+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please, please, please! An attack minded midfielder who can make the forward passes

Please, please, please! An attack minded midfielder who can make the forward passes

A midfielder that isn’t programmed to play backwards.
    And will have a shot or two and run at defences up the middle.
    Oh, and has some pace.😊

Re: Please, please, please! An attack minded midfielder who can make the forward passes

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Oh, and has some pace.😊
    Someone like..... ?

David Turnbull.jpg

Re: Please, please, please! An attack minded midfielder who can make the forward passes

David Turnbul is just that player

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    Oh, and has some pace.😊
    Ralls , Siopis, Wintle taking on the dog work

Why couldn't Rubin Colwill be that player, release him from his defensive work? I bet Bulut doesn't make the same demands of Rambo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Why couldn't Rubin Colwill be that player, release him from his defensive work? I bet Bulut doesn't make the same demands of Rambo.
    He's not got the workrate to get the ball deep

He's OK high up the pitch , playing off the front two

They cost lots

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ralls , Siopis, Wintle taking on the dog work
    Bulut has strengthened the Spine of the team Diedhiou, Turnbull, and Nat Phillips, which looks decent if it comes off for a January window.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's not got the workrate to get the ball deep

He's OK high up the pitch , playing off the front two
    We dont even play with a front two, you havent got a clue.

For someone who bangs on about people supporting their local club, why dont you try and support our local homegrown players.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    David Turnbul is just that player
    Hopefully. I have a fear that Bulut will tell him to sit deep.

I dont think we will go down - so for the next few months Bulut can experiment a little with the team. We dont always have to sit back, we should get as many of the Under 21's in the squad as possible.
    People like players respond to a challenge and if they dont they not for the job which they are paid to do.

It'll be interesting to see who makes way if and when we sign Turnbull. For a start, based on what we know about Bulut, it's hard to see him having a fit again Ramsey and Turnbull both playing in an attacking midfield role unless he's going to get rid of one or both of his wingers. From what I remember of Turnbull when I've seen him at Motherwell and Celtic, he's the sort of player our manager may well get twitchy about for not doing his share of work off the ball. For this reason, I'd guess Turnbuil arriving would be bad news for Rubin Colwill - he's been our most creative player during our bad spell and had upped his off the ball stuff as Bulut wanted him to. At some clubs, you'd see at least two out of a three of Ramsey, Turnbull and Colwill playing every week, but I doubt it will happen at Cardiff - we're not that sort of club,

Something which may make all of the above rubbish mind is if Bulut has decided that, you cannot build a squad based on an assumption that Ramsey is going to be available for even fifty per cent of games, it may be that Turnbull is going to be a replacement for Ramsey, rather than someone to play alongside him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It'll be interesting to see who makes way if and when we sign Turnbull. For a start, based on what we know about Bulut, it's hard to see him having a fit again Ramsey and Turnbull both playing in an attacking midfield role unless he's going to get rid of one or both of his wingers. From what I remember of Turnbull when I've seen him at Motherwell and Celtic, he's the sort of player our manager may well get twitchy about for not doing his share of work off the ball. For this reason, I'd guess Turnbuil arriving would be bad news for Rubin Colwill - he's been our most creative player during our bad spell and had upped his off the ball stuff as Bulut wanted him to. At some clubs, you'd see at least two out of a three of Ramsey, Turnbull and Colwill playing every week, but I doubt it will happen at Cardiff - we're not that sort of club,

Something which may make all of the above rubbish mind is if Bulut has decided that, you cannot build a squad based on an assumption that Ramsey is going to be available for even fifty per cent of games, it may be that Turnbull is going to be a replacement for Ramsey, rather than someone to play alongside him.
    I would think you're right on the last bit, Ramsey will be the main player when fit, but should only play one game a week anyway so Turnbaull will be fighting it out with Colwill for the cover role.

Would Bulut play three Central defenders and switch things completely now he has Phillps, who knows at least he has a few more options.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I would think you're right on the last bit, Ramsey will be the main player when fit, but should only play one game a week anyway so Turnbaull will be fighting it out with Colwill for the cover role.

Would Bulut play three Central defenders and switch things completely now he has Phillps, who knows at least he has a few more options.
    Pretty sure Turnbull wouldn't come here to be used as "cover".

Pretty sure if he signs he’ll be the first on the team sheet.

Press saying that Turnball & Horvath will sign today.

International

A big change in the team then, good we need a complete refresh.

Any attack minded central midfield player that doesn't run like they have a diving suit on would be the thing of dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We dont even play with a front two, you havent got a clue.

For someone who bangs on about people supporting their local club, why dont you try and support our local homegrown players.
    Strikers Club

Merthyr

Double Diamond 50 p a pint

Are you a regular visitor to your doctor filled with worry that you are ill with something ?

Siopis sitting behind 2 of Ramsey, Colwill and Turnbull would be nice

I think we are lucky to get Ramsey back in any capacity and I don’t see him playing that much. I see it is as mainly colwill or turnbull, Ramsey as cover

It’s a game of two halves.
    Ramsey will seldom play more than 60 minutes, maybe only 45