+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kieffer Moore signs for Ipswich - CONFIRMED

Re: Kieffer to Ipswich

The journo is saying Ipswich have agreed a deal with Bournemouth. It doesn't necessarily mean Kieffer will want to go there.

They agreed a deal with Millwall in the summer as well and Kieffer turned it down.

Still think he could do a good job in this league for another 2 or 3 years, so hopefully we can get him in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    The journo is saying Ipswich have agreed a deal with Bournemouth. It doesn't necessarily mean Kieffer will want to go there.

They agreed a deal with Millwall in the summer as well and Kieffer turned it down.

Still think he could do a good job in this league for another 2 or 3 years, so hopefully we can get him in the summer.
    Cancel that - Glen Williams saying he's going there.

I hope he has a shit season and rots on the bench

I know you’re joking but I hope he does well for them there, it will be good if they stop one of the relegated premier league sides from going up and it will be good for Wales if he’s playing well for them come the March play offs. Quite envious of them having Moore and Broadhead up front, would be good to have seen those two playing for us with their Welsh connections

International

Aye sod him now, he's the enemy again. He can sulk down there instead.

Re: Could the Kiefer Moore deal be on?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I know.
    Looks like another deal ( this time for Ebou Adam’s) was in the pipeline months ago , that’s how many transaction's work. The complexity of most transfers, the fact that they have to have medical’s , find accommodation etc etc takes time.

"I’ve known (of the interest) for a good couple of months. I was aware of it strongly before I travelled to the Africa Cup of Nations and after I’ve come back, I thought it was a good opportunity to play for a club in the position that they are now”

If you think most are last minute then you’re not thinking clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Looks like another deal ( this time for Ebou Adam’s) was in the pipeline months ago , that’s how many transaction's work. The complexity of most transfers, the fact that they have to have medical’s , find accommodation etc etc takes time.

"I’ve known (of the interest) for a good couple of months. I was aware of it strongly before I travelled to the Africa Cup of Nations and after I’ve come back, I thought it was a good opportunity to play for a club in the position that they are now”

If you think most are last minute then you’re not thinking clearly.
    Some transfers are explored long in advance.

Some.

That may even include agreements in principle around fees and personal terms - with the exporting club, the player and/or the player's agent. No tapping up of course - that would be wrong!

But deals are not done. They can be gazumped. One or other party can change their minds. The agreement in principle may be reliant on a lot of other dominoes falling. Form, fitness and a host of other factors can change the original assumptions and calculations. None of the deals can be signed off until the window opens.

Your original claim way back was that most deals are done in advance, put in a drawer and revealed at a time when they meet the PR needs of the club or the demands of Sky Sports News for deadline day headlines. This based on your understanding of one transfer to Burton Albion a few years back.

That is nonsense and why you are getting regular piss takes.

FWIW I think the majority of transfers this window have been 'last minute' - and are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc choices of the receiving clubs who have seen deals for their preferred options fail. I'm sure Diedhiou was on the club's long list at the start of January - but he clearly wasn't at the top (or second place). Hopefully he turns out to be the best option.

Moore has gone to Ipswich in loan until the end of the season according to Talk Sport. Clearly the stories about the deal being done months ago and Moore's alleged house in Cardiff were incorrect.

Some transfers are explored long in advance.

Some.

That may even include agreements in principle around fees and personal terms - with the exporting club, the player and/or the player's agent. No tapping up of course - that would be wrong!

But deals are not done. They can be gazumped. One or other party can change their minds. The agreement in principle may be reliant on a lot of other dominoes falling. Form, fitness and a host of other factors can change the original assumptions and calculations. None of the deals can be signed off until the window opens.

Your original claim way back was that most deals are done in advance, put in a drawer and revealed at a time when they meet the PR needs of the club or the demands of Sky Sports News for deadline day headlines. This based on your understanding of one transfer to Burton Albion a few years back.

That is nonsense and why you are getting regular piss takes.

FWIW I think the majority of transfers this window have been 'last minute' - and are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc choices of the receiving clubs who have seen deals for their preferred options fail. I'm sure Diedhiou was on the club's long list at the start of January - but he clearly wasn't at the top (or second place). Hopefully he turns out to be the best option.

I’m sure January isn’t the best example, but the summer deals are quite often completed weeks before the official announcement, which is what I said in the very first post about the subject. The club has the right to withhold any information about their players and often delay the unveiling for PR purpose.

Not sure why you think that’s worthy of a piss take and how it’s nonsense when I’ve given you an example of a real transfer that happened.

Ebou Adam’s deal seems to have been done a while back essentially. He was in the AFCOM until last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Moore has gone to Ipswich in loan until the end of the season according to Talk Sport. Clearly the stories about the deal being done months ago and Moore's alleged house in Cardiff were incorrect.
    And complete bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It was the speed limit wot clinched it!
    🙌

Notice Ipswich have also signed the Wimbledon striker we were rumoured with as well.

Just went on the Ipswich forum to have a look at what they think about Moore going there (generally pleased by the way) and there is a thread on there from one poster trying to get support for the Welsh national anthem being sung in English as their entrance anthem - can't see anything in the thread as to why this would be relevant -- is there some historical link between Suffolk and Wales for this to make sense - genuinely asking as I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It was the speed limit wot clinched it!
    Yep, their tractors are allowed to go over 20mph.

Wales Online Transfer Day blog:

18:18 pm: Glen Williams

Latest Kieffer Moore update

What, another twist?!

We are told late talks have been held between Cardiff and Bournemouth today, after reports this afternoon appeared to confirm he was Ipswich-bound.

We understand the financial package put together by Ipswich is more appealing to Bournemouth, but Cardiff have pushed the boat out to meet a figure that the Cherries have put in front of them.

Ipswich have not yet confirmed any deal for Moore, which adds to the speculation. Bournemouth play West Ham this evening, with team news to be announced at 6.30pm.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...e-day-28546735

Moore not in the Bournemouth squad tonight - although he travelled.

Moore not in the squad tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Moore not in the squad tonight
    He's off to Ipswich..... or Cardiff..... or Ipswich!

He’s behind you ……

Shame, think he would have made a huge impact for us. For me that’s it now, we shouldn’t look again in the summer.

House for rent in Cyncoed

Re: Kieffer Moore signs for Ipswich - CONFIRMED

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/feb...kieffer-moore/

Moore looks very happy to be in East Anglia.

Not at all like he was frog marched off the train to Cardiff.

Move on. We have our new No 9 - let's back him.

Ipswich Town's website confirm the loan signing of Moore to Ipswich.
    https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2024/feb...kieffer-moore/

It might sound like sour grapes but but I was never convinced that he wanted to come back here to play for Cardiff again - but could be wrong.

Re: Kieffer Moore signs for Ipswich - CONFIRMED

Time to support him for wales and forget about him coming back to Cardiff.

In famara we trust!