Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marcus Rashford

Re: Marcus Rashford

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ah, the old appeal to emotion fallacy. Well done
    I love it when people talk dirty! 💋

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I’ve done it plenty of times and I bet loads of other people have as well.
    That makes it Ok then.

I must have a different view of my (very meagre admittedly) responsibility to my employers.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No one cares about that I'm sure, he has a bad attitude for a professional footballer and people are saying what an idiot he is, people said Greenwood was a tool too, and he's done nothing for child poverty, stop trying to make everything political it's pathetic.

It's the opposite you are trying to play it down because of that.
    There’s a pot over there that needs painting! 🤣

I still miss Robbie.
    At least he could sing, imagine having to listen to Mark Owen all night when you were expecting Gary Barlow.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That makes it Ok then.

I must have a different view of my (very meagre admittedly) responsibility to my employers.
    Lazy undisciplined Bustards do it, I'm with you, even if you're feeling rough it's self-inflicted work through it

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That makes it Ok then.

Bobby. They’ll throw you on the scrap heap as soon you’ve served your purpose mate. It’s nothing personal. Just don’t fall into that trap. 👍

Lazy undisciplined Bustards do it, I'm with you, even if you're feeling rough it's self-inflicted work through it
    Watch your speed next time you’re driving pal. Respect the law.

At least he could sing, imagine having to listen to Mark Owen all night when you were expecting Gary Barlow.
    I can agree on that! See. Common ground!

Right then. Can’t hang around here all day. There’s work to be done! 🤣💪

No one cares about that I'm sure, he has a bad attitude for a professional footballer and people are saying what an idiot he is, people said Greenwood was a tool too, and he's done nothing for child poverty, stop trying to make everything political it's pathetic.

It's the opposite you are trying to play it down because of that.
    Oh, I think you'll find some do.

Right then. Can’t hang around here all day. There’s work to be done! 🤣💪
    …..f*ck it! Just one more swipe on Tinder! 💪👉🙌

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Be fair, Rashford is the first Manchester United player to do it since George Best's shenanigans half a century ago
    And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He dhould know his place.

Quote Originally Posted by pomeroy View Post
    I don’t hate Marcus but if the guy mouths off about child poverty and basks in the adulation whist earning £300K per week, running 3 Rollers and a Bentley and letting down his club with two piss ups in Belfast he has to be held to account. Talk the talk, walk the walk.
    ‘Mouthing off’ is quite a strange term to use when the subject is child food poverty.

As for ‘waking-the-walk’ here’s a few little things he’s done according to charity FareShare: https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/.

Sounds like he’s messed-up and MUFC has disciplined him. Poor from him really, but it’s tempting to conclude people using it to try to undermine some quite separate good things he’s done previously have their own agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He should know his place.
    You might be overthinking this. At the end of the day we are all only human, and I'd probably also sacrifice a lucrative career for one night with the girl on the left. The girl on the right probably not, and I would have been on the early flight home, all tucked up in bed by 8pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    ‘Mouthing off’ is quite a strange term to use when the subject is child food poverty.

As for ‘waking-the-walk’ here’s a few little things he’s done according to charity FareShare: https://fareshare.org.uk/marcus-rashford/.

Sounds like he’s messed-up and MUFC has disciplined him. Poor from him really, but it’s tempting to conclude people using it to try to undermine some quite separate good things he’s done previously have their own agenda.
    I did the boy a disservice and congratulate him on past achievements. It makes it more important that he gets his life back on track. Let’s hope his mother and long time ex. girl friend can sort him out.

And Georgie boy was celebrated for his drinking, shagging, not turning up etc. I know why old white blokes hate Rashford. Black working class kid coming off an estate earning fantastic money, then calling out the Tories. He dhould know his place.
    Old white [Tory] blokes gave him an MBE - for doing what probably hundreds of other people do without being recognised for their efforts..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Old white [Tory] blokes gave him an MBE - for doing what probably hundreds of other people do without being recognised for their efforts..
    Rashford was awarded an MBE in The Queen’s Birthday Honours. The sovereign it seems has final approval.

I believe the nominations committee is made up of civil servants and people Independent of government including, dare I say, women.

International

Was he celebrated when he was playing?

He was a charismatic bloke with a good story and was very happy and bangin' Miss Worlds, but people were still critical even when his career was over.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25587...n-utd-tequila/

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    So no one should have an MBE unless they give them all at once to deserving people?

It's such a weird hill to die on.

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So no one should have an MBE unless they give them all at once to deserving people?

Take it off them if they later turn out to be crooks or bellends.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

Just wondering why he got one and those 100's of deserving people didn't. At the time he was plastered all over the media for his non-football activities. No doubt a crude political move to appeal to the 'working class football-loving bloke'

Nothing like a young, succesful black man to get the gammons going. The smell of bacon is strong on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Nothing like a young, succesful black man to get the gammons going. The smell of bacon is strong on this thread.
    Name another footballer who got a free pass for dicking around. (no pun intended).

Name another footballer who got a free pass for dicking around. (no pun intended).
    Whats that got to do with gammon on this thread strawman?

Was he celebrated when he was playing?

He was a charismatic bloke with a good story and was very happy and bangin' Miss Worlds, but people were still critical even when his career was over.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25587...n-utd-tequila/
    Well, he did alright with his after dinner speeches and ' Audience With' for years on end, crammed to the hilt with Blokes who loved those old pissed up stories regurgitated by Georgie Boy.