+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Don't Billionaires own shares? If they keep a hold of them how do we tax that?

Don't many billionaires employ thousands of people?

Don't you think it's also fair that the majority that use the services pay for what they use? How many millionaires and billionaires do you see over the Royal Glam on a Saturday morning? Billionaires aren't putting a strain on the country, the masses and masses of people that need services are. If you take the kids to McDonalds for a treat do you buy all the other kids in there a happy meal because you've got the money or do you pay for your own food and leave like the rest of them do!
    I get your approach. Look after yourself. Don't consider anyone else. Pay for what you need. I presume if someone needed a kidney you'd tell them to piss off unless they could afford it themselves. Sorry, but I have an ounce of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    billionaires are a strain on this and every other country
    They also get rich on the back of working people in this country.

I remember discussing this once with a rampant Tory, who sold gas for balloons, mainly to individuals who would buy balloons from a store and he'd fill them. He was adamant that we shouldn't have an NHS, that if people fell ill and couldn't afford to get better, tough. I asked him how it would affect his business. He thought about it and said it would have an impact on what he could earn, so I pointed out that paying a bit of tax and NI means some of your customers would get better and you'd have more trade. He never agreed with it. Stupid sod.

billionaires are a strain on this and every other country
    https://www.theguardian.com/news/202...ich-g20-brazil

The G20 group of the world’s most powerful countries is exploring plans for a global minimum tax on the world’s 3,000 billionaires, aiming to end a “race to the bottom” that has enabled the super-rich to pay less than the rest of the population.

Leaders gathering in São Paulo for a key G20 meeting of finance ministers and central bank governors are preparing to discuss an internationally agreed backstop on the taxation of hypermobile wealthy individuals, amid increasing global cooperation to tackle tax avoidance.

Aiming to build on the cooperation that resulted in a 15% global minimum tax on multinational companies, which came into effect in January, the plan is being promoted under Brazil’s presidency of the G20 before a summit of world leaders in Rio de Janeiro in autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I get your approach. Look after yourself. Don't consider anyone else. Pay for what you need. I presume if someone needed a kidney you'd tell them to piss off unless they could afford it themselves. Sorry, but I have an ounce of humanity.
    I didn't say anything like that did I.

Billionaires own stock. They are rich on paper. What do you want to tax? I get taxed a percentage of what I earn, that is fair, so as a collective many of us chip in and get use of services. The rich people, who have money on paper, and don't use any of these services are expected to not only employ and pay people but contribute to services they don't use. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    We had the new bags collected last week - "on the same day as normal" except that it was postponed at about 9pm on that day. So all these bags out in the street all day for no reason. This week it should be food bin, black bin, bottle bin, red bag and blue bag.
    What could go wrongThese bags are useless. I thought they'd be rainproof, but all they've got is a couple of velcro patches on the front corners v- and handle at the side so that when you pick them up, it exposes the paper (and plastic) to the elements. Duh!
    Today was collection day - except it isn't!
    As I suspected, all the new recycling has been postponed until tomorrow (at least)
    I have heard unconfirmed news that the council doesn't yet have enough of the new lorries that keep the different materials separate - so in some cases, your carefully separated recycling wase is being dumped into old lorries so it is mixed up again!

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Today was collection day - except it isn't!
    As I suspected, all the new recycling has been postponed until tomorrow (at least)
    I have heard unconfirmed news that the council doesn't yet have enough of the new lorries that keep the different materials separate - so in some cases, your carefully separated recycling wase is being dumped into old lorries so it is mixed up again!
    Doesn't surprise me. The council didn't have enough of the new lorries for the trial period that started in 2022, so those households had to separate their recycling, the bin men threw it all in the same compartment in the lorry, and then it was taken to Lamby Way to be sorted again. Typical of Cardiff Council to take a good idea on paper and implement it badly.

Has Cardiff Council always annoyed you Cardiff residents ?

What about the days of the liberal bloke Rodney Berman ?

I quite like Billionaires paying £millions of tax, employing people who also pay lots of tax, running businesses that pay lots of tax. They may not all be nice people like you with lots of humanity, but without them we'd be screwed...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I quite like Billionaires paying £millions of tax, employing people who also pay lots of tax, running businesses that pay lots of tax. They may not all be nice people like you with lots of humanity, but without them we'd be screwed...
    we don't need billionaires at all.
    what if billionaires were taxed at 100% of their wealth above 999 million. they would still have businesses, employ people etc.
    every billionaire's existence is a failure of policy.

imagine if you observed the same behaviour in nature day a few monkeys hoarding more food than they could ever possibly hope to eat while others starve to death?

I don't think we'd be screwed. Jobs and taxes can still exist without billionaires.

I quite like Billionaires paying £millions of tax

Which tax haven are they paying the tax though?

what if billionaires were taxed at 100% of their wealth above 999 million. they would still have businesses, employ people etc.

imagine if you observed the same behaviour in nature day a few monkeys hoarding more food than they could ever possibly hope to eat while others starve to death?
    So if 'we don't need billiionaires' we don't need to take more of their wealth. Sorted.

So if 'we don't need billiionaires' we don't need to take more of their wealth. Sorted.
    Or if they paid people a bit more, they'd hardly miss it, we could spend a bit less on welfare etc. Universal Credit is basically topping up poor pay.

International

Thats what happens the leader eats the most and the others in the group then get some when he lets them, then if they find another group near their food they kick the shit out of them, we are all animals.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Thats what happens the leader eats the most and the others in the group then get some when he lets them, then if they find another group near their food they kick the shit out of them, we are all animals.
    https://equalitytrust.org.uk/scale-e...-inequality-uk

International

It's growing computers, online businesses are part of the exponential growth in some areas, and money goes to money is still true and alive and kicking, so the top end is always moving forward.

Then traditional businesses are in decline and wealth there is decreasing, and we have five generations of families that will never see the need to work, and all forms of immigration, some coming right in at the top, but more adding to the lower wealth contingent.

As you've said it's worse in America and I've seen it's similar in most of Europe, but you'll never stop it, the same happens with bigger gaps in communist countries, the people at the top grab all the wealth and power.

Lions do the same the King has all the lionesses and the best food, we are animals.

Or if they paid people a bit more, they'd hardly miss it, we could spend a bit less on welfare etc. Universal Credit is basically topping up poor pay.
    Denise Coates paid half a billion pounds in income tax. Her company employs 7000 people, most of whom pay tax & NI. Her businesses pay hundreds of millions in corporation tax. Tell her she'll 'hardly miss' another £50 million and she could well tell the govt. where to go and move to Guernsey etc.

exactly, we allow billionaires to pay poverty wages that are propped up by the taxpayer. if you work full time you used to be able to live a decent life, afford a home, have a stay at home parent etc, these things are now in the past because more and more of the wealth is being absorbed by the greedy few at the top.

Denise Coates paid half a billion pounds in income tax. Her company employs 7000 people, most of whom pay tax & NI. Her businesses pay hundreds of millions in corporation tax. Tell her she'll 'hardly miss' another £50 million and she could well tell the govt. where to go and move to Guernsey etc.
    She's the top (or 2nd depending where you read) tax payer in the UK. Yet she's only 16th on the rich list according to this
    https://www.independent.co.uk/money/...-b2341903.html

Shouldn't the wealthiest be paying most tax?

there's a big difference between eating the most and hoarding more food than you could ever hope to eat in several lifetimes.

It's growing computers, online businesses are part of the exponential growth in some areas, and money goes to money is still true and alive and kicking, so the top end is always moving forward.

Then traditional businesses are in decline and wealth there is decreasing, and we have five generations of families that will never see the need to work, and all forms of immigration, some coming right in at the top, but more adding to the lower wealth contingent.

As you've said it's worse in America and I've seen it's similar in most of Europe, but you'll never stop it, the same happens with bigger gaps in communist countries, the people at the top grab all the wealth and power.

Lions do the same the King has all the lionesses and the best food, we are animals.
    You're failing to grasp that we shouldn't just accept it as it is. Feck me, things are worse in the UK for most people than they were 20 years ago even though there's more money about.

The one thing that does sadden me here is that you really don't give a shit about those at the bottom. To you, it's nature's order that they need to be there. What a shit attitude to have.

Historically, when inequality reaches a certain level usually something dramatic happens, an uprising, a revolution. It has happened many times before and we are close to that kind of inequality today.

International

You're failing to grasp that we shouldn't just accept it as it is. Feck me, things are worse in the UK for most people than they were 20 years ago even though there's more money about.

The one thing that does sadden me here is that you really don't give a shit about those at the bottom. To you, it's nature's order that they need to be there. What a shit attitude to have.
    No I do care, but there is nothing very much I can do about it other than pay my taxes and hope some get's redirected their way.

What are you doing about it?

International

Historically, when inequality reaches a certain level usually something dramatic happens, an uprising, a revolution. It has happened many times before and we are close to that kind of inequality today.
    Yes that's factual, I think constant protests are the start of something different, will politicians and governments change or take notice time will tell?

They used to say we need a good war.