+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Re: Cardiff - Changes to your recycling

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    She's the top (or 2nd depending where you read) tax payer in the UK. Yet she's only 16th on the rich list according to this
    https://www.independent.co.uk/money/...-b2341903.html

Shouldn't the wealthiest be paying most tax?
    I've often thought that like food hygiene ratings that businesses have to display on their premises, companies should also have to display a score based on how much of their tax they are paying in this country.
    Funnel it all through some offshore tax haven - its not illegal but consumers should be able to see clearly that's what you're doing so they can make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there's a big difference between eating the most and hoarding more food than you could ever hope to eat in several lifetimes.
    Quite.

I have no idea what the average wage is, but say someone earns £20k in a year. Forget about tax, NI for the moment.

Someone earning £1m in a year makes 50 times that.

Someone earning £1b in a year makes 50,000 times that.

According to Oxfam, since 2020, billionnaires are $3.3trillion better off. That's more than the UK's GDP. Corporations pay the tax they see fit as they won't be challenged. Some say we shouldn't challenge them as they provide jobs and taxation, but I disagree. Any company that makes the huge profits these corporations make should pay the correct levels of tax, not tell governments what they want to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    No I do care, but there is nothing very much I can do about it other than pay my taxes and hope some get's redirected their way.

What are you doing about it?
    Well, you care enough not to be even vocal about it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Denise Coates paid half a billion pounds in income tax. Her company employs 7000 people, most of whom pay tax & NI. Her businesses pay hundreds of millions in corporation tax. Tell her she'll 'hardly miss' another £50 million and she could well tell the govt. where to go and move to Guernsey etc.
    Are a proportion of that 7000 claiming ‘top up’ benefits due to low wages? Benefits that come out of the public purse.

Yes that's factual, I think constant protests are the start of something different, will politicians and governments change or take notice time will tell?

They used to say we need a good war.
    The last ‘civil war’ in this country chucked generations on the scrap heap. No sustainable, long term, decent employment to replace lost jobs resulting in many having to rely on hand outs & benefits to exist ad infinitum. Her war against the ‘enemy within’ is still reverberating to this day, while the rich get richer.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Well, you care enough not to be even vocal about it.
    Yes I've started a post on the daft waste of money on this stupid system, if they hadn't paid for all the stupid Ikea bags and special lorries they could have spent in on the people in the community that need it most, while you are happy for Drippy and the CC to waste money and never challenge them.

Llanishen
    Green bag collection cancelled at 5.00pm today !!!!!

Streets full of them, gulls, crows and foxes will have a field day.

(They can smell the cans and paper that tossers don’t wash clean)

Now supposedly Monday collection

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're failing to grasp that we shouldn't just accept it as it is. Feck me, things are worse in the UK for most people than they were 20 years ago even though there's more money about.

The one thing that does sadden me here is that you really don't give a shit about those at the bottom. To you, it's nature's order that they need to be there. What a shit attitude to have.
    You love to gaslight people don't you!!

Here you are once again saying someone doesn't care, you were doing this to me until you decided to ignore me.

Oh and, without order Eric we descend into chaos. Humans work better within a hierarchy.

This thread seems to have gone a tad off-topic, hasn't it?!

Back to collections -

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Today was collection day - except it isn't!
    As I suspected, all the new recycling has been postponed until tomorrow (at least)
    I have heard unconfirmed news that the council doesn't yet have enough of the new lorries that keep the different materials separate - so in some cases, your carefully separated recycling wase is being dumped into old lorries so it is mixed up again!
    Well, the glass caddy was emptied early this morning, but the red and blue bags for plastic and paper is still sitting there.
    Checking the app, as I suspected, they've postponed again! Until tomorrow...maybe.

Pissup in a brewery comes to mind.

This thread seems to have gone a tad off-topic, hasn't it?!

Back to collections -

Well, the glass caddy was emptied early this morning, but the red and blue bags for plastic and paper is still sitting there.
    Checking the app, as I suspected, they've postponed again! Until tomorrow...maybe.

Pissup in a brewery comes to mind.
    ...And the bag collection has been postponed AGAIN!

Tossers

...And it's been postponed AGAIN!!
    Now scheduled for Monday - closer to next Thursday than last, so I'll be surprised if they don't cancel it altogether and just pick it up on Thursday.

International

...And it's been postponed AGAIN!!
    Now scheduled for Monday - closer to next Thursday than last, so I'll be surprised if they don't cancel it altogether and just pick it up on Thursday.
    The trucks that are split in two are in for a repair, so today they are mixing all the bags together anyway so splitting the recycling has been a waste of our time.

The binmen must hate all this extra hassle how long till they are back out on strike?

The trucks that are split in two are in for a repair, so today they are mixing all the bags together anyway so splitting the recycling has been a waste of our time.

The binmen must hate all this extra hassle how long till they are back out on strike?
    I saw a few of those split trucks out last week, I think perhaps they just don't have enough for all of Cardiff yet

International

I saw a few of those split trucks out last week, I think perhaps they just don't have enough for all of Cardiff yet
    I saw a message from the counsellor, the Dennis split trucks are all in for repair, they considered separate trucks for Red and then another truck for Blue, but they don't have the resources to do that.

International

I saw someone moaning on FB that a dog peed on his bags, it's always going to happen dogs are the only ones who love them

Meanwhile, the green recycling bags in Llanishen, are spread all the streets, having been attacked by the gulls & crows

It like a rubbish dump out there

I don't think the dispute is over yet. Collections still aren't back to 'normal', whatever that is.

I saw a message from the counsellor, the Dennis split trucks are all in for repair, they considered separate trucks for Red and then another truck for Blue, but they don't have the resources to do that.
    well that wasn't the case last Thursday

I s’pose them having a counsellor tells a tale

International

well that wasn't the case last Thursday
    Yes this morning I saw the message so today unless I missed it over the weekend.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I s’pose them having a counsellor tells a tale
    They probably need one after trying to implement this rubbish!

Just cancelled Llanishen again

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Are you still in Johnston Road Tony?

Tomorrow for us now......

Allegedly

Or as our greatest playwright said

"Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day"

Couldn't have put it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Postponed or cancelled?

They postponed me again, may as well cancel now, can't see them picking up tomorrow and Thursday.

Postponed or cancelled?

They postponed me again, may as well cancel now, can't see them picking up tomorrow and Thursday.
    They've just picked it up!!
    Hoorah!

We're odds-on to be postponed or even cancelled for the collection scheduled for Thursday now. (only 2 days away)