+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Come on, what can I do? I explained before on here why the Loan Watch office got closed down. These things happen, it was an honest mistake and surely it wasn't the first time a 7-year-old has been sent an anal hoop-la set instead of Rhys Healey's autograph but the parents still won't let it go. I'll speak to them again but in the meantime I'm happy to pass the baton on to you.
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Has Velikonja House been sold or are you hoping to continue using it for football related purposes.

Anyone that wants to see the basics can download Flashscore app (they have a website too)

Cardiff City > Transfers > Departures and it will show a list of the players. You can click the relevant player and it will show you stats like the opponent, minutes played, goals and assists etc. Some get ratings but not all.

*Disclaimer* It is ok to follow the link provided in the thread, I am merely suggesting a different way of checking up on players for those interested, please nobody be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Anyone that wants to see the basics can download Flashscore app (they have a website too)

Cardiff City > Transfers > Departures and it will show a list of the players. You can click the relevant player and it will show you stats like the opponent, minutes played, goals and assists etc. Some get ratings but not all.

*Disclaimer* It is ok to follow the link provided in the thread, I am merely suggesting a different way of checking up on players for those interested, please nobody be offended.
    That's a good site, thanks. Like I said though, the issue is trying to get the little bits of info behind the minutes played (or not played) that tell us more and give us a better impression of how a player is doing and whether they might make it as a first-teamer here. Ratings are a big help but, as we know from walesonline, not always reliable.

The whole thing is a bit of a lottery anyway. I did Loan Watch on here for around 3 seasons but I can't think of any player I covered who came back to be a regular for us (Ralls' loan spell was before, Wintle and McGuinness after). Ajayi and Ben Wilson did well for themselves but not here. Mark Harris probably came closest to being a regular and yet his three loan spells were all underwhelming whereas someone like Oshilaja did really well out on loan but never got a sniff here. So hard to judge who's going to make it.

A little example of that is this interview with Malachi Fagan-Walcott. He's come from Spurs, Mourinho seemed to rate him but he got a couple of injuries and was released. He's played two lots of 90 minutes on loan, which is encouraging, and you're thinking this guy could make it. But the first thing he says here, on his arrival at Dunfermline, is that he wants to put his name out there. That suggests to me that we're planning on releasing him or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCWkA4TB7U

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    That's a good site, thanks. Like I said though, the issue is trying to get the little bits of info behind the minutes played (or not played) that tell us more and give us a better impression of how a player is doing and whether they might make it as a first-teamer here. Ratings are a big help but, as we know from walesonline, not always reliable.

The whole thing is a bit of a lottery anyway. I did Loan Watch on here for around 3 seasons but I can't think of any player I covered who came back to be a regular for us (Ralls' loan spell was before, Wintle and McGuinness after). Ajayi and Ben Wilson did well for themselves but not here. Mark Harris probably came closest to being a regular and yet his three loan spells were all underwhelming whereas someone like Oshilaja did really well out on loan but never got a sniff here. So hard to judge who's going to make it.

A little example of that is this interview with Malachi Fagan-Walcott. He's come from Spurs, Mourinho seemed to rate him but he got a couple of injuries and was released. He's played two lots of 90 minutes on loan, which is encouraging, and you're thinking this guy could make it. But the first thing he says here, on his arrival at Dunfermline, is that he wants to put his name out there. That suggests to me that we're planning on releasing him or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCWkA4TB7U
    WOL have said MFW is almost certain to leave at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    WOL have said MFW is almost certain to leave at the end of the season
    And I'm sure that's the case for a lot of these lads. It almost seems pointless to be poring over minutes played and other stats when decisions have already been made on some, if not most, of their futures.

You never know though, I'm sure Mark Harris was nearly out the door after his third loan finished early but the penny suddenly seemed to drop with him when he came back. His work rate and attitude improved and he went on to play nearly a hundred games for us but he's the exception rather than the rule.