+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magic sports question

Re: Magic sports question

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Eh ?
    It's come up a few times already. You can't just decide to be an F1 driver, even if you drive like peak Schumacher. You've only got the ability 10 times.

It's got to be golf. Win the UK amateur championship gets you a wildcard into the British open. Win that as an amateur and then turn pro, win 8 majors and live happily ever after.

Thinking about it, F1 might be the worst. Even if you get a drive and it goes well, what happens after your ability goes?

If you decide to drive, you'll never qualify for another race, and may even kill yourself or someone else while trying. And if you refuse to race, their lawyers will bankrupt you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    It's got to be golf. Win the UK amateur championship gets you a wildcard into the British open. Win that as an amateur and then turn pro, win 8 majors and live happily ever after.
    how do you get into the UK amateur championship? can anyone play that?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    It would take 4 days to win each tournament. You wouldn't even have the time to establish yourself to qualify for the Amateur Championship.

Even if you were already good enough to get into UK Amateur, the most you could hope for is to win the British Open and then fall spectacularly from the top of the leaderboard on day 3 of your next tournament

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It would take 4 days to win each tournament. You wouldn't even have the time to establish yourself to qualify for the Amateur Championship.

Even if you were already good enough to get into UK Amateur, the most you could hope for is to win the British Open and then fall spectacularly from the top of the leaderboard on day 3 of your next tournament
    10 wins not 10 days

Amazing how in depth this thread has gone. Analysed to the nth degree, posters contradicted & corrected, detailed explanations of how one would go about it & dodge the rules & pitfalls (me included). It’s a wizard giving magic powers, it’s like ripping a Grimm’s fairy tale to bits claiming it’s too far fetched.

It did happen, Ali Dia, anyone remember him

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https...9IEKrg9sP1m-Q8

Lardy, think you're taking this far too seriously.

In any case, I would retire after my 10th race lol

the rules are starting from where you are today, you can become the best in the world at a chosen sport for the next 10 times you compete in it.
    So unless you already have a seat at an F1 team ( and one of the best ones at that) then it isn't going to do you much good.

Love the analysis in this thread. Couple of things to add into the mix.

Performing as the best in the world doesn't guarantee winning.

If only your ability changes, what happens if you can't even fit into a F1 car. I know I wouldn't be able to so I would be the best F1 driver in the world but wouldn't be able to fit into the car.

You'll never be the best in the world with that attitude.

What if 2 people chose to be the best in the same sport at the same time?
    That wizard hasn't really thought this through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    they both perform at the standard of the best in the world at that sport, whoever is better on the day will win, much like when 2 evenly matched players play in any sport

Ah but only one person saved his life as far as we know so the above scenario shouldn't happen. But Merlin being a wise old wizard wouldn't afford two people the same opportunities simultaneously even if he owed them both a debt of gratitude.

Slightly left field but it sort of relates to your first paragraph:
    The US golfer Zach Johnson when he won the British Open thanked God profusely during his winner's speech. I was thinking, did the other players feel betrayed by God because He decided they were undeserving of the claret jug ? Of course all the competitors with the exception of Johnson may have been heathens but I find this unlikely.

The US golfer Zach Johnson when he won the British Open thanked God profusely during his winner's speech. I was thinking, did the other players feel betrayed by God because He decided they were undeserving of the claret jug ? Of course all the competitors with the exception of Johnson may have been heathens but I find this unlikely.
    Johnson, wisely, kept quiet about the wizard, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Love it!

I also came around to your way of thinking, that if you were the best in the world, you'd win regardless of any perceived handicap.

You'd win the Olympic 100m race wearing leg callipers.. because you'd be simply the best, right?

Likewise, you'd win the Olympic swimming blue ribbon event wearing a copper diving helmet and lead boots!

When you made that post about being a champion jockey, I was going to suggest you pick up the shovel that's been kicking around recently. However, now I see where you were coming from

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Love it!

I also came around to your way of thinking, that if you were the best in the world, you'd win regardless of any perceived handicap.

You'd win the Olympic 100m race wearing leg callipers.. because you'd be simply the best, right?

Likewise, you'd win the Olympic swimming blue ribbon event wearing a copper diving helmet and lead boots!

When you made that post about being a champion jockey, I was going to suggest you pick up the shovel that's been kicking around recently. However, now I see where you were coming from
    The shovel was for following my horse. I’m the best at rhubarb growing as well.

Boxing seems to be the sport where you can be thrust into world level fights based on reputation, like Francis Ngannou.

You arrange an amatuer fight, film it for the internet and because you're the best in the world it will go viral. Within 3 fights you'd be offered a big name like some YouTube influencer. Fights 8, 9 and 10 would end the careers of Joshua, Usyk and Fury.

US players in all sports do that shit all the time. So vain and non self-aware (just like religion). If there was a god, why would it choose one person over another to be successful? You may as well thank god for being a dick to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Boxing seems to be the sport where you can be thrust into world level fights based on reputation, like Francis Ngannou.

You arrange an amatuer fight, film it for the internet and because you're the best in the world it will go viral. Within 3 fights you'd be offered a big name like some YouTube influencer. Fights 8, 9 and 10 would end the careers of Joshua, Usyk and Fury.
    If you're 5'5" and the best boxer in the world, you're still not going to win those fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    10 wins not 10 days
    It's not 10 wins, it's 10 times. In a golf tournament, you play 18 holes 4 times. On different days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's not 10 wins, it's 10 times. In a golf tournament, you play 18 holes 4 times. On different days.
    I've just spoken to the wizard and he confirms that this is the case - sorry