+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Men Of Harlech! Should the song be....

Re: Men Of Harlech! Should the song be....

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Give over. There are plenty of f8cking things that have been confined to the dustbin of history....thank the gods. You're being a tad precious flower.
    But it's you who is trying to assign it to the dustbin.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    But it's you who is trying to assign it to the dustbin.

For me, nationalism is a tad amusing. Let's take being Welsh: Few of us speak the language, we gather under a banner of a fictitious creature chosen by the Tudors and we pretend that we are not the mongrels that our DNA reveals us to be.
    My take on things is that the average farm labourer, tanner or blacksmith throughout the ages probably cared not one jot for any particular regent at the time (and had sod all in common with him) when he was eking out a living - and any change of regime sweeping through the land would simply mean him paying his tithes elsewhere.
    Lines on maps are drawn up from above and the populace in coutries all around the world is taught about famous battles (both won or herocically lost) and which took place in a specific time-frame and that suited a purpose. It's all a tad illusory and selective for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    For me, nationalism is a tad amusing. Let's take being Welsh: Few of us speak the language, we gather under a banner of a fictitious creature chosen by the Tudors and we pretend that we are not the mongrels that our DNA reveals us to be.
    My take on things is that the average farm labourer, tanner or blacksmith throughout the ages probably cared not one jot for any particular regent at the time (and had sod all in common with him) when he was eking out a living - and any change of regime sweeping through the land would simply mean him paying his tithes elsewhere.
    Lines on maps are drawn up from above and the populace in coutries all around the world is taught about famous battles (both won or herocically lost) and which took place in a specific time-frame and that suited a purpose. It's all a tad illusory and selective for me.
    I wouldn't say it's down to lines on a map, it's more about shared community values, and when you start chipping away at those you end up with us versus them, i.e. classic divide and conquer. There are already enough divisions among the proletariat without creating even more over a silly song.

I'll see your lines on a map and raise you plate tectonics.

****ing Plate Tectonics, rubbing away at each other, coming over here, creating land. Well, piss off, we don't want your shitty land.

"Descendants of Homo erectus from Africa march to battle on some lump of rock possibly from the late Precambrian age" is a catchy title.

Edit: that was meant as a reply to Tuerto!

"Descendants of Homo erectus from Africa march to battle on some lump of rock possibly from the late Precambrian age" is a catchy title.

Edit: that was meant as a reply to Tuerto!
    Der Der Der-Der Der Der.........What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Der Der Der-Der Der Der.........What's not to like?

Sometimes i sing 'Men of Harlem' instead. I find it quite amusing.

I'll see my Plate tectonics and raise the.......Cambrian Mountains!

I'll see my Plate tectonics and raise the.......Cambrian Mountains!
    Der, Der, Der, Der, Der, Der...............

What a nonesense post and to refer to the British as mongrels shows how you've been brainwashed into accepting mass immigration because we're already, in your words "mongrels"
    We're not mongrels and you wouldn't dare refer to any other race as mongrels would you?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's funny, the last time Gluey had a bit of supportive to and fro where Gramsci and the Frankfurt School was mentioned it was with and by that odious and banned creation Lither_1927,

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5322530

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5336022

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, well it is if you are trying to maintain a stable of multiple accounts it seems!
    You're paranoid, Gramsci isn't a niche topic, plenty of people now know about him

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    You're paranoid, Gramsci isn't a niche topic, plenty of people now know about him
    I hope he seeks the help that he desperately needs.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    What a nonesense post and to refer to the British as mongrels shows how you've been brainwashed into accepting mass immigration because we're already, in your words "mongrels"
    We're not mongrels and you wouldn't dare refer to any other race as mongrels would you?
    What ‘race’ do you think we (the British) are?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    What ‘race’ do you think we (the British) are?
    The attempted wind-up is hardly worth responding to.

The attempted wind-up is hardly worth responding to.
    I was trying not to bite. Settled for a nibble. But that was too much Slither encouragement. An error of judgement!