+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dalman says Bulut's going nowhere

Dalman says Bulut's going nowhere

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has allayed fears over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

And he has assured fans the club are working hard to make signings in the January transfer window.

Doubts over Bulut's future arose after an explosive interview with BBC Sport Wales after Saturday's 3-1 (fixed it) Championship defeat at Plymouth Argyle.

But Dalman said on Monday: "He's going nowhere. Erol is an important part of our plans."

Following Saturday's loss, Bulut said he was "not happy with many things," and that he was considering his future.

"I have to decide about myself and the future with the club. I will make a decision about that," said the 48-year-old former Fenerbahce boss.

"I have to maybe make a decision for myself on how my future will go with the club, because I came here to change things in a positive way."

He cited his frustration with Cardiff's inability to bring in signings so far during the current transfer window, suggesting new recruits were integral to him continuing.

Bulut said: "Everyone knows [we need players]. I know it, the board knows it, the fans know it, all of us, we know it."

Having emerged from a transfer embargo on buying players, Cardiff are able to spend money on transfer fees this window, rather than just scour the loan and free agent market.

But so far they have been frustrated in their efforts to bring players to the club - with Bournemouth's Wales striker Kieffer Moore their number one target.

It is understood Bulut has been involved in talks on Monday to get transfers over the line.

And chairman Dalman, who spearheaded the move in attracting Bulut to Cardiff in June, told fans the club were working hard on new recruits.

"I want to assure supporters we are making every effort to get players in. It has been difficult but we are still optimistic," said the Cardiff chairman.

"So far in this market there has been little movement. We are not alone."

Because they are out of the FA Cup, Cardiff do not have a game until their home Championship fixture with Watford on February 3 - after the January transfer window closes.

Cardiff still have to operate within Financial Fair Play rules but by that Watford encounter they hope to have recruited reinforcements to boost a side which is 14th in the table and has won just one of their last five league games.

They may also seek to end the uncertainty over Bulut's contract arrangement.

He signed a one year deal when he was appointed and, despite the recent run of form, has overseen a big improvement in the team. The club are expected to take action to cement his future at Cardiff City Stadium.

Re: Dalman says Bulut's going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Sorry, made a hash of that:

Cardiff City chairman Mehmet Dalman has allayed fears over the future of manager Erol Bulut.

And he has assured fans the club are working hard to make signings in the January transfer window.

Doubts over Bulut's future arose after an explosive interview with BBC Sport Wales after Saturday's 3-0 Championship defeat at Plymouth Argyle.

But Dalman said on Monday: "He's going nowhere. Erol is an important part of our plans."
    3-0 Sort of give credence to the report.

Good, now we can all move on. God, I hate the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Felt like a 3-0!

bbc wales sport are rubbish they still think liverpool is in wales

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Good, now we can all move on. God, I hate the January transfer window.

Looking forward to all the backtracking from the "In The Know" types on social media.....

International

Sounds like he gave the board a right kicking and it worked he will get a few players in, top half finish, a new contact extension, everyone happy and we push on next season, well that's one potential outcome!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sounds like he gave the board a right kicking and it worked he will get a few players in, top half finish, a new contact extension, everyone happy and we push on next season, well that's one potential outcome!
    Wake up and smell the coffee man

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    What does he smell like?

International

I did say one outcome.

Important moment, things go in either direction from here!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What does he smell like?
    Like coffee

I did say one outcome.

Important moment, things go in either direction from here!
    Anyone who has been following Cardiff City for more than 5 minutes knows which way its going. Hence my prediction of a 20th placed finish.

International

Anyone who has been following Cardiff City for more than 5 minutes knows which way its going. Hence my prediction of a 20th placed finish.
    In only nine days, we need a left back, Striker at least one midfielder, and the injured two back.

I'm worried about the injured two but think he'll get at least two players in, time will tell.

Next match home to Watford too apparently.

Red face Re: Dalman says Bulut's going nowhere

"They may also seek to end the uncertainty over Bulut's contract arrangement." from today's BBC article on 'Bulut Going Nowhere'.

This is one of the key takes in the BBC news article, and reading between the lines, it would suggest that Bulut may well have sought an extension to his contract in return for a commitment to not walk away.

After all, it would have been very damaging for Dalman, Choo, & Tan if yet another manager left the club and the ensuing difficulty of bringing in another manager, given the club's reputation for hiring and firing managers.

Mind you, when I first read the article, I read it as he (Bulut) really is going nowhere, i.e. no progress is being made which some might argue is also the case

the earth is flat, father Christmas lives in Lapland and there are fairies at the bottom of the garden. stuff of fantasy!

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post
    "They may also seek to end the uncertainty over Bulut's contract arrangement." from today's BBC article on 'Bulut Going Nowhere'.
    :
    Just 103 days until his last match under his current contract, unless we miraculously mate the playoffs. How could any manager (or club or player) act with confidence in the transfer market when he doesn’t know if he has a future here.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirdcelt View Post

This is one of the key takes in the BBC news article, and reading between the lines, it would suggest that Bulut may well have sought an extension to his contract in return for a commitment to not walk away.

After all, it would have been very damaging for Dalman, Choo, & Tan if yet another manager left the club and the ensuing difficulty of bringing in another manager, given the club's reputation for hiring and firing managers.

Mind you, when I first read the article, I read it as he (Bulut) really is going nowhere, i.e. no progress is being made which some might argue is also the case
    Bulut took what many thought was a gamble by breaking his silence after the Plymouth debacle by but it was an educated one.
    If Tan and the board don't back him with funds to strengthen then the poor performances and results will continue.
    He will then no doubt get the boot but he will have saved face, plus he would have a good argument that he did well with what he had at his disposal and other clubs will want him.
    If they do back him with funding for players then the chances are that he will get a contract extension to go with it.
    He's sitting pretty.

I suppose the question the board need to ask themselves is one of "is he the right man to stabilise the club and move us forward?"
    A month or so ago most would say yes give him some money to strengthen but recent performances have been relegation form and his pedigree questioned.

If I were in charge of the purse strings I'd give him the dosh and extend his contract, bring in enough quality to consolidate our position but with the longer term in mind.

Dalman is an ally so it was no surprise to me that he has backed him. Question is, will our Vincent?

sounds like dalman trying to save his own neck to me. Imagine how bad it looks on dalman if bulut walks after he persuaded Tan to bring him in lol..

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bulut took what many thought was a gamble by breaking his silence after the Plymouth debacle by but it was an educated one.
    If Tan and the board don't back him with funds to strengthen then the poor performances and results will continue.
    He will then no doubt get the boot but he will have saved face, plus he would have a good argument that he did well with what he had at his disposal and other clubs will want him.
    If they do back him with funding for players then the chances are that he will get a contract extension to go with it.
    He's sitting pretty.

I suppose the question the board need to ask themselves is one of "is he the right man to stabilise the club and move us forward?"
    A month or so ago most would say yes give him some money to strengthen but recent performances have been relegation form and his pedigree questioned.

If I were in charge of the purse strings I'd give him the dosh and extend his contract, bring in enough quality to consolidate our position but with the longer term in mind.

Dalman is an ally so it was no surprise to me that he has backed him. Question is, will our Vincent?
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He's sitting pretty.

Good post

Bulut’s going nowhere

That’s ironic as Cardiff aren’t either.

As stale as can be

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bulut’s going nowhere

That’s ironic as Cardiff aren’t either.

As stale as can be

you'd think that bulut wasnt being critisized each week for his one dimensional failing park the bus tactics. These guys love him!

#bulutFC

All these posters who think Tan has taken a kick in and will give Bulut what he’s demanding lol

There is only one way this is ending regardless of what Dalman says.

Dalman has hardly got form telling the truth lol