+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Buluts press conference

Buluts press conference

Two things stood out for me

One he is saying that he only found out a few days ago that the budget he was working with had changed - assume this is in line with the club talking to the EFL about FFP. Unless out financial situation has changed in the last few days - how did the club not understand what the position was in terms of transfer budget into them??

Buluts seemed to emphasise that he will do his best until the end of the season - obviously the follow up question would have been - do you see yourself beyond that but it doesn't appeared to be asked unless the WOL article is only a snapshot for the presser.

Re: Buluts press conference

It's looking increasingly likely he will be off in the summer.

Let the circus continue.

The FFP submission deadline is 1st March and it will include an estimate to the end of the current season. It may well be that the club were hoping for more movement on their action against Nantes to be allowed to include something from that in the calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    It's looking increasingly likely he will be off in the summer.

Let the circus continue.
    If that's the case and at this stage I'm with you on him leaving I hope the club are lining up a replacement 😂😂

For me I want him to stay but confused by this press conference as reported by WOL

The way I see it is he's been given what on paper looks like a decent set of new players, so let's see if he's able to get the team to put together a good run of results before the end of the season. If he does, I would think Dalman and Tan would be more likely give him financial backing next season and obviously make an offer to extend his contract.

non-stop complainer and excuse maker. Whinges about not getting to play the manager game fully and then bitches when he gets the funds

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    The way I see it is he's been given what on paper looks like a decent set of new players, so let's see if he's able to get the team to put together a good run of results before the end of the season. If he does, I would think Dalman and Tan would be more likely give him financial backing next season and obviously make an offer to extend his contract.
    Maybe the offer of a contract extension is already in and being considered by him?

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    non-stop complainer and excuse maker. Whinges about not getting to play the manager game fully and then bitches when he gets the funds
    I sincerely hope that bulut and his improved squad get us moving and shut you up as you are the biggest moaner on here

We have hardly replaced the players who have left.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Maybe the offer of a contract extension is already in and being considered by him?
    Nothing in the full video of the press conference that I could see to reassure this is happening

Also we talk a lot about Comms between club and fans but he spends time talking about the two months of work put in to pull together the list of players for the window only to be told with about three days to go of the window that the plans have changed?

Still don't quite understand why so late - appreciate it is to do with FPP but surely they knew the position prior to the window or has something changed significantly so late and if so what would that be that was so unforeseen and so significant??

Poor comms between club and manager or factors outside of the clubs control?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Nothing in the full video of the press conference that I could see to reassure this is happening

Also we talk a lot about Comms between club and fans but he spends time talking about the two months of work put in to pull together the list of players for the window only to be told with about three days to go of the window that the plans have changed?

Still don't quite understand why so late - appreciate it is to do with FPP but surely they knew the position prior to the window or has something changed significantly so late and if so what would that be that was so unforeseen and so significant??

Poor comms between club and manager or factors outside of the clubs control?
    When he signed it was reported that there is an extension agreement if certain targets are met. So there is a deal in place if he meets his targets which seems fair enough. If he fails to meet the targets then Tan may well be happy for him to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    When he signed it was reported that there is an extension agreement if certain targets are met. So there is a deal in place if he meets his targets which seems fair enough. If he fails to meet the targets then Tan may well be happy for him to leave.
    You are right I remember now the targets discussion but was that based on a different project plan and targets as he certainly intimates that targets had shifted in this window??

I'm sure all will become clear in the not too distant future and if it isn't clear then the other board can make stuff up 👍

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I sincerely hope that bulut and his improved squad get us moving and shut you up as you are the biggest moaner on here
    Sounds like we want the same thing for very different reasons

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We have hardly replaced the players who have left.
    That would normally be a very valid point and concerning.

However in my opinion, we just offloaded dead wood and have a better chance of picking the players who can actually do the job of whom we continously leave on the bench or bring on for a 10-20minute cameo when the spirit of the game is dead

Sometimes a transfer window were we only sell on bad players can actually improve our team. Especially with a manager as dull and devoid of creativity as our manager

Its time for him to STFU and start walking the walk. Had enough of this guys constant complaining.

Whats he ever done in his managerial career to warrant being such a diva? The guy is a nobody in English football but his behaviour this past few months has been very Mourinho / Conte-esque.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Its time for him to STFU and start walking the walk. Had enough of this guys constant complaining.

Whats he ever done in his managerial career to warrant being such a diva? The guy is a nobody in English football but his behaviour this past few months has been very Mourinho / Conte-esque.
    +100 points

That would normally be a very valid point and concerning.

However in my opinion, we just offloaded dead wood and have a better chance of picking the players who can actually do the job of whom we continously leave on the bench or bring on for a 10-20minute cameo when the spirit of the game is dead

Sometimes a transfer window were we only sell on bad players can actually improve our team. Especially with a manager as dull and devoid of creativity as our manager
    I think all in all it’s been a decent window. I think we have a better team and options now than we did in January.

Let’s see how he does with some better players.

I think all in all it’s been a decent window. I think we have a better team and options now than we did in January.

Let’s see how he does with some better players.
    That's pretty much how I see it. If there is no upturn in performance and results by the end of the season there would be no reason to extend his contract. If he really has the ability and the desire to continue in the role then he needs to make it work, and no excuses.

I think we have a better team and options now than we did in January.
    Part of me feels that wasn't too difficult to achieve.

It’s more or less the same scenario as the first few months of the season, new faces + a few old faces + Ramsey. That seemed to go ok, whether the new faces are better than those they’ve replaced may be irrelevant, it’s the freshening up of the squad and the newcomers (hopefully) showing a desire to succeed. The desire to succeed certainly waned with the ‘old brigade’ as they settled into a miserable comfort zone. Let’s hope we’re in for two or three months similar to those heady early season days when a playoff spot seemed (was) in reach.