+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miners Strike 1984 , Channel 4

Re: Miners Strike 1984 , Channel 4

[QUOTE=Heathblue;5487330]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    U are turning into a silly old twat fair play[/QUOTE

A silly old twat with his innate immunity intact, you appear to be suffering the effects of yy our 6th booster.
    You are becoming more and more of a miserable right wing old fool by the day

You should take the place of quentin letts in the daily mail

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5487350]
    Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Ass

I don't know any Tories, I don't have any in my social circle

Why would I spend any of my time associating with arseholes like you ?

I would rather stick pins in my bollocks
    You do spend time with Tories, as for sticking pins in your bollocks that is probably the only form of gratification you get, and you love it.

[QUOTE=pipster;5487358]
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

You do spend time with Tories, as for sticking pins in your bollocks that is probably the only form of gratification you get, and you love it.
    Who ?

Name em

I don't associate with any Tories

Yet another thread that descends into the level of the infants school playground.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Yet another thread that descends into the level of the infants school playground.
    The Tories started it first.

[QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5487351]
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post

You are becoming more and more of a miserable right wing old fool by the day

You should take the place of quentin letts in the daily mail
    Right wing
    Daily mail
    Farrrrrrrr rigghhhhhht

If i was any of these, it's because of the farrrrrrr left, crime apologists, rape, & child molesting perverts that you seem to gravitate towards, Just **** off, leave it there, I'll not bother you again & please do not bother me again.

[QUOTE=Heathblue;5487414][QUOTE=SLUDGE FACTORY;5487351]

Right wing
    Daily mail
    Farrrrrrrr rigghhhhhht

If i was any of these, it's because of the farrrrrrr left, crime apologists, rape, & child molesting perverts that you seem to gravitate towards, Just **** off, leave it there, I'll not bother you again & please do not bother me

Child molesting perverts? you silly old fart go to bed

In case you wondered, 290 mines closed under Wilson in all his time in office, and about 160 under Thatcher.

In case you wondered, 290 mines closed under Wilson in all his time in office, and about 160 under Thatcher.
    And your point is?

Earlier up the thread you claimed this (Wilson closed more pits than Thatcher) would spoil someone's narrative. It doesn't.

I don't recognise the pit closure figures you quote (they seem to be a bit inflated for both Wilson and Thatcher) but no one disputes Wilson 'closed more pits' (although not as many as McMillan).

The point is Wilson closed pits because the world was moving from coal to oil and gas - for domestic heating as well as shipping and a large part of energy generation. Where coal was still needed (increasingly not the high quality coal of the South Wales field) it was starting to be offered much more cheaply from eastern Europe and China.

In some cases coalfield production was picked up by more efficient adjacent pits in better locations (and the jobs moved there) and in a few cases whole new pits were opened. But generally decisions on pit closures were made on economic or technical grounds and in the context of the international energy market.

Thatchers pit closure programme was not driven by those factors. It wasn't at the time primarily economic (there may have been more of a case for that 10 years later) and it certainly wasn't what the Tory press comically now describe as her green agenda. It was a programme of political destruction aimed at crushing the NUM, their families and their communities - and a TOBW said above, was a decade in the planning.

So your point is......?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    And your point is?
    So your point is......?
    My point is a there is no difference between a pit being closed under Wilson than there was under Thatcher (you seem to think there was). A closed pit is a closed pit, except that Wilson did more of them than Thatcher.

My point is a there is no difference between a pit being closed under Wilson than there was under Thatcher (you seem to think there was). A closed pit is a closed pit, except that Wilson did more of them than Thatcher.
    I can recall the Conservatives effective “Britain isn’t working” poster from the 1979 election, but the “We’ll close less mines than Labour” one escapes me for the moment.

You slip on the ice and bang your head.

Someone mugs you and kicks you unconscious as you lie on the ground.

A bang on the head is a bang on the head. No difference!

Thank you for that.

Your point is bollocks

Thatcher closed pits for political reasons

Which is why she stockpiled loads of coal before the strike started

If we didn't need the coal .....which she said we didn't......why did we have people starving on picket lines because the government had decided that coal wasn't wanted......yet loads shipped in via Hull kept industry going

You are a clown