+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Looking at Celtic's forum (Re: David Turnbull)

Re: Looking at Celtic's forum (Re: David Turnbull)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    I think you’re confusing a wider knowledge with more knowledge
    So the average fan has more knowledge but in a more limited way. Ok......

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Have you ever had the chance to drill down into it with one of them? I doubt it.

Question for you - Kieffer Moore. How do you think he would have fit into our team? I know what Nathan Blake thinks and he's gone into it in some detail.
    My cousin is a scout which is why I know what he is paid and the job he does and how difficult it is, but ultimately is a job that anyone (me or you could have done). I also know that he would be the first to admit I would have more of an understanding of Cardiff players than he does, when he has watched us probably 5 or 6 times in the last 12 months.

I don’t think Kieffer would’ve fitted into our system unless we were switching to a back 5. Grant is right footed and plays on the left, Bowler offers little width and Tanner cuts inside as left footed playing on the right. Width is a non entity so until that is sorted it won’t matter who we have up front and I wasn’t too disappointed to miss out on him

So the average fan has more knowledge but in a more limited way. Ok......
    I don’t think it’s crazy to say a fan who has watched Wintle 50 times in the last 12 months will have more of a read on him than a scout who has watched him 5 times.

Anyway, early start for Watford tomorrow so bed time for me !

51st time watching wintle !

Quote Originally Posted by TheBirchgrovePub View Post
    My cousin is a scout which is why I know what he is paid and the job he does and how difficult it is, but ultimately is a job that anyone (me or you could have done). I also know that he would be the first to admit I would have more of an understanding of Cardiff players than he does, when he has watched us probably 5 or 6 times in the last 12 months.

I don’t think Kieffer would’ve fitted into our system unless we were switching to a back 5. Grant is right footed and plays on the left, Bowler offers little width and Tanner cuts inside as left footed playing on the right. Width is a non entity so until that is sorted it won’t matter who we have up front and I wasn’t too disappointed to miss out on him
    We agree. I wasn't bothered if we signed him at all. Have a good trip tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Did that really happen? Arter was an awful player, shocking. Camarasa was shit as well.
    I agree about Camarasa, some of our fans cling to him because they think it makes them cultured.

Ok, there's 3 options, not 2.

You're a scout. Cardiff City are looking for a striker and a centre midfielder. Recommend me two cheap options that are better than we have and explain how both of those would fit in with what we have and would enhance and improve that.
    You're seriously expecting him to do this on a message board?

C'mon now, that's just plain silly!

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I agree about Camarasa, some of our fans cling to him because they think it makes them cultured.
    Harry Arter, always makes me smile, £40k a week for years despite not be able to play football to any high standard, a bit like the headless chicken Conor Roberts, I point them out to my kids and say look you can become a millionaire despite being useless at that level….

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Harry Arter, always makes me smile, £40k a week for years despite not be able to play football to any high standard, a bit like the headless chicken Conor Roberts, I point them out to my kids and say look you can become a millionaire despite being useless at that level….
    He makes siopis look like pirlo. How he played for Bournemouth in the premier league is beyond me. He must have just been told to chase, chase, chase. And any player who gave him the ball fined two weeks wages. He gave foul after foul away because he had zero anticipation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He makes siopis look like pirlo. How he played for Bournemouth in the premier league is beyond me. He must have just been told to chase, chase, chase. And any player who gave him the ball fined two weeks wages. He gave foul after foul away because he had zero anticipation.
    The way he used to chase after the ball, was akin to watching a dog chase its own tail!

So who was right?