+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the Uk coming to???

What is the Uk coming to???

Ye gods....among many many such stories......https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-training.html

Words fail me.....I really despair at what is happening...

.....ordered to undergo diversity training! exasperated sigh. Eyes rolled. Slow hand clap......

They can surely choose who to accommodate at their premises as they wish. They SHOULD be able to turn away transgenders/gays/lesbians/tinkers whoever...it's THEIR business.

Re: What is the Uk coming to???

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Ye gods....among many many such stories......https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-training.html

.....ordered to undergo diversity training! exasperated sigh. Eyes rolled. Slow hand clap......

They can surely choose who to accommodate at their premises as they wish. They SHOULD be able to turn away transgenders/gays/lesbians/tinkers whoever...it's THEIR business.
    Phuck all to do with you, you garlic munching, gitane smoking, froggie surrender monkey.

You worry about your farmers currently playing phuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Phuck all to do with you, you garlic munching, gitane smoking, froggie surrender monkey.

You worry about your farmers currently playing phuck.
    Oh what a reasoned appropriate response. Just shows the mentality of some people.

PS I Don;t smoke and don't eat garlic, am not a monkey....

Interested to see what hypocrisy is incoming from those who acted like it was the end of times when Farage lost his bank account.

On the face of it these things always seem a bit bonkers until you are the one affected. If a gay pub kicked me out for being straight, I would probably be a bit annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Interested to see what hypocrisy is incoming from those who acted like it was the end of times when Farage lost his bank account.

Who was that? not me...

On the face of it these things always seem a bit bonkers until you are the one affected. If a gay pub kicked me out for being straight, I would probably be a bit annoyed.
    You could be annoyed but owner''s choice....

But the majority of people who believe that make exceptions when it affects them or somebody they think it shouldn't.

Like a lot of these things, I find myself fence sitting. Businesses should be able to not choose to serve somebody for a valid reason, should they be entitled by law to just be bigots though?

Is your objection to the whole Equalities Act 2010 - or just anti-discrimination in relation to some of the protected characteristics?

From the story in the Mail it seems clear that the pub are not defending the actions of their former employee.

But I don't know, a fuss over the Belfast Gay Cake ban, and now people standing against an Irish Travellers christening party ban. You are surely right to ask 'What is the UK coming to???'

Yet this kind of behaviour was actually encouraged during Covid , how many health care professionals lost there jobs for refusing to take the MHRA injection when it was known it didn’t affect transmission.

Double standards

I was refused entry on numerous occasions because I didn’t wear a mask even though I was exempt

What would you do Mo if a little french Bistro told you that you couldn't take your missus and kids in because They are Thai, or of Thai ethnicity? But it's alright for you to enter? I work the Gypsy camps and they're fine, no problem whatsoever, they're really respectful. I get more shit in Fairwater and Pentrebane (Lots of angry people there) Racism towards the Gypsy community is still in full flow it seems, it's still accepted, not even whispered. You're married to a Thai lady, your kids are mixed race and you're an immigrant. Strange stance to take Mo.

Don’t get me started on those lazy phuckers in wheelchairs who complain there’s no access to the hard-working geezers hotel. They just make everyone feel awkward anyway.

In for the insult assault

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What would you do Mo if a little french Bistro told you that you couldn't take your missus and kids in because They are Thai, or of Thai ethnicity? But it's alright for you to enter? I work the Gypsy camps and they're fine, no problem whatsoever, they're really respectful. I get more shit in Fairwater and Pentrebane (Lots of angry people there) Racism towards the Gypsy community is still in full flow it seems, it's still accepted, not even whispered. You're married to a Thai lady, your kids are mixed race and you're an immigrant. Strange stance to take Mo.
    You always seem to have these "woke" work anecdotes that go against statistics or common sense. I recall you saying that some of London's worst areas for crime statisticlly, were lovely places. Lol
    Perhaps you're very lucky but my experience of travellers(lived by a family) is that they're very rough, prone to violence, fly tipping and general anti social behaviour. I'm not saying they should be forced to forego their lifestyle and conform but they should obey the law and people shouldn't be forced to serve them either.

You get more abuse when you come to my house

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You always seem to have these "woke" work anecdotes that go against statistics or common sense. I recall you saying that some of London's worst areas for crime statisticlly, were lovely places. Lol
    Perhaps you're very lucky but my experience of travellers(lived by a family) is that they're very rough, prone to violence, fly tipping and general anti social behaviour. I'm not saying they should be forced to forego their lifestyle and conform but they should obey the law and people shouldn't be forced to serve them either.
    Some Travellers do bad things, some people in the 'Worst' areas of London do some bad things, most don't, most of them are decent enough people going about their business. If people cared to find out for themselves, went outside and mixed, they may see that the majority of people, whatever their background, are alright. That's my anecdotal evidence on the subject.

I think that i'm lucky in respect that i do my best to see the good in people, and i think that helps. If that's Woke, then i'm a fully paid up member. Truth is, i don't give a shit about what the media or people say about an area or group of people, i'll find out for myself. In the case of dealing with Gypsies, then i can only give my own experiences, and that's what i have done, Although i'm not dull enough to know that some of them do bad things, just like any community.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    You get more abuse when you come to my house
    I'm bracing myself Honest mate, i do Rover Way and Shirenewton, the blokes are sound to me. They always want something, like a bit of paint, silicone etc, but that's it. The Jack Russell Terriers are the biggest problem as they live outside (gypsies wont have animals in their home) and they get a bit lively. Apart from that, it's no bother

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    How on earth did you lot cope before the expression “woke” came along?

I'm bracing myself Honest mate, i do Rover Way and Shirenewton, the blokes are sound to me. They always want something, like a bit of paint, silicone etc, but that's it. The Jack Russell Terriers are the biggest problem as they live outside (gypsies wont have animals in their home) and they get a bit lively. Apart from that, it's no bother
    I did a cash in hand Job for a Gypsy when an apprentice, the cash never came my and the tradesmen ripped me a new one for an obvious sting "I'll come back and pay you after lunch"

Oh what a reasoned appropriate response. Just shows the mentality of some people.

PS I Don;t smoke and don't eat garlic, am not a monkey....
    Dearie me Mauriiice love.

I was emphasising how people can stereotype others, which was obviously missed.

I should've kept it simpler by asking if you bought your Thai wife on the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I did a cash in hand Job for a Gypsy when an apprentice, the cash never came my and the tradesmen ripped me a new one for an obvious sting "I'll come back and pay you after lunch"
    That's on you-Live and learn

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You mean before the long march?.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think people just called it bullshit back in the day.

Difficult one this isn't it. We all know that if they didn't book it because they are travellers that is absolutely wrong and plainly discrimination. If it was because they didn't want the booking because they rarely do parties, or stopped doing parties or they had reason to believe the specific individual would cause trouble then it's different, but one assumes from the decision that that wasn't the case.

Perfectly acceptable to discriminate against so-called travellers if you ask me. Bunch of trouble-making pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Perfectly acceptable to discriminate against so-called travellers if you ask me. Bunch of trouble-making pricks.
    Yes - bring back the good old days of 'No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs'. 'Owners Choice' as it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post

A gay friend of mine was kicked out of a gay bar as they didnt believe he was gay, he was there with 2 lesbian friends - and the owner / manager took offence to him.