+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PopCon gig flops as band members split due to creative differences

PopCon gig flops as band members split due to creative differences

Re: PopCon gig flops as band members split due to creative differences

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    For something like eighty per cent of my life, the idea of an event like that being held in an election year would have been too ridiculous for words. The Conservative Party was an election winning machine which had the discipline and common purpose that their main opponent didn't. It's all changed now though, maybe it's the influence of groups like the Institute of Economic Affairs and the Adam Smith Institute, who are so reluctant to reveal details of their funding, that is responsible or a generation of MPs who got so arrogant that they forgot that election victories don't come automatically, even to what was such a formidable force when it came to winning and retaining power.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For something like eighty per cent of my life, the idea of an event like that being held in an election year would have been too ridiculous for words. The Conservative Party was an election winning machine which had the discipline and common purpose that their main opponent didn't. It's all changed now though, maybe it's the influence of groups like the Institute of Economic Affairs and the Adam Smith Institute, who are so reluctant to reveal details of their funding, that is responsible or a generation of MPs who got so arrogant that they forgot that election victories don't come automatically, even to what was such a formidable force when it came to winning and retaining power.
    You are old enough to remember surely - John Major's Govt where he couldnt make a decision, Kinnock think he had already won - then he lost, then Major continued and more in fighting etc, you are old enough to remember the BS from Blair / Brown / Mandelson - the illegal war in Iraq, a massive 6 billion NHS spend on an IT project that did not deliver, cash for passports, Geoff Hoon doing private side gigs when at the MOD etc, and hundreds of other things, then Clegg having to eat humble pie after promising to scrap tuition fees - then realising when he became dep PM - it couldnt be done etc.
    Today is no different - we had 13 years of Labour and weve had 13 years ish of conservative. Compare that to Wales where we have had 26 years of Labour - which scenario would you rather ?

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    You are old enough to remember surely - John Major's Govt where he couldnt make a decision, Kinnock think he had already won - then he lost, then Major continued and more in fighting etc, you are old enough to remember the BS from Blair / Brown / Mandelson - the illegal war in Iraq, a massive 6 billion NHS spend on an IT project that did not deliver, cash for passports, Geoff Hoon doing private side gigs when at the MOD etc, and hundreds of other things, then Clegg having to eat humble pie after promising to scrap tuition fees - then realising when he became dep PM - it couldnt be done etc.
    Today is no different - we had 13 years of Labour and weve had 13 years ish of conservative. Compare that to Wales where we have had 26 years of Labour - which scenario would you rather ?
    What point are you trying to make or are you just being contrary for the sake of it? I’m saying that this Conservative Government is close to being exceptional because it’s been so shambolic and no matter how much I dislike the party, I wouldn’t ever have called the Heath, Thatcher and Cameron Governments shambolic - Major’s was to an extent, but apart from the lunatic Redwood, the rebels Major had to face were nowhere near as senior as the ones May and Sunak have had to.

All your, obligatory, dissing of the Labour Party does is back up what I said about them not having the discipline and unity of purpose that the Tories used to have.

I swear you and a few others on here see my name on a post and just assume that I must be slagging off the Tories - this time, all I was doing was expressing surprise at what they’ve become. Therefore, unless you’re disagreeing with me because you believe the Conservatives have always been the fractured, self indulgent mess they are now, I’m not sure why you bothered replying.

As for what’s worse, fourteen years of the same governing party in Westminster or twenty six years of the same one in Cardiff, I’d say the former every time because it has far more influence on my living conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What point are you trying to make or are you just being contrary for the sake of it? I’m saying that this Conservative Government is close to being exceptional because it’s been so shambolic and no matter how much I dislike the party, I wouldn’t ever have called the Heath, Thatcher and Cameron Governments shambolic - Major’s was to an extent, but apart from the lunatic Redwood, the rebels Major had to face were nowhere near as senior as the ones May and Sunak have had to.

All your, obligatory, dissing of the Labour Party does is back up what I said about them not having the discipline and unity of purpose that the Tories used to have.

I swear you and a few others on here see my name on a post and just assume that I must be slagging off the Tories - this time, all I was doing was expressing surprise at what they’ve become. Therefore, unless you’re disagreeing with me because you believe the Conservatives have always been the fractured, self indulgent mess they are now, I’m not sure why you bothered replying.

As for what’s worse, fourteen years of the same governing party in Westminster or twenty six years of the same one in Cardiff, I’d say the former every time because it has far more influence on my living conditions.
    I didnt mention Heath, Thatcher or Cameron did I ?
    I mentioned Major, as his Govt was shambolic, as was Blair (after Iraq) and Brown was the Labour equivalent of Major. Clegg as Deputy PM was out of his depth.

So you dont like a change of political party every 13 years or so and you would rather have one party in power for 26 years - wow. Ergo - if Drakeford had been PM for the last 26 years - you'd be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    I didnt mention Heath, Thatcher or Cameron did I ?
    I mentioned Major, as his Govt was shambolic, as was Blair (after Iraq) and Brown was the Labour equivalent of Major. Clegg as Deputy PM was out of his depth.

So you dont like a change of political party every 13 years or so and you would rather have one party in power for 26 years - wow. Ergo - if Drakeford had been PM for the last 26 years - you'd be happy.
    Again, I don’t get what you’re saying - in a way I was paying your lot a compliment but you still want to argue that I was wrong.

Your defence of the Sunak Government often boils down to.a critique of Welsh Labour. You appear to think that the UK Government and the Welsh Government have equal influence on Welsh people’s lives. I don’t agree with that and so unless and until the Welsh Parliament gets full independence and legislative power, I’ll always put Westminster above the Sennedd. I don’t believe it is good for any Government to be in power for fourteen years, let alone twenty six and if Labour was coming up to their twenty sixth anniversary of governing a fully independent Wales, i‘’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be voting for them.