+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Re: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Funny how the talk of playoffs has vanished after one result!
    I always thought it was pie in the sky but better to look up than over our shoulder all the time.

Re: Erol Bulut has his faults, but he's the best bet Cardiff City have had in years and needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I always thought it was pie in the sky but better to look up than over our shoulder all the time.
    I don’t see an issue for people to be looking at the play/offs when a couple of points off it, it was always going to be unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Funny how the talk of playoffs has vanished after one result!
    oh...we've only had one loss this season have we...i'm all for bulut staying(we wont get an upgrade) but stop talking b ll x

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Odds on

You’re on acid
    He is for his first sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Even Hudson got 19 points in 18 games. We're lucky we had the start we did, but very unlikely we'd go down from here even if Dalman decided to get the painter back and made him the boss. 3 more wins in 18 games would have us safe most of the last 5 years and to not get that would be an all-time collapse.
    lucky? did you even watch the leeds, ipswich and lecister away games earlier in the season? This team had them on the ropes until we tried to tuck tail and run (the staple bulut tictac)

people seem to forget that this team on its day with more adventurous strategies have punched with the best of them in this league, this very season..the only thing thats changes is bulut sitting deeper...and deeper and deepest. I think we need to roll the dice and hope the next one wants to go for it and not pray for a 1-1 draw against plymouth argile!

people support the manager over supporting the team in this place. Thankfully there seems to be many more outside this forum with the opposite opinion (including many i hear at the grounds!)

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    lucky? did you even watch the leeds, ipswich and lecister away games earlier in the season? This team had them on the ropes until we tried to tuck tail and run (the staple bulut tictac)

people seem to forget that this team on its day with more adventurous strategies have punched with the best of them in this league, this very season..the only thing thats changes is bulut sitting deeper...and deeper and deepest.
    I agree with that. Whether or not the way we played took too much out of the players is another question, but we at least tried to play on the front foot.

It's not as if our new more defensive tactics have resulted in a better defensive record or better results.

The problem with Bulut is he never managed in the English league before we had him. He will sign players that he probably never heard of or as ever seen play.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    The problem with Bulut is he never managed in the English league before we had him. He will sign players that he probably never heard of or as ever seen play.
    Our best hope is that Bulut learns from his first season managing in the Championship and is able to formulate a better playing strategy next season. If he is able to put together a team of his choosing, he will have no excuses if we play as limply as we have done since the Bristol City game.