+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Case against Willie McKay - SETTLED OUT OF COURT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Case against Willie McKay

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I've always been intrigued by impending court cases that are publicised, and I have often thought about attending some over the years but never did.

Simple questions..

How do you find out the exact times of the court hearing, and which courtroom they will take place in?
    Is there some kind of noticeboard, perhaps a large book on public display, or do you have to ask a court attendant to supply you the information?
    Finally, when you're armed with the relevant information, do you have to reserve your place in the public gallery, or is it simply a case of 'first-come, first-served'?
    I spent some time in magistrates and crown courts as a student. Both had noticeboards saying which cases were in which court, and you didn't have to reserve a space. I'd assume civil courts are generally the same, unless the hearing is restricted for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I spent some time in magistrates and crown courts as a student. Both had noticeboards saying which cases were in which court, and you didn't have to reserve a space. I'd assume civil courts are generally the same, unless the hearing is restricted for some reason.

Got to sit through a whole Crown Court trial once for theft, possession of an offensive weapon and affray. There was a further charge of assault on police that was dropped early on (lack of evidence). Fascinating to see them get through it and to see just how dodgy our police officers can be!
    Before anyone asks, I was sat in the public gallery in a group of students NOT in the dock!