+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maidstone

Maidstone

One up at Ipswich at half time, cracking finish for the goal against the run of play.

Re: Maidstone

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    One up at Ipswich at half time, cracking finish for the goal against the run of play.
    Great goal. Any mention of Maidstone United still sends shivers down the spine though

Their average home attendance is around 2150, but they've taken 4500 to Ipswich today. Maidstone are having a go, but I can't see this ending well for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Great goal. Any mention of Maidstone United still sends shivers down the spine though
    What a weird day that was. I'm over it now though.

1-2 Maidstone. Probably 10 minutes left.

I'm assuming I'm watching the same coverage as you, who's the ex-Ipswich player doing the co-commentary?

Wow!. I'll gladly eat my words.

Well done Maidstone. Ipswich were bloody awful. Special mention for omari Hutchinson, who put in one of the most useless, turgid performances I've ever seen, truly abysmal player. Evidently he's on loan from Chelsea, they really will buy any old pile of w@nk nowadays. Contrast that with the Maidstone striker, fast, direct and with the quality to pull off a cracking finish and a good assist !

Spent the last twenty minutes thinking there’s no way they can hold out, but they did - their players must be absolutely shattered, but they won’t be feeling it at the moment.

FT: Ipswich 1 - 2 Maidstone

Fantastic

maidstone.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm assuming I'm watching the same coverage as you, who's the ex-Ipswich player doing the co-commentary?
    UK Coverage has Martin Keown as co-commentator.

Terrific performance.....not a bad keeper either...

That was a compelling watch despite my memories of THAT game. I lament the appalling disconnect our club finds itself in with cup competitions.

Match stats are why the cup is magic

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-27 at 15.37.43.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

I think there were also well over 500 passes for Ipswich against around 80 for Maidstone......

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What a weird day that was. I'm over it now though.
    Speak for yourself…..

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I tell my boy about that game and he can’t believe it

I hadn't realised they are thr first 6th tier team to reach the last 16 since Blyth Spartans in the late 70s. I thought there had been others.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    I hadn't realised they are thr first 6th tier team to reach the last 16 since Blyth Spartans in the late 70s. I thought there had been others.
    And, coincidentally, that season, Ipswich won the Cup, 1978. Wrexham knocked Blyth out in front of 42,000 at St James Park, a crowd that wasn’t bettered there for 22 years. Newcastle United invited the Blyth team to St James Park at their home game prior to the Wrexham game. Of course that league game was against Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    That was a compelling watch despite my memories of THAT game. I lament the appalling disconnect our club finds itself in with cup competitions.
    Our record against them is played 4, drawn 2, scored 1, conceded 9

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post

Ipswich got proper Warnocked.

International

It's times in the net that count, the rest is just talk!