+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: WBA/Wolves

WBA/Wolves

Players taken off pitch due to crowd trouble

West Brom v Wolves crowd trouble

Game suspoended at the moment after Wolves scored a second, aggro started in the West Brom end after it appears Wolves fans were present

Re: WBA/Wolves

The added problem here is that might start a trend with supporters of other clubs kicking off in a similar manner. Let's hope it doesn't spread to our team. It shouldn't but you never know.

Re: West Brom v Wolves crowd trouble

Score stands if abandoned according to the ITV team.

Re: West Brom v Wolves crowd trouble

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Score stands if abandoned according to the ITV team.
    That ‘On The Ball’ ITV lot are now saying the FA will decide what happens in the next ten minutes should the game be abandoned.

ITV not showing any pictures of the trouble, but they’re saying it’s the worst in a long time. West Brom’s Kyle Bartley got his kids out of the area where there was the most trouble.

Why not replay? They would if it was bloody raining.

Wonder what it’ll be like after the game? With the clubs being quite close it may be difficult to prevent them mixing. Hope it goes ok and the ‘copycat’ brigade don’t get any ideas.

Game just about to restart.

Maidstone fans in the home seats at Ipswich yesterday apparently but that all stayed amicable. From what I’ve heard there could be issues at Newport today if tickets are openly available on line.

Remember when we were banned one season from wolves, think that was on the back of one arrest.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Remember when we were banned one season from wolves, think that was on the back of one arrest.
    Watched the game on a beam back in the Grandstand bar at Ninian Park, I’m sure that Irish fella, who turned out to be a bit of a flop, scored the winner.

I almost got arrested at Wolves when we won 4-1. Just for talking about the score with a mate. No Wolves fans around, being marched by the OB and I think I said something like "Wolves 1, Cardiff, considerably more". The copper was young, as was I. I told him it was nonthreatening free speech and that my dad was a solicitor. He was a teacher and would not have backed me up for getting arrested at the football. The shit-house West Mercia copper just walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    ITV not showing any pictures of the trouble, but they’re saying it’s the worst in a long time. West Brom’s Kyle Bartley got his kids out of the area where there was the most trouble.
    Wasn't this on ITV back in the day? https://x.com/UtdHeisenberg_/status/1751616734568575425

Watched the game on a beam back in the Grandstand bar at Ninian Park, I’m sure that Irish fella, who turned out to be a bit of a flop, scored the winner.
    Yeah same, there was a bus that went up to Wolves to protest I went on, did the protest, came back and the club put on a curry and watched the beam back at NP

Yeah same, there was a bus that went up to Wolves to protest I went on, did the protest, came back and the club put on a curry and watched the beam back at NP
    What was the Irish player’s name?...Got it, Jason Byrne.

I was going to say Byrne but couldn’t remember the first name but I think you’re right. He did little else for us lol.

My mate (Dr pop on here RIP) had his tyres slashed on his car in the 80s when we lost (4-0 I think) and we had to have an AA transfer all the way back

.before he went into films.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I almost got arrested at Wolves when we won 4-1. Just for talking about the score with a mate. No Wolves fans around, being marched by the OB and I think I said something like "Wolves 1, Cardiff, considerably more". The copper was young, as was I. I told him it was nonthreatening free speech and that my dad was a solicitor. He was a teacher and would not have backed me up for getting arrested at the football. The shit-house West Mercia copper just walked away.
    West Midlands