+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daily Mail slagging us off

Re: Daily Mail slagging us off

Hurrah for the Blackshirts!? That Daily Mail?

"During a break in one of those long days of evidence, I happened to encounter Dario in a corridor. There was no conversation as such. He seemed to speak no English. There were lawyers around. It was to fill a momentary silence, more than anything, that I asked if he felt the inquest might be the end of it, the end of the headlines, the end of the line. The look on his face seemed to say ‘yes’.Little did he know. Five years on and still the cheap haggling for cash goes on."

This sums up how biased this article is. He openly states he can't speak English but then somehow he has understood a complex question and was able to answer it.

Also the fact he says he asked this question to fill a silence is also nonsense. He has clearly asked this from a journalistic viewpoint. If it was even asked at all.

imagine actually reading The Mail and taking it serious lol

Somebody is slagging off our very own sludge factory in the comments section!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Somebody is slagging off our very own sludge factory in the comments section!!!
    He loves the attention

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    He loves the attention
    Maybe, but why are Hartley or pipster hanging around the Daily Heil comments section?

(Thinking about that - it won’t be Hartley)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Both of them? Maybe time for a midweek drive down to Fairwater in the next fortnight or so to have a look. I take it the new buildings will be on the same sites?
    I was at Canton Grammar 1964-1969

it's like being slagged off by Viz but without any humour

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    That's astounding for a newspaper whose very core principle is balanced reporting.
    Please tell me you don't believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Please tell me you don't believe that?
    Remember the old Grange end toilets? A fantastic wall, where urine steam could be visible from the family stand in the cold weather. A few thousand City fans used that every home game. I'll continue the theme. Imagine it's not just City fans having a pee, but everybody in the whole world, into a giant vat. This carries on for millions of years and all the urine collects in a solar system sized vat.

That vat wasn't taking the piss as much as I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Remember the old Grange end toilets? A fantastic wall, where urine steam could be visible from the family stand in the cold weather. A few thousand City fans used that every home game. I'll continue the theme. Imagine it's not just City fans having a pee, but everybody in the whole world, into a giant vat. This carries on for millions of years and all the urine collects in a solar system sized vat.

That vat wasn't taking the piss as much as I was.
    Good man. Just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    He loves the attention
    Is it you Adolf?

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I was at Canton Grammar 1964-1969
    I started in the lower school (Waterhall) in 1968 - I was in the first year that didn’t have to take the 11 plus.

The elephant in the room is where the responsibility of decision sits .

I'm sure this will upset folk but Sala had a part to play in this , as did his friends , agents , Nantes ,and whoever he had discussed his arrangements , he had the money , means , intelligence to make a safer decision and chose to fly safely. If it is true Cardiff offered him a safe commercial flight , for me that exonerates our club of any liability .

If one rocked up at an airfield , see a plane that looks a bit weak in structure , the weather is shit , substitute pilot , or one checks his credentials , ffs we ain't getting on the thing especially if we have loads of footballers dosh , are we ???????????

There I said it , phew ....

As for the DM it does report and do good on a lot of issues and has exposed /criticised the likes of Boris ,Trump , Farage , Israel and called many to account left , right and centre , its critics don't actually read it , they just play on selective headline one does not like ,yes it is a middle England type paper albeit their is a Scottish version ..

It has awarded winning Sports , Female ,Health Sections , it has exposed so many critical stories , been going since 1896 , it is more social democratic than right wing .

It is a very successful paper that many Labour voters buy .........

My gut feeling folk probably prefer no news, no investiagtion media like the WOL as ignorance is bliss .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    The elephant in the room is where the responsibility of decision sits .

I'm sure this will upset folk but Sala had a part to play in this , as did his friends , agents , Nantes ,and whoever he had discussed his arrangements , he had the money , means , intelligence to make a safer decision and chose to fly safely. If it is true Cardiff offered him a safe commercial flight , for me that exonerates our club of any liability .

If one rocked up at an airfield , see a plane that looks a bit weak in structure , the weather is shit , substitute pilot , or one checks his credentials , ffs we ain't getting on the thing especially if we have loads of footballers dosh , are we ???????????

There I said it , phew ....
    Nothing incorrect in what you say but the situation is of a young man put in an unfamiliar situation and trusting the people around him. I'm sure many footballers become more reliant on their various advisers than the rest of us.
    Cardiff City did the right sort of things but failed to keep a proper check on the arrangements and who was advising him.

I take it the club will sue the DM after they published this article?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe, but why are Hartley or pipster hanging around the Daily Heil comments section?

Not guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If it crosses over the media law of the land yes , which are some of the best in the world, you could take this on yourselves by Collect Evidence Gathering : Simply gather all evidence relevant to the report add in any evidence of how it was obtained and the harm it has caused , or reach out to Prince Arry he's got a full time job out this , you win some lose some , it still keeps him in the spotlight .

International

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Doubt it, hasn't almost every article on the subject been biased and on Nantes' side?

Half our fans were saying just give them the money.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Just seen the comments and as much Sludge gets on my tits its pretty pathetic from whoever has done that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just seen the comments and as much Sludge gets on my tits its pretty pathetic from whoever has done that.
    What a thought sludge tits.

It's very unfair as SLUDGE Is usually very balanced.