+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Rashford

Re: Marcus Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Whats that got to do with gammon on this thread strawman?
    Footballers are perceived to have a privileged life, and they almost always receive universal condemnation in cases like this, so I was just wondering if there are any exceptions to the rule. Name some players who have been praised by their fans for getting pissed and missing matches, because I can't think of any at the moment.

International

Nothing like a young, succesful black man to get the gammons going. The smell of bacon is strong on this thread.
    you?

You're the only one angry

[QUOTE=J R Hartley;5485888]Whats that got to do with gammon on this thread strawman?[/QUOTE

I reckon at least 50% of your posts are unpleasant. How do you do it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Footballers are perceived to have a privileged life, and they almost always receive universal condemnation in cases like this, so I was just wondering if there are any exceptions to the rule. Name some players who have been praised by their fans for getting pissed and missing matches, because I can't think of any at the moment.
    So every single famous person who has an MBE, who has had the tiniest of indiscretions, has faced calls for them to be stripped of their MBE? Yeah rightio.

Hes rang in sick for training after having one too many the night before and missing his flight home ffs. Hardly crime of the century.

Its hardly noncing sex trafficked teenafgers now is it? I dont see the same energy to chastise someone like Prince Andrew from some of the gammons on this thread but god forbide a black man with a nice lifestyle calls in sick. Lets be fair.

I dont see calls from the Gammon & Monkfish to strip Michelle Mone of her peerage. :Hmm:

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

I reckon at least 50% of your posts are unpleasant. How do you do it ?
    Quite easily when responding to gammons like you

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Well, he did alright with his after dinner speeches and ' Audience With' for years on end, crammed to the hilt with Blokes who loved those old pissed up stories regurgitated by Georgie Boy.
    One of the few times I saw my father pissed off/upset about a football player was when he saw Best on Wogan make a complete arse of himself.

His reasoning being he was being taken the piss out of and they were making his alcoholism worse.

He was right.

And for a specific example Jack Grealish aka Jack the Lad as christined by the media. The press were loving his boozy celebrations last summer. Didnt see the same energy for him that we are now seeing for Rashford. It might have been the end of Man Citys season but he still had England duty to turn up to and he got subsequently dropped by Southgate because he turned up still half cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    One of the few times I saw my father pissed off/upset about a football player was when he saw Best on Wogan make a complete arse of himself.

His reasoning being he was being taken the piss out of and they were making his alcoholism worse.

He was right.
    Same happened with Gascoigne.

And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc.
    Everybody likes to think that Bestie was Jack the lad, but there was a sadness among those who played with him. I've heard stories about how great he was on the pitch, and the stuff he used to do in training, but ultimately it is a story about wasted talent and letting other people down.

And for a specific example Jack Grealish aka Jack the Lad, the press were loving his boozy celebrations last summer. Didnt see the same energy for him and it might have been the end of Man Citys season but he still had England duty to turn up to.
    Yup, it was mildly discussed as being slightly unwise. Imagine if that had been raheem Sterling.....

And for a specific example Jack Grealish aka Jack the Lad as christined by the media. The press were loving his boozy celebrations last summer. Didnt see the same energy for him that we are now seeing for Rashford. It might have been the end of Man Citys season but he still had England duty to turn up to and he got subsequently dropped by Southgate because he turned up still half cut.
    Yeah, but who was praising him for that?

Everybody likes to think that Bestie was Jack the lad, but there was a sadness among those who played with him. I've heard stories about how great he was on the pitch, and the stuff he used to do in training, but ultimately it is a story about wasted talent and letting other people down.
    Yup, i'd agree entirely, very sad. He was used and spat out when there was nothing left for him to do. The point i was making is that plenty of football fans have immortalised Best, and giggled away at his drunken behaviour, celebrated on TV in the 80s and 90s etc. It's cultural, and Best's culture was white working class (the lowest kind), shagging, pissed up etc. ou know as well as i do that plenty of blokes have been back slapped by their peers for that type of behaviour. Rashford gets involved, different story, because different culture.

Same happened with Gascoigne.
    Yes.

I think both suffered from a lack of care once their careers finished.

Probably lack of care during too.

Yup, it was mildly discussed as being slightly unwise.
    Grealish is hardly the most popular player in Britain, and there was a time when everybody hated him. It took a few stories about his good deeds to help redeem his character.

Yes.

I think both suffered from a lack of care once their careers finished.
    During their careers as well. Remember when Gascoigne was wearing fake tits, pissed up and ticking like a mule on acid. 'We' all laughed. Football shit on him and so did the media. He probably didn't have any support.

Grealish is hardly the most popular player in Britain, and there was a time when everybody hated him. It took a few stories about his good deeds to help redeem his character.
    What about Rashfords good deeds?

Yeah, but who was praising him for that?
    Who said anythign about praise? You asked who gets a free pass? Changing the goalposts now ive told you how one has been treated completely different to other.

Rashford, Sterling, Dele Ali. Theyve all had cetain sections of the press really come after them this last few years. It doesnt take a genius to work out whats the common theme and it isnt that they are all professional footballers.

All done with a hidden agenda if you listen to the Daily Mail readers on this thread. Strip him of his MBE.

Must do you some good I suppose..

Rashford is obviously interfering and playing at politics. He needs to know his place and leave social issues to the experts who are doing a great job.

Who said anythign about praise? You asked who gets a free pass? Changing the goalposts now ive told you how one has been treated completely different to other.

Rashford, Sterling, Dele Ali. Theyve all had cetain sections of the press really come after them this last few years. It doesnt take a genius to work out whats the common theme and it isnt that they are all professional footballers.

Rashford is obviously interfering and playing at politics. He needs to know his place and leave social issues to the experts who are doing a great job.
    Virtue signalling i think they call it. Upsets the **** out of them on here.

tbf, AQM nailed his colours to the mast on Rashford pretty early. Who can forget this bit of bile.

“Where they can, it’s a parents job to feed their children.” Completely true. Maybe if Rashford's old man had hung around a bit to support the kids he's fathered his mother might not have had such a tough time.. Sorry did I say father, perhaps should have said fathers...

Yup, i'd agree entirely, very sad. He was used and spat out when there was nothing left for him to do. The point i was making is that plenty of football fans have immortalised Best, and giggled away at his drunken behaviour, celebrated on TV in the 80s and 90s etc. It's cultural, and Best's culture was white working class (the lowest kind), shagging, pissed up etc. ou know as well as i do that plenty of blokes have been back slapped by their peers for that type of behaviour. Rashford gets involved, different story, because different culture.
    You make some good points, but don't forget that football has changed completely. These days the players are closely monitored for health and fitness, and you'd never get away with what they did in the past. You even get fined if you are a minute late on the training pitch, or for a meeting, etc.