+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the Uk coming to???

Re: What is the Uk coming to???

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's important to keep things in context, as bad things have always happened. When I was growing up the Jame Bulger story was huge.

I do sense we are at a social, technological and political crossroads though. And this is all of the west, not just the UK and its happened irrespective of govt.

Things cant carry on as they are. Our society is not mixing enough. We aren't getting enough interaction. Its possible for millions to live their lives online only and that's a breeding ground for misery and extremism.

Things like housing and immigration are totally unsustainable and we have to ask what we want and what we are doing

I think there needs to be a real flip change in how we all interact and live our lives..

Even CCMB. Let's be honest, it's interesting to debate things but loads of us come off this website angrier or more anxious than when we went on it.

Something needs to change
    The Jamie bulger case immediately sprung to my mind when listening to this current case on the way home yesterday hence the line about previous heinous crimes, but no will will convince me that this country isn't becoming more crime infested week by week, I have no interest in excuses for it. That's gone past the sell by date.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The opening post is a bit of a non-entity IMO, however, "What is the UK coming to" is I reckon valid,
    Just today

2 x 15 year olds convicted with a premeditated murder of another teenager,

and yesterday a bloke with a record and known to the authorities, travel almost the length of the country to commit a chemical attack on a mother and 2 children,

The fatal stabbing of two teenagers over Bristol way last week with a 14- & 17-year-old currently being held in connection,

The continual stab fest in London,

Heinous crimes aren't new of course, but please don't try and tell me it isn't getting desperate, with unabated crime increasing rapidly.

IMO, the country has indeed degenerated into a right shithole. And has gone past the point of no return whichever colour badge is controlling No.10, It's the ruling class v the scum, and we the scum just argue amongst ourselves to validate the level of scum we are at, whilst the ruling classes laugh their bollox off skimming more off the top.
    Well the Tories keep stating crime is going down.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well the Tories keep stating crime is going down.

The Tories can state what the F they like, they own it for however long they have been in Gov. but for balance, if anyone thinks that any colour rosette can sort this now, it's a delusional thought process. The nuclear family life has been(IMO) intentionally destroyed, crime pays, 8am to 16.30pm idiots continue to scrap over the left overs.

The Tories can state what the F they like, they own it for however long they have been in Gov. but for balance, if anyone thinks that any colour rosette can sort this now, it's a delusional thought process. The nuclear family life has been(IMO) intentionally destroyed, crime pays, 8am to 16.30pm idiots continue to scrap over the left overs.
    I'll suggest some crimes pay more than others?

Michelle Mone seems to have fine alright do far and I wonder who else did out of the Covid swindle, tax evasion and corporate fraud?

Presume you apply the same logic to the Senedd ? - the party in power being responsible for Education, Health and Welfare

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Presume you apply the same logic to the Senedd ? - the party in power being responsible for Education, Health and Welfare
    I do, i hate the feckin lot of them with equal pashun, a politically homeless non voter.
    Incidentally, I have been a regular visitor (4/5 times per week, except last week) over to the Heath since December 27th-2023
    the hospital is minging, but the nurses especially one of them angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Michelle Mone seems to have fine alright do far and I wonder who else did out of the Covid swindle, tax evasion and corporate fraud?
    They all have a finger in the pie

I love this post Jordi. It’s like reading an early prototype of Google translate. 😛

The Revolution Will Be Televised

And the problem is that today so is everything else

Twitter , you tube , social media

I would be very surprised if society is more dangerous than it was 100 years ago but you can't escape bad news these days

It used to be the BBC and the papers on a Monday but now you can find out the latest crime stats on your area in seconds on Google

People would be better off doing a yoga class or going for a walk

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I love this post Jordi. It’s like reading an early prototype of Google translate. 😛
    I know. *laughing* it reads like Life On Mars has done it.

Phuck off kuuntchops.

Google translate that.

It was either fat thumbs or auto type thingy.

I know. *laughing* it reads like Life On Mars has done it.

Phuck off kuuntchops.

Google translate that.

It was either fat thumbs or auto type thingy.
    Haha! My best stuff is when voice to text meets autocorrect. 🧨

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The Revolution Will Be Televised

And the problem is that today so is everything else

Twitter , you tube , social media

I would be very surprised if society is more dangerous than it was 100 years ago but you can't escape bad news these days

It used to be the BBC and the papers on a Monday but now you can find out the latest crime stats on your area in seconds on Google

People would be better off doing a yoga class or going for a walk
    Well I would agree that the mindset of the individual is the solution, yoga has connections with the mind & spirit, is it in this area that you think a solution can be found?