+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We signed someone!

Re: We signed someone!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Think this Japanese lad will become a fans favourite. Not a critiscm just an observation but majority of City fan base prefer someone who runs about all energy over the skillful players.
    I think it's more we just haven't often had skillful players.

High energy players are appreciated everywhere surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I think it's more we just haven't often had skillful players.

High energy players are appreciated everywhere surely.
    High energy players are appreciated, but too often at Cardii, high energy comes at the expense of technique.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    High energy players are appreciated, but too often at Cardii, high energy comes at the expense of technique.
    some examples ?

so... whos making the signings nowadays...

bulut seems to have 1 foot holding the door open, and needs players now, surely he would go live with a lack of players rant and then get 1 in and loan him out... what kind of a carve is going on... why dont the parent club just loan him out, seems some behind closed doors bollox going on as usual

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    some examples ?
    Harry Arter and Craig Bryson are two that spring to mind. Both players could huff & puff without ever managing to blow the house down.

They weren't great passers of the ball, they seldom looked like scoring, but they... ran a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    some examples ?
    Without thinking about it too much. Yakou Meite, Will Vaulks, Leandro Bacuna, Karlan Grant (to an extent), Ebou Adams, Andy Rinomhota and Manolis Siopis (to an extent) - they're not all bad players by any means and I'm not saying you can be a successful team without a fair share of grafters in there, but the balance at City has been weighted too far in one direction for ages.

International

No, we preferred Chopra, Earnie, Bothroyd, Koumas, Whittingham, Ramsey, Bellamy, Wilson and Tomlin (when trying).

We also like the odd McNaughton, Kav, Gunnerson, and Medal, but it's the flair players and quality Strikers we prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No, we preferred Chopra, Earnie, Bothroyd, Koumas, Whittingham, Ramsey, Bellamy, Wilson and Tomlin (when trying).

We also like the odd McNaughton, Kav, Gunnerson, and Medal, but it's the flair players and quality Strikers we prefer.
    Who’s we? I mean the club, but it can include the fans as well, I can remember the way Steve McPhail was treated at times and I can remember Ole taking Whitts in the first half of a game with Norwich and there were plenty in the crowd that cheered.

International

Who’s we? I mean the club, but it can include the fans as well, I can remember the way Steve McPhail was treated at times and I can remember Ole taking Whitts in the first half of a game with Norwich and there were plenty in the crowd that cheered.
    Small sections will cheer when a player is being taken off, but it's not because they are a flair player it's because they are having a bad game. Cardiff fans mostly prefer flair players and good Strikers, not players who run around a lot and lack skill.