Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
that the Bluebirds are "close to agreeing a transfer" with Oslo-based Valarenga for Serbian striker Andej Ilic. Cardiff were reported to have launched a "big bid" for the player earlier this month, with the clubs locked in negotiations over a potential move.

However, TV 2 say there has now been a "breakthrough in negotiations" with both sides pushing for a deal to be completed on Monday. 23-year-old Ilic scored 11 goals in 16 games last season, including nine in 13 Eliteserien appearances for Valarenga, with the fee paid by Cardiff reported to be around £3.5mm spread over three years.
Ilic is reportedly set to be joined at Cardiff by midfielder Badou Ndiaye, with a deal in principle said to have been agreed with Adana Demirspor for the Senegal international. Reports in Turkey suggest that while other SuperLig sides including Pendikspor and Samsunspor were interested in Ndiaye, he is now set for a return to the Championship having previously spent two years at Stoke City.
Elsewhere, Cardiff continue to be linked with Liverpool defender Nat Phillips, after his loan with Scottish champions Celtic was cut short. Championship rivals Blackburn and Leeds are also said to be interested in signing the 26-year-old centre-back on loan, with Jurgen Klopp once describing him as a "monster" for his aerial abilities.
Bulut said earlier in the window that the club had "many names on the list" as he expressed hope that he would have some new faces at his disposal come February. "We try, we have many names on the list — striker, winger, midfielder, centre-back," he said.
"But it's everything about the finances and I don’t know where we are and how we can invest. I try to make my best for Cardiff City until the end of the season, with this team or with new players, I hope, but I will try my best for this team until the end of the season.
“I’m always positive, but it doesn’t make changes when I’m positive. I will be much, much more positive with new players coming in. I hope the following days, until the end of the window, we can finalise some transfers."
It’s all on the “lack of rumours thread”!