+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea City Trust

Swansea City Trust

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forum/d/6950-trust-accounts-/4

This is insane

I've never looked at these accounts before, interesting stuff.

Importantly, looking at the legal costs, if you add them up for the last 7 years, i.e. since the sale to the Americans, the total legal cost is £580K, yet they settled round the back of the sheds for only £500k. That decision to settle actually cost the Trust £80K, no profit, just a fkn loss of £80k. They didn't cover their costs.

And they make a loss on the raffle and decide to have another one this year.

Re: Swansea City Trust

I have no idea what's going on with Swansea city or the Swansea city supporters Trust

But when the jacks were in serious danger of going out of the league and going bust the trust the fans set up down there was highly praised in standing up and being counted

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I have no idea what's going on with Swansea city or the Swansea city supporters Trust

But when the jacks were in serious danger of going out of the league and going bust the trust the fans set up down there was highly praised in standing up and being counted
    No , you don’t have any idea , clearly

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    No , you don’t have any idea , clearly
    Well not Swansea City no

I do know a few jacks who are happy with their work on behalf of their members over the years though

Well not Swansea City no

I do know a few jacks who are happy with their work on behalf of their members over the years though
    True in that regard, I think I gave them a few pennies , as I did with Aldershot ( George Berry was playing for them )

True in that regard, I think I gave them a few pennies , as I did with Aldershot ( George Berry was playing for them )
    Aldershot had the freedom of Cardiff that night

Aldershot had the freedom of Cardiff that night
    I was there for that game. Their supporters were housed in the Grandstand, nearest to the Grange End.
    The City fans showed wonderful empathy towards the Aldershot fans ("We love you Aldershot, we do, we love you Aldershot....).

'There for the grace of God go I'.. and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I was there for that game. Their supporters were housed in the Grandstand, nearest to the Grange End.
    The City fans showed wonderful empathy towards the Aldershot fans ("We love you Aldershot, we do, we love you Aldershot....).

'There for the grace of God go I'.. and all that.
    a sad game, Aldershot were done, the last game, it was over, no-one wanted to fight the aldershot lot, very surreal

its been a long road, but with a little luck this year they could be back in the Football league ( Via the play-offs ) Chesterfield are getting promoted back to the FL this year

My memory of the aldershot game was we didn't want them to go pop because we'd beaten them away and would have that 3 points chalked off.
    I was at the away game Paul Millar scored a screamer on a Friday night.

https://www.scfc2.co.uk/forum/d/6950-trust-accounts-/4

This is insane

I've never looked at these accounts before, interesting stuff.

Importantly, looking at the legal costs, if you add them up for the last 7 years, i.e. since the sale to the Americans, the total legal cost is £580K, yet they settled round the back of the sheds for only £500k. That decision to settle actually cost the Trust £80K, no profit, just a fkn loss of £80k. They didn't cover their costs.

And they make a loss on the raffle and decide to have another one this year.
    It's an absolute shambles. The current board sold out the Trust (numbers now down circa 1k) so they could sit with the board. Unforgivable.

Quote Originally Posted by waynekerr55 View Post
    It's an absolute shambles. The current board sold out the Trust (numbers now down circa 1k) so they could sit with the board. Unforgivable.
    I am surprised and shocked at that , the scfc trust was one of the original fan led movements and well respected

A case of give them a bit of power so they're on our side? Power corrupts.

I am surprised and shocked at that , the scfc trust was one of the original fan led movements and well respected
    Phil Stumbler, Andy Godden, Dai Little et al stepped down and the current incumbents have turned it into a glorified supporters club.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A case of give them a bit of power so they're on our side? Power corrupts.
    It seems that way, yes

Phil Stumbler, Andy Godden, Dai Little et al stepped down and the current incumbents have turned it into a glorified supporters club.
    Phil Sumbler , Port Talbot ?

Phil Sumbler , Port Talbot ?
    I don't think so

I don't think so
    If that's the Phil sumbler also involved in jack army net and planet swans I am almost certain he's from port talbot

If that's the Phil sumbler also involved in jack army net and planet swans I am almost certain he's from port talbot
    Hi Sludge, long time no speak.

Yes mate, the one and the same, and last I heard, he did live in Port Talbot

Quote Originally Posted by SBF1 View Post
    Hi Sludge, long time no speak.

Yes mate, the one and the same, and last I heard, he did live in Port Talbot
    Hi buddy

Hope you are well ?

You still fishing ?

Hi buddy

Hope you are well ?

You still fishing ?
    Yes thanks Sludge, all good here mate. Hope you are too?
    I've been running course matches over Port Talbot dock for the last 7 years. However, it has been closed down by the docks board for some new developments.
    I have been doing some sea fishing, but it's a bit dire at the moment as it's between seasons.
    But yeah, still doing a bit.
    How about you, you still doing a bit?

Yes thanks Sludge, all good here mate. Hope you are too?
    I've been running course matches over Port Talbot dock for the last 7 years. However, it has been closed down by the docks board for some new developments.
    I have been doing some sea fishing, but it's a bit dire at the moment as it's between seasons.
    But yeah, still doing a bit.
    How about you, you still doing a bit?
    Yes , I have a permit to fish port talbot for pike but I hear its closed

Is that permanently ?

The jacks have been fobbed off by players, managers, and owners, for years….they’re not the sharpest.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    The jacks have been fobbed off by players, managers, and owners, for years….they’re not the sharpest.
    I’m not so sure , their attendance numbers are down significantly and the waiting lists and evaporated. A few swans fans I know are acutely aware of what’s going on.

Yes , I have a permit to fish port talbot for pike but I hear its closed

Is that permanently ?
    Yes Sludge, Glamorgan pulled out of there just before they closed it for good
    Some massive pike in there.
    Overrun with jack-pike too.

Yes Sludge, Glamorgan pulled out of there just before they closed it for good
    Some massive pike in there.
    Overrun with jack-pike too.
    Are they filling it in?

What's happening to the fish stocks ?