other than give us a more expensive mid table finish.
    Bulut will be getting the bullet this week nqat.

Tan won’t accept that public show of disrespect no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

Totally agree with this, but you have to ask why Tan has committed to an experienced foreign manager who presumably was very open that he'd want to use his contacts to sign these kinds of players. And we just added a Chief Scout halfway through the window who has never worked in this country, did we do that so we could sign some youngsters from the lower leagues?

As usual it feels like there's no plan from the club except to survive in the Championship for another 12 months. And maybe based on a stronger than expected start to the season some promises were made which now we look like shite and the manager is struggling that the board are having second thoughts about, but that's pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcwelshlad View Post
    Someone on Twitter was comparing this situation to that of Reading yesterday . Huge frustration obviously, but people jumping to conclusions without any real facts, aside from Bulut is clearly pissed off. Although I'd question if he'd be as pissed off if our form was better than it is.

We've no idea what has been promised to Bulut. As I've said elsewhere, utter naivety/stupidity to promise anything in January, it's an impossible window.
    Comparing it to Reading FFS, some people need to get a grip. Were not going bankrupt or heading for any points deductions, it could be a lot better but it could also be a lot worse.

Were just mediocre; mediocre chairman, mediocre recruitment, mediocre players and whats looking like a mediocre manager. F***ing frustrating but were not going bankrupt or getting relegated.

Oh yeah and there wont be a protest worth anything because there never is. Were a lazy fickle fanbase that doenst even sing at our home games. Im sorry to rant and rave but there it is.

Bulut is playing a blinder here, unlike his team. He’s managed to divert the attention away from his shocking performances and decisions of late.

Protest

Would you give money to Bulut as it stands?

People will literally do anything to stick one to Tan for absolutely no reason

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Oh yeah and there wont be a protest worth anything because there never is. Were a lazy fickle fanbase that doenst even sing at our home games. Im sorry to rant and rave but there it is.
    What have you done?

****ing loads. You?

Protest for what? Being disappointed?

Maybe piss off Tan so he will sell us to someone better lol yeah that’s what he would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    ****ing loads. You?
    Nothing but I don’t see anything to protest for

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Protest for what? Being disappointed?

Maybe piss off Tan so he will sell us to someone better lol yeah that’s what he would do.
    What would ‘better than Tan’ look like in this football climate?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Bulut will be getting the bullet this week nqat.

Tan won’t accept that public show of disrespect no chance.
    I think he's engineered it well, Tan sacks him and he can then walk away having been paid up in full.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What would ‘better than Tan’ look like in this football climate?
    Exactly.

The grass is always greener to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Bulut is playing a blinder here, unlike his team. He’s managed to divert the attention away from his shocking performances and decisions of late.
    I'm sure he'd be less frustrated if our form was better eh!! I do get his frustrations dependent on whatever was promised, but it's a perfect storm at the minute.