+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the Uk coming to???

Re: What is the Uk coming to???

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Yes - bring back the good old days of 'No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs'. 'Owners Choice' as it should be!
    Wasnt there a case in Ireland when a wedding cake business refused to do one for a gay couple ? - it went to court and if I remember - the business won.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Wasnt there a case in Ireland when a wedding cake business refused to do one for a gay couple ? - it went to court and if I remember - the business won.
    Yes - I referred to it at #7

The business 'won' on in the Supreme Court (after losing in lower courts) because they decided it was about the icing sugar message not the sexuality of the customers. It has caused a lot of confusion about the law and how it should be interpreted. The arguments are still going on. In some ways it is a very untypical case because it finally centred on the decoration of a cake - not the person ordering it.

The European Court dismissed an appeal on jurisdictional grounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_v_...Ltd_and_others

Yes - bring back the good old days of 'No Blacks, No Irish, No Dogs'. 'Owners Choice' as it should be!
    I wasn't referring to the Irish in general, just "travellers." They behave badly time after time and answer to nobody.

I out there tommorow with my crazy rolling eyes, two fingers In the air to everyone I cross feck diversity

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    I wasn't referring to the Irish in general, just "travellers." They behave badly time after time and answer to nobody.
    Crooks, to the core but my God they did a cracking job on my drive for under a grand, God bless to yer Micheal and the team

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    You could be annoyed but owner''s choice....
    F**k the money grabbing owner. He/she should learn to toe the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Some Travellers do bad things, some people in the 'Worst' areas of London do some bad things, most don't, most of them are decent enough people going about their business. If people cared to find out for themselves, went outside and mixed, they may see that the majority of people, whatever their background, are alright. That's my anecdotal evidence on the subject.

I think that i'm lucky in respect that i do my best to see the good in people, and i think that helps. If that's Woke, then i'm a fully paid up member. Truth is, i don't give a shit about what the media or people say about an area or group of people, i'll find out for myself. In the case of dealing with Gypsies, then i can only give my own experiences, and that's what i have done, Although i'm not dull enough to know that some of them do bad things, just like any community.
    When you deal with travellers, are they getting the work for free via the council?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You mean before the long march?.
    This answer was brought to you by the guy who older readers may recall used to call David Carradine “grasshopper” in the 70s TV show Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think people just called it bullshit back in the day.
    I suppose it’s quite handy in a way because I know that when someone uses it in it’s Daily Mail context, they are someone who I fundamentally disagree with when it comes to a basic approach to life, let alone politics.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I suppose it’s quite handy in a way because I know that when someone uses it in it’s Daily Mail context, they are someone who I fundamentally disagree with when it comes to a basic approach to life, let alone politics.

....can you imagine the reaction on here if a B&B in England had a sign outside saying 'No Welsh!'

This answer was brought to you by the guy who older readers may recall used to call David Carradine “grasshopper” in the 70s TV show Kung Fu.
    Wot!

Your confession that you learnt how to dot your i's and cross your t's at school, but weren't much good at anything else was quite illuminating. So, if I understand it correctly, you know how to baffle people with words, but you are totally lacking in critical thinking skills? That sounds just about right to me mate!

It's an overused phrase that people are tired of.

Am totally supportive of going back to just calling most of it bullshit!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Wot!

Your confession that you learnt how to dot your i's and cross your t's at school, but weren't much good at anything else was quite illuminating. So, if I understand it correctly, you know how to baffle people with words, but you are totally lacking in critical thinking skills? That sounds just about right to me mate!
    Talking of illuminating, the first sentence of your second paragraph qualifies for that description as I didn't say anything of the sort - if that's an example of your much lauded, by yourself, critical thinking, I'd say you might be entitled to a refund. I was in the top two or three in my class through primary school and always in the top stream through to O levels. I had the intelligence, but, as I got towards my late teens, I found I didn't have the self discipline to make the most of the increased time to yourself you were given in school - I started bunking off more and my work suffered.

That's me being honest. You asked me something and I answered it in plain language not designed to "baffle" or be clever - you should try it now and again.

Talking of illuminating, the first sentence of your second paragraph qualifies for that description as I didn't say anything of the sort - if that's an example of your much lauded, by yourself, critical thinking, I'd say you might be entitled to a refund. I was in the top two or three in my class through primary school and always in the top stream through to O levels. I had the intelligence, but, as I got towards my late teens, I found I didn't have the self discipline to make the most of the increased time to yourself you were given in school - I started bunking off more and my work suffered.

That's me being honest. You asked me something and I answered it in plain language not designed to "baffle" or be clever - you should try it now and again.
    In the running for most pointless post of the year. Not because of the content, you are a self-aware adult who shares openly and honestly, unfortunately you have wasted your time writing all of that to someone who isn't a self-aware adult and is living a dream world where they are far smarter than everyone around them.

Yours is a very similar situation to me. I keep trying to tell my nephew's that it doesn't matter how clever you feel at school, how easy it comes to you, you are going to hit a wall at some point where the subject matter becomes too complicated to just glance at and understand, work is required. Mine was gcse->a level, some people can get far beyond that without trying. The moment I had freedom I wasted any small amount of intelligence I had because I didn't put in the hours.

Anyway, let's get back to hating gypsies for who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It's an overused phrase that people are tired of.

Am totally supportive of going back to just calling most of it bullshit!
    Any word that is so loosely defined it means completely different things to different people is going to be pretty useless. It's like asking someone if it is cold outside, and judging the response without taking into account if they are from Norway or Nigeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Yours is a very similar situation to me. I keep trying to tell my nephew's that it doesn't matter how clever you feel at school, how easy it comes to you, you are going to hit a wall at some point where the subject matter becomes too complicated to just glance at and understand, work is required. Mine was gcse->a level, some people can get far beyond that without trying. The moment I had freedom I wasted any small amount of intelligence I had because I didn't put in the hours.
    That's why rote learning is mostly useless.

In the running for most pointless post of the year. Not because of the content, you are a self-aware adult who shares openly and honestly, unfortunately you have wasted your time writing all of that to someone who isn't a self-aware adult and is living a dream world where they are far smarter than everyone around them.

Anyway, let's get back to hating gypsies for who they are.
    Spoken like a man who's clearly had nothing to do with travellers but loves forcing eQuAlITy on everyone

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Spoken like a man who's clearly had nothing to do with travellers but loves forcing eQuAlITy on everyone
    You need a new keyboard..

Where have I done that?

The opening post is a bit of a non-entity IMO, however, "What is the UK coming to" is I reckon valid,
    Just today

2 x 15 year olds convicted with a premeditated murder of another teenager,

and yesterday a bloke with a record and known to the authorities, travel almost the length of the country to commit a chemical attack on a mother and 2 children,

The fatal stabbing of two teenagers over Bristol way last week with a 14- & 17-year-old currently being held in connection,

The continual stab fest in London,

Heinous crimes aren't new of course, but please don't try and tell me it isn't getting desperate, with unabated crime increasing rapidly.

IMO, the country has indeed degenerated into a right shithole. And has gone past the point of no return whichever colour badge is controlling No.10, It's the ruling class v the scum, and we the scum just argue amongst ourselves to validate the level of scum we are at, whilst the ruling classes laugh their bollox off skimming more off the top.

Where have I done that?
    Behave

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    IMO, the country has indeed degenerated into a right shithole. And has gone past the point of no return whichever colour badge is controlling No.10, It's the ruling class v the scum, and we the scum just argue amongst ourselves to validate the level of scum we are at, whilst the ruling classes laugh their bollox off skimming more off the top.
    Amen brother. 100%

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    The opening post is a bit of a non-entity IMO, however, "What is the UK coming to" is I reckon valid,
    Just today

2 x 15 year olds convicted with a premeditated murder of another teenager,

and yesterday a bloke with a record and known to the authorities, travel almost the length of the country to commit a chemical attack on a mother and 2 children,

The fatal stabbing of two teenagers over Bristol way last week with a 14- & 17-year-old currently being held in connection,

The continual stab fest in London,

Heinous crimes aren't new of course, but please don't try and tell me it isn't getting desperate, with unabated crime increasing rapidly.

It's important to keep things in context, as bad things have always happened. When I was growing up the Jame Bulger story was huge.

I do sense we are at a social, technological and political crossroads though. And this is all of the west, not just the UK and its happened irrespective of govt.

Things cant carry on as they are. Our society is not mixing enough. We aren't getting enough interaction. Its possible for millions to live their lives online only and that's a breeding ground for misery and extremism.

Things like housing and immigration are totally unsustainable and we have to ask what we want and what we are doing

I think there needs to be a real flip change in how we all interact and live our lives..

Even CCMB. Let's be honest, it's interesting to debate things but loads of us come off this website angrier or more anxious than when we went on it.

Something needs to change