+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protest at next home game?

Re: Protest at next home game?

Seems to me to be a problem with communication at many levels leading to this frustration. Lack of communication between the manager and the board / between the board and the owner and between the owner and board with the fans ( also a lack of communication on the pitch between our players but a different issue!) .

What is the plan, if Tan or Dalman came out and said we’re running close with the FFP rules, January is a difficult time to get value for money or find the right player, Bulut has done a good job in difficult circumstances, now we’re safe-ish from relegation, we’ll blood some youngsters and consolidate this season and look to build on the improvement this season in the Summer and give the manager some time to implement his ideas then I think we could all understand that.

However, we have no regular communication from the board / owner and a manager who seems to have as little idea as the fan base.I’m convinced he thought Moore was signing, whether that was naivety on his part or false promises I have no idea. Recent form is a concern and maybe they now have doubts over the manager but Dalman was very robust in his backing on his appointment just a few months ago so a communication explaining the manager’s frustration and situation would be helpful.

I suspect it all comes down to the eccentricities of our owner and not knowing how or which way he wants to take the club but the club could definitely communicate with the general fan base so much better

Personally feel some are over reacting a tad - just my opinion

It's frustrating to be performing badly on the pitch but a protest would be poorly attended because

It's absolutely laughable considering where we are in rge league

We only have a few hundred hard core fans prepared to walk the walk

The rest simply can't be arsed complain and do absolutely nothing

Part of our DNA

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Seems to me to be a problem with communication at many levels leading to this frustration. Lack of communication between the manager and the board / between the board and the owner and between the owner and board with the fans ( also a lack of communication on the pitch between our players but a different issue!) .

What is the plan, if Tan or Dalman came out and said we’re running close with the FFP rules, January is a difficult time to get value for money or find the right player, Bulut has done a good job in difficult circumstances, now we’re safe-ish from relegation, we’ll blood some youngsters and consolidate this season and look to build on the improvement this season in the Summer and give the manager some time to implement his ideas then I think we could all understand that.

However, we have no regular communication from the board / owner and a manager who seems to have as little idea as the fan base.I’m convinced he thought Moore was signing, whether that was naivety on his part or false promises I have no idea. Recent form is a concern and maybe they now have doubts over the manager but Dalman was very robust in his backing on his appointment just a few months ago so a communication explaining the manager’s frustration and situation would be helpful.

I suspect it all comes down to the eccentricities of our owner and not knowing how or which way he wants to take the club but the club could definitely communicate with the general fan base so much better
    Good post.

Effective communication costs nothing - or very little - but the club have been really poor at it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What would ‘better than Tan’ look like in this football climate?
    I usually defend Tan, but his lack of communication is appalling.

If he came out and said we're waiting to see what happens with taking Nantes to court I think most fans would accept that. But the silence is deafening.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I usually defend Tan, but his lack of communication is appalling.

If he came out and said we're waiting to see what happens with taking Nantes to court I think most fans would accept that. But the silence is deafening.
    Issue is, he's said the exact opposite and nothing has happened...

Protest about what?

There can't be many seasons where some people's expectations are so wildly different to my own.

We were horrific most of last season and at a few points seemed destined for relegation, court cases all over the place, almost as many managers, embargoes and not a hint of protest. I don't get why there would be now.

Definitely need to protest about becoming a mid-table side after three years of dross and being under a transfer embargo. Where do I sign up

The transfer window hasn’t even closed yet

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    The transfer window hasn’t even closed yet
    Indeed. Rather premature to protest, methinks.

what are we protesting? That our average troop under an average manager with below average support from the owner are performing mid table ?

Protest at what ? And why ?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tennis balls seem to be in favour at the moment.
    We should go with leeks...

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    We should go with leeks...
    Toys and a pram would be more fitting and if the lord could provide some real snowflakes even better

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Oh yeah and there wont be a protest worth anything because there never is. Were a lazy fickle fanbase that doenst even sing at our home games. Im sorry to rant and rave but there it is.
    People dont really protest here anymore, we just accept stuff and carry on……

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What are we protesting about?
    We don’t have all the facts?
    Maybe Bulut was promised funds if we were in the top six?
    Were not and even if we were the odds of beating Leeds, Southampton,WBA, Norwich Sunderland or Hull etc to the 6th spot is highly unlikely with this squad.

I’ve always maintained that Bulut needs two transfer windows to get the squad he needs, we have 6-8 that need to be moved on and replaced with better quality players.

Unless we move the deadwood on how can we sign more players?

If Bulut decides he can’t wait and build a squad ready to have a crack, then that’s he’s call

If it were my money I’d be reluctant to buy a few more players in January, when in reality the chances of us reaching the top 6 and giving a good account of ourselves is very slim!!!

I’ve said before I like Bulut and I hope he stays, but I still can’t work out why he’s persisting with the same players and hoping for a different result???

We have a couple of promising youngsters, put them in and give them a chance and a run in the team, better to see Colwill Jnr and Ashford gaining confidence and experience than watching Romeo Rinhomota and Bowler doing **** all

In real terms we need at least 6 players coming into the squad who are pushing for a first team place and Rambo back

What does the protest achieve? For Tan to sell up? Is that the goal? And then you hope the guy you protested against with an ego and who doesn’t like to be humiliated feels generous and sells to the best person for the club to progress us and not the highest bidder? Maybe he could wipe off his debt as well in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What does the protest achieve? For Tan to sell up? Is that the goal? And then you hope the guy you protested against with an ego and who doesn’t like to be humiliated feels generous and sells to the best person for the club to progress us and not the highest bidder? Maybe he could wipe off his debt as well in the process.
    I don’t really feel a protest is needed…..it is what it is, a team of cheap freebies mid table….not sure what anyone expects?

I don’t really feel a protest is needed…..it is what it is, a team of cheap freebies mid table….not sure what anyone expects?
    Agreed, but I do think there's a need for fans to ask the question of what our aim is as a club. None of us know.

When Hammam took over he wanted to get the PL. Ridsdale saw that as the aim. Since then Tan has taken over, we've got there twice, but there's no focal feature. I have no idea what the aim of the club is, other than promotion on the cheap. Look where that's got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed, but I do think there's a need for fans to ask the question of what our aim is as a club. None of us know.

When Hammam took over he wanted to get the PL. Ridsdale saw that as the aim. Since then Tan has taken over, we've got there twice, but there's no focal feature. I have no idea what the aim of the club is, other than promotion on the cheap. Look where that's got us.
    Has there ever been an aim or strategy with Tan? I’d like to think he has learnt something in 11 years but I’m not so sure. He got lucky with Warnock in 2018 who performed a miracle but apart from that it’s been one car crash after another for 10 years, he never seems to put his money into the right place, probably because he listens to no one ….im amazed we can still pull 25,000 plus now and then. We deserve more…..

By the time we have the next home game - the transfer window will be shut - we will then know where we are in terms of what Dalman / Choo / Tan think of where we will finish this season.
    If no movement - then they must either think a top 6 is too tough and hence wont invest / gamble either that or they have no faith in the manager.

If they do invest - then lets see what happens. The one thing I know of Bulut - is sometimes he can be too honest in public. It's hard to criticise someone for being honest, but would advise they be more candid - which is hard when English is not your first language.
    Lets just wait and see how things pan out - before various 'leaders' start organising marches.

It's a very frustrating watch, especially given how poor the division is outside of the top 4/5.
    After the start we had it would have been good to have seen us push on and get a few additions.
    Its hardly protest material though.
    I like him but agree with others that Bulut will be gone shortly. Can't see Tan putting up with that and who is going to want to join with that sort of conflict playing out publicly? Can't be good for the existing players either.

International

That is a great post and spot on I think.

Also, it seems like Bulut has been strung along a bit, he seemed sure he would get Moore and that expensive Greek/Turkish Midfielder and probably was promised a few more players, I think Dalman has over-promised and that's caused the frustration, with the paper-thin squad and time it's taking Rambo and O'Dowda to get fit!

Pretty much everything we could say on here is guesswork.

Tan, Dalman, Bulut, and the players know what's going on - each to a greater/lesser extent.

As Don Corleone pointed out, the one thing we do know is that the club has been hopeless at communicating with supporters...and in football that usually doesn't end well.