+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 4 points from 7 home games

4 points from 7 home games

I recall writing a post about our excellent home form earlier in the season, when we won 5 and drew 1 out of 6. It was one of our better home runs of form in our history.

Since we deservedly beat Bristol City we've won 1 and drawn 1 out of 7. We've only endured as bad (or worse) a run with as many defeats 7 times in our history. Our worst was 7 defeats on the trot under McCarthy and Morison.

We've won 3 times as many away games in our last 7 away fixtures.

Re: 4 points from 7 home games

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I recall writing a post about our excellent home form earlier in the season, when we won 5 and drew 1 out of 6. It was one of our better home runs of form in our history.

Since we deservedly beat Bristol City we've won 1 and drawn 1 out of 7. We've only endured as bad (or worse) a run with as many defeats 7 times in our history. Our worst was 7 defeats on the trot under McCarthy and Morison.

We've won 3 times as many away games in our last 7 away fixtures.
    The Bulut Train has well and truly come off the rails. The team played well in a few games in the Autumn and had a few lucky results on the road picking up valuable points. BUT the team never have a plan b when things are not going well. The opposition clubs have well and truly sussed out our one dimensional approach and CCS is becoming an easy place to visit.

I am not convinced that the manager is as good as some fans think he is, but would like to be proved wrong. His outburst and ranting yesterday were unprofessional at best and damaging too for all concerned.

I didn't think the managers interview was a rant or unprofessional, more honest and a cry for support and help .

The tools in the box are not the best and our depth of squad is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The Bulut Train has well and truly come off the rails. The team played well in a few games in the Autumn and had a few lucky results on the road picking up valuable points. BUT the team never have a plan b when things are not going well. The opposition clubs have well and truly sussed out our one dimensional approach and CCS is becoming an easy place to visit.

I am not convinced that the manager is as good as some fans think he is, but would like to be proved wrong. His outburst and ranting yesterday were unprofessional at best and damaging too for all concerned.
    I agree we’ve had our share of lucky results

I'll stick with what I said before Christmas
    Last edited by fugsyphil; 21-01-24 at 21:29. Reason: Duplicate

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I was a real doomsday merchant before a ball was kicked, fearing relegation was a likely outcome, so the half way point has been way above any hopes I had.

I now don't fear the drop at all however I'll also not be surprised if our home form dips badly enough to make the end of season a little nervous. So far we've got 19 points from 11 I'll be pleased with a further 12 from the remaining 12 home fixtures.

Back on the positive side our remaining 11 aways are a fair bit easier than the ones already played so safety shouldn't be an issue
    I'll stick with what I posted before Christmas