+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Normal service resumed at Cardiff as away results and performances surpass home ones.

Normal service resumed at Cardiff as away results and performances surpass home ones.

Cardiff survive late siege to record another away win.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Normal service resumed at Cardiff as away results and performances surpass home ones.

Watched only from 50 minutes so a little slanted in my observations, but in a lot of ways Watford are the antithesis to City's laboured, and often resolute style. For 3 seasons we've played pretty much what I would call 'survival' football - your sub-title echoes this - where the other team is effectively dictating the game, calling the tune, and we are reacting. Even periods when we are on top are almost inevitably followed by longer periods where our running is not into open spaces screaming for a pass, but tracking midfielders and attackers. We still don't look like being able to bring all our players into a game because their focus is too often protecting what we have or keeping tight rein on the opposing number. This is no bad thing, work rate, sticking to your task, are all things managers want, but we need to start getting to a stage in our game where the running is to give another colleague a passing option, and when receiving a pass the only only option is not to pass it back from whence it came. My early Saturday evening is usually a chance to run through the SKY Championship highlights. Not a real indication of other teams' overall ability, but 2 things stand out in this division - pace and movement, which most sides possess and seem to have players that allow them to use both. Early days, but to go to the 'next level', I think Bulut has to bring this into the side. Watch out Preston !

Re: Normal service resumed at Cardiff as away results and performances surpass home ones.

We scored a screamer in a half that Watford had the better chances.
    Came out 2nd half and went looking for another goal, Rubin was running the show and then Bulut took him off, we then spent the rest of the game defending on the edge of our 18 yard box.
    If Colwill isn't ready for 90 minutes now he will never be.

For me the manager got it spot on .. Kept new signings on bench.

Challenged first eleven to deliver or be benched .

Came out traps early on .

Gave Colwill 63 minutes at full pelt knowing he's still not 90 minutes man.

Dragged yellow card men Colwill / Bowler off , soon after bookings , always a sign of tiredness.

Chucked on holding players and fresh legs as he knew Watford would have a late surge .

Perfect support .

Perfectly day .

P.M.A. gets you over the line .