+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic sports question

Magic sports question

You save the life of a wizard somehow and he decides to repay you by granting you the following reward:
    He allows you to choose one sport and he will make you perform as the best in the world at that sport for the next 10 times you compete in it - after that you will revert to your current level of ability in it.

What sport would you choose?

Re: Magic sports question

Although I hate it and don’t think it’s a proper sport, golf.

Reason, to win as much money as possible, then go back to being a normal person and if I wanna go walking, I can do it without lugging numerous lumps of metal around

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Although I hate it and don’t think it’s a proper sport, golf.

Reason, to win as much money as possible, then go back to being a normal person and if I wanna go walking, I can do it without lugging numerous lumps of metal around
    But you can't just go straight into the big money tournaments, presumably they have some sort of qualifying process you would have to do first?

Golf, by a mile. I dream of being able to put that golf ball where i want..

If you were by far the quickest bowler in world cricket, I’d say it would be possible to get to the top of that sport within ten games, but I don’t think you’d make too much money doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    But you can't just go straight into the big money tournaments, presumably they have some sort of qualifying process you would have to do first?
    Stop moving the goalposts, it’s my f uck ing Genie

You save the life of a wizard somehow and he decides to repay you by granting you the following reward:
    He allows you to choose one sport and he will make you perform as the best in the world at that sport for the next 10 times you compete in it - after that you will revert to your current level of ability in it.

What sport would you choose?
    Football. A big side would sign you up on a long contract for mega money. Once you've got that in the bag, you can be as shit as you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Football. A big side would sign you up on a long contract for mega money. Once you've got that in the bag, you can be as shit as you want!
    Join Chelsea as a 17 year old asap

Just join LIV

If you chose football, you'd have to make sure you videoed your first game (likely to be a parks game) and then send copies to all the major clubs.
    Your second and third games would hopefully have Premier League scouts watching.
    Your fourth and fifth games would be with a club's development side.
    The sixth game would be coming on as a substitute.
    Your seventh game would be starting for the first team.
    At the start of your eighth game, you will have signed a much-publicised full-contract, with your agent insisting that you will always be the club's highest paid player signing a 'Warnockesque' 5 year deal.
    Ninth and tenth games you have to fend off rumours of interest from Cardiff City.

For your eleventh game you do indeed get signed by Cardiff City and continue to play for them at your previous level of ability...

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    If you chose football, you'd have to make sure you videoed your first game (likely to be a parks game) and then send copies to all the major clubs.
    Your second and third games would hopefully have Premier League scouts watching.
    Your fourth and fifth games would be with a club's development side.
    The sixth game would be coming on as a substitute.
    Your seventh game would be starting for the first team.
    At the start of your eighth game, you will have signed a much-publicised full-contract, with your agent insisting that you will always be the club's highest paid player signing a 'Warnockesque' 5 year deal.
    Ninth and tenth games you have to fend off rumours of interest from Cardiff City.

For your eleventh game you do indeed get signed by Cardiff City and continue to play for them at your previous level of ability...
    😃

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    football would be one of the worst I think, you'd start at a sunday league club presumably, win a couple of games and maybe some scouts come to watch - you'll have used all 10 games up before you've got anywhere near the big money.

My thoughts on this would be marathon running - far from my ideal sport, but you can enter for example the london marathon as an amateur and if you won it, beating the elite you'd get a lot of sponsoship opportunities and then automatically be able to compete at the highest level - if you timed it right you might get an olympics etc

I'd wait until my 60s, take up gymnastics and become a tiktok sensation.

My thoughts on this would be marathon running - far from my ideal sport, but you can enter for example the london marathon as an amateur and if you won it, beating the elite you'd get a lot of sponsoship opportunities and then automatically be able to compete at the highest level - if you timed it right you might get an olympics etc
    Not a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I'd wait until my 60s, take up gymnastics and become a tiktok sensation.

My other thought would be Boxing - wouldn't make any money, but you would absolutely batter the shit out of a couple of guys at blue collar boxing events. Maybe post it to you tube and try to call out one of those youtube twats who think they are boxers

A jockey, knowing I was going to be unbeatable in my first ten races, I’d get hold of as much money as possible and lump on. After the first few races I’d be sufficiently solvent to pay off any initial borrowing and use money I’d won and clean up. Jockey Club would ban me after the 10th race but I wouldn’t give a shite. All my family & mates had also just had ten straight winners.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A jockey, knowing I was going to be unbeatable in my first ten races, I’d get hold of as much money as possible and lump on. After the first few races I’d be sufficiently solvent to pay off any initial borrowing and use money I’d won and clean up. Jockey Club would ban me after the 10th race but I wouldn’t give a shite. All my family & mates had also just had ten straight winners.
    But how would you get a ride on a decent horse?

An individual sport would be best, as you'd stand out quicker. Marathon running is good, especially if you can break a world record.

Road cycling, triathlon, iron man, something where you can compete as an amateur alongside pros.

Cheese rolling.

You would be World No1 for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    But would the best jockey in the world still win on a donkey?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    But how would you get a ride on a decent horse?
    My sentiments exactly!
    You'd need to be seated on a decent horse for that very first race.

Being able to play snooker at the top level would be great. I'd only compete in the world championships and be champion 10 years in a row.
    I then go back to being lucky to pot 3 balls in a row.

If it was about money, it'd have to be golf.

This is a thread about a wizard granting someone a special talent in order to perform and be the best for a short while in any given sport. A wizard ...Yet people are getting practical and saying that said person would have to start at the bottom of the rung, which would mean that the time the wizard has afforded would not be practical in real terms. **** me.......