+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking at Celtic's forum (Re: David Turnbull)

Looking at Celtic's forum (Re: David Turnbull)

To be honest, it doesn't make for good reading. It's not just one or two who have negative comments to say about him, it would seem the majority.

These are all separate comments taken from the Kerrydale Street forum.

He is a superstar at walking football.

That's lower league levels of pace.

Cardiff fan on a non-football forum I go on confirmed that they play terrible, slow, ponderous football, so Turnbull will be right at home.

The most uninspiring Celtic player in the last decade. Slow, lazy, one footed. He’s incredibly dull. Technically he’s decent, but his overall game is awful.

Should be sitting in the stands until his contract runs out, garbage*

How can someone so slow be playing professional football.

He’s too slow for lawn bowls never mind professional football.

The carrot is stealing a living as a footballer. His attitude will take him to the lower reaches of the pyramid and will be playing non league as his ability and application deserve.

It's one thing being painfully slow but when you're also a lazy bastard with absolutely no heart and no fight in you... well, it's not good.*

Cause for concern or will it be a case of a player just needing a change of scenery to bring out the best in him?

Re: Looking at Celtic's forum (Re: David Turnbull)

sounds like he'd fit right into bulut's philosophy to me

He may not have the pace I'd like to see us have through the middle but he looks to have some great technique which will be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    To be honest, it doesn't make for good reading. It's not just one or two who have negative comments to say about him, it would seem the majority.

These are all separate comments taken from the Kerrydale Street forum.

He is a superstar at walking football.

That's lower league levels of pace.

Cardiff fan on a non-football forum I go on confirmed that they play terrible, slow, ponderous football, so Turnbull will be right at home.

The most uninspiring Celtic player in the last decade. Slow, lazy, one footed. He’s incredibly dull. Technically he’s decent, but his overall game is awful.

Should be sitting in the stands until his contract runs out, garbage*

How can someone so slow be playing professional football.

He’s too slow for lawn bowls never mind professional football.

The carrot is stealing a living as a footballer. His attitude will take him to the lower reaches of the pyramid and will be playing non league as his ability and application deserve.

It's one thing being painfully slow but when you're also a lazy bastard with absolutely no heart and no fight in you... well, it's not good.*

Cause for concern or will it be a case of a player just needing a change of scenery to bring out the best in him?

Scottish football is running around chasing the ball like a load of 7 year olds.
    If you don’t follow suit, the natives won’t like you .

So technically great, but no pace. Sounds like Colwill.

The Celtic fans comments are worrying - but then the West Brom fans were all saying that Karlan Grant was lazy before he joined us. He isn't lazy. There may be other valid criticisms - but not that.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So technically great, but no pace. Sounds like Colwill.
    And Whitts......

A Celtic fan I spoke to at work mirrored the comments about his lack of pace. But he was a bit more positive overall, saying he is pretty creative, decent technically and grabs a few goals.

Ponderous, lethargic and lazy. Slow, dull and negative. Bulut’s ideal footballer, bring him in.

If you look at his palmares on Wikipedia his career is full of accolades from the SFA and football writers association. Let’s give him the benefit of the doubt. Celtic fans seem a blinkered crowd after all they follow a one team league.

He's won a Scottish young player of the year award, was a Scottish Premier league player of the month and has scored bags of goals for a midfielder, including a hat-trick against St Mirren, so he must have something.

I remember there were a few derogatory comments by Villa fans about Whitts when he joined us so let's not get too downhearted about this signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    He's won a Scottish young player of the year award, was a Scottish Premier league player of the month and has scored bags of goals for a midfielder, including a hat-trick against St Mirren, so he must have something.

I remember there were a few derogatory comments by Villa fans about Whitts when he joined us so let's not get too downhearted about this signing.
    Reading the comments it seems his attitude and application is in question rather than his ability. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else and away from Scotland will be good for him.

As you say, he should be judged on what he does here and not what people on his former clubs messageboard say.

Always interesting to read but I’ll wait and judge myself if he signs. I’ve seen our fans rubbish players leaving for no reason.

Grant is supposed to be lazy according to WBA.

Sometimes a player just needs a change. Will see how they do for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Always interesting to read but I’ll wait and judge myself if he signs. I’ve seen our fans rubbish players leaving for no reason.

Grant is supposed to be lazy according to WBA.

Sometimes a player just needs a change. Will see how they do for us.
    Fair enough but his lack of speed seems to be a theme.....

We have a long history of signing Scottish players and by and large they've done very well for us. Just a few of our super Scots.....Don Murray, Ian Gibson, Kevin McNaughton, Ross McCormack, Don Cowie, Greg Farrell, Chris Burke, David Marshall etc etc

We have a long history of signing Scottish players and by and large they've done very well for us. Just a few of our super Scots.....Don Murray, Ian Gibson, Kevin McNaughton, Ross McCormack, Don Cowie, Greg Farrell, Chris Burke, David Marshall etc etc
    Hughie Ferguson!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Scottish football is running around chasing the ball like a load of 7 year olds.
    If you don’t follow suit, the natives won’t like you .
    Come come Tony , we are watching Cardiff...Scottish football is Barcelona esq compared to the stuff we are getting served up.

I actually watch a fair bit of Scottish football.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Reading the comments it seems his attitude and application is in question rather than his ability. Maybe a fresh start somewhere else and away from Scotland will be good for him.

As you say, he should be judged on what he does here and not what people on his former clubs messageboard say.
    If he can be lazy in front of the Celtic faithful, being lazy in Cardiff will be a piece of piss for him.

Paul Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Paul Quinn
    Gavin Rae

Craig Conway, Neil Alexander, Steve Thompson and the one and only Callum Paterson.

Isn't the transfer window shut? We can't sign anyone now, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Isn't the transfer window shut? We can't sign anyone now, can we?
    Er.... no. It closes in the UK at 11.00 pm tonight (January window closes February).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Gavin Rae
    Craig Bryson

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Er.... no. It closes in the UK at 11.00 pm tonight (January window closes February).
    Cheers.