+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Huw Jenkins

Huw Jenkins

Takes over Newport County
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68086112

Onwards and upwards, could do with him at City.

Re: Huw Jenkins

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

I hope you’re taking the piss

Hope he does well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hope he does well for them.
    He’ll take a lovely wage

A match made in heaven.
    Not sure who I hate the most.

If it wasn't for the fact he would plot to send us down he's the director of football a lot of you have been crying out for

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact he would plot to send us down he's the director of football a lot of you have been crying out for
    He's got more contacts in the game than our entire board.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

He's very sharp and on the whole was responsible for Swanseas recent relatively successful years

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Swansea spent 7 years in the top flight with him there and won the league Cup

I hate the jacks on a local rivals level but some of our fans don't have make themselves look stupid at times

Mostly decent managers employed by him that can't be denied

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I heard he Whatsapp'ed Roberto Martínez to see if he available

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I heard he Whatsapp'ed Roberto Martínez to see if he available
    Lol! More bollocks than a Thai bride!

I appreciate this is extremely unlikely due to their size and lack of revenue, but with Wrexham clearly making a move up the leagues, if Newport somehow managed to get a couple of promotions we could have four of us Welsh clubs in the second tier. That would be fantastic.

Have we ever had four Welsh clubs in at least second tier at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    I appreciate this is extremely unlikely due to their size and lack of revenue, but with Wrexham clearly making a move up the leagues, if Newport somehow managed to get a couple of promotions we could have four of us Welsh clubs in the second tier. That would be fantastic.

No.

I think both Newport and Wrexham would find their level in league one

In the Championship and down revenue from crowd attendance is so important and I simply couldn't see them getting big enough gates to compete

It shouldn't be like that but it is

I think both Newport and Wrexham would find their level in league one

In the Championship and down revenue from crowd attendance is so important and I simply couldn't see them getting big enough gates to compete

It shouldn't be like that but it is
    That’s about right for The County.
    Always division 3/4 until they got relegated to the conference before going bust.

Always division 3/4 until they got relegated to the conference before going bust.
    It's a big enough place to hold its own and if Luton can do OK in the Championship and higher there's always the dream that all fans have

The only time Newport County were in the Second Division, we were in the Third Division.

Newcastle shoved 13 on them in a division 2 fixture, they haven’t always been in the bottom two divisions.

International

Did well for Swansea, but it was a long time ago, it will be interesting to see how he does, I would expect relative success.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Newcastle shoved 13 on them in a division 2 fixture, they haven’t always been in the bottom two divisions.
    Think Sheffield Utd did the same to us in the 30’s

Interesting about the comments about Jenkins on here - I have a lot of swans fans as mates and they are clear in where their blame lies for their current predicament and it is not just with the their current owners but also the way Jenkins managed and agreed the sake. Different strokes and all that

He also bought the club for a song didn't he after debtors didn't receive a lot compared to what they were owed?

I know a couple of swans fans frequent this board be interested to hear their take on Jenkins

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Interesting about the comments about Jenkins on here - I have a lot of swans fans as mates and they are clear in where their blame lies for their current predicament and it is not just with the their current owners but also the way Jenkins managed and agreed the sake. Different strokes and all that

He also bought the club for a song didn't he after debtors didn't receive a lot compared to what they were owed?

I know a couple of swans fans frequent this board be interested to hear their take on Jenkins
    They don't like him because he sold them down the river and made a huge profit, but they shouldn't forget they were heading for the conference before he took over and they are in a miles better position now because of him.

But he did indeed think of himself in the end not what was best for the club in the long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Yes ^^
    Is this Jenkins Newport situation that dissimilar to the Sam Hammam City one?

We all know how that panned out and most of us myself included were hugely excited at Hammam's arrival, even though the warning signs were loud and clear from Wimbledon.
    Newport fans will feel the same that the arrival of a 'saviour' from their current situation which will almost certainly benefit them, in the short term at least.

It is a gamble but one I'm sure most Cewnty fans would be willing to take.

Bournemouth, Luton, Brentford have proved there isn't a glass ceiling for "smaller" clubs.

There are many "big" clubs who have plummeted too.

If you are well run , the size of your ground and fan-base is no hindrance to success.

He's very sharp and on the whole was responsible for Swanseas recent relatively successful years
    Yep as soon as he sold up to the hedge fund I knew they were in trouble….he did very well in getting Martinez, then Brendan, in fact about four very good managers in a row. He did oversee their downfall somewhat mind, can’t recall if he was still there but they blew about £60 million on rubbish like clucas, baston, bony 2nd time round etc after the coup of the sigurdson money….