Jimmy Anderson recalled for 2nd Test after (another) injury to Wood

'Bashir set for England debut as Anderson returns for second Test'

https://www.skysports.com/share/13061165

Re: India v England test match.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Jimmy Anderson recalled for 2nd Test after (another) injury to Wood

'Bashir set for England debut as Anderson returns for second Test'

https://www.skysports.com/share/13061165
    Is Mark Wood injured? I thought Jimmy was just a straight replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is Mark Wood injured? I thought Jimmy was just a straight replacement.
    Ah looks like I misread the piece, injury to Jack Leech.

Be a big test for Jimmy.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Ah looks like I misread the piece, injury to Jack Leech.

Be a big test for Jimmy.
    Jimmy requires another 10 Test wickets to get to 700 , I reckon he will probably retire if he reaches this milestone in India.

India win the toss and bat first. Difficult for England batting last in Indian conditions. Still think they have a good chance

A great first test wicket for Bashir, Rohit caught by Pope at leg slip, India 53-1.

India 103-2 at lunch, a wicket for Jimmy Anderson.

India's day but still all to play for

India won the toss, batted first. India started badly but are now easing into a decent total. England need more wickets and quickly in this 2nd session as they're batting last in Indian conditions. If England lose this match, i think they'll lose the series.

Wickets drying up for England, India win the toss, win the test and the series.

India just been penalised five runs for persistent running down the middle of the pitch in an attempt to rough it up according to the commentators - seems England will be five for no wicket when they start their innings.

India 362-7.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    India just been penalised five runs for persistent running down the middle of the pitch in an attempt to rough it up according to the commentators - seems England will be five for no wicket when they start their innings.

India 362-7.
    Duckett with a sublime unbeaten century 133* as England amass 207 - 2 in just 35 overs #bazball

Will someone answer me as to why Welsh people support the England cricket team?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubert Cumberdale View Post
    Will someone answer me as to why Welsh people support the England cricket team?
    Cricket is just one of those sports where the England / Wales rivalry just doesn’t exist , probably akin to supporting the British Lions or the GB Olympic team.

If you’re a proud cricket fan you would understand the difference

All of the funding for cricket in Wales comes from the ECB, too. It would be really, really bad if Wales went independent.

Given the weird nature of cricket and the extreme closed shop it would be and lack of any real exposure, I struggle to see how cricket would continue in Wales if that were to happen as well as the drop off in finances from a tier 3/4 nation to the level of funding Wales gets from ECB is in the millions.

Thought I'd tune in and watch the last couple of hours test cricket as I couldn't face watching the championship football after City's debacle at Norwich.

What a silly thought it was, thinking England would make a fist of it.

The one consolation is that their hiding was even more comprehensive than ours!

Embarrassing.

Before my time but Mike Proctor has passed away aged 77

Interesting comment here from BBC website

As a Hampshire fan , saw him take a hat trick for Gloucestershire against Hampshire in a Gillette Cup Semi - final.
    Inside edge Barry Richards for the first wicket but had John Rice literally shaking in his boots for the third wicket.
    Next time I see him he gets a hundred and then bowls off break.
    Legend.
    RIP : Mike Proctor

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Before my time but Mike Proctor has passed away aged 77

Interesting comment here from BBC website

As a Hampshire fan , saw him take a hat trick for Gloucestershire against Hampshire in a Gillette Cup Semi - final.
    Inside edge Barry Richards for the first wicket but had John Rice literally shaking in his boots for the third wicket.
    Next time I see him he gets a hundred and then bowls off break.
    Legend.
    RIP : Mike Proctor
    RIP, another great from my youth gone on.

It’s a strange memory but I remember watching Glamorgan against Gloucestershire at St Helens and a Glamorgan fielder had to go off injured and Mike Proctor came on as a substitute fielder ,as was the norm in club cricket. Amazing to think that one of the best cricketers in the world would stick his hand up and offer his services to the opposition. Even in club cricket it was always the case of offer them the youngster in the team, but Proctors love of the game just meant he wanted to be out there whatever the situation.

Gradually picking away at India. Bashir, in particular, bowling very well. 171-6, 182 behind. Turning out better than expected given the first few session on the first day.