+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Loan Report

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I know people will laugh it off as a league one partnership and whatever else they have to say, but do you think Adams and King could play behind Colwill/Turnbull/Ramsey? both seem to be energetic box to box types with the legs to run in the middle all day long, by all accounts neither of them are slow. Can't comment on their passing ability mind you..
    I haven't seen enough of King or Adams to make an assessment and I'm wary of going overboard about either. Derby have got Collins, Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing for them plus Pack (at Portsmouth) and Mendez-Laing have just made the League 1 team of the season so we have to balance that with the rave reviews Adams is getting at Derby. King is playing regularly in the Scottish Prem but, as I've said before, so are Matty Kennedy and Marley Watkins so it's hard to know exactly what level he's at either.

Sometimes a partnership can work though and you may be right about those two as a pairing but we won't be able to judge until pre-season, by which time Adams may well have gone. It's one downside of loans, however well they go. You can't suddenly check to see how Fagan-Walcott or Tsunoda might fit into a back three here or what system, position and teammates would suit Isaak Davies, just as you can't check if Adams and King would pair up well.

As long as King is fit and ready for pre-season then he should be able to force his way in if he's good enough, whoever the manager is. If Bulut stays I'd like to think he'll be judging everyone on their merits rather than stubbornly sticking with players he's brought in. There has to be a pathway for the youngsters to come through when they're ready for first team action, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I haven't seen enough of King or Adams to make an assessment and I'm wary of going overboard about either. Derby have got Collins, Nelson and Mendez-Laing playing for them plus Pack (at Portsmouth) and Mendez-Laing have just made the League 1 team of the season so we have to balance that with the rave reviews Adams is getting at Derby. King is playing regularly in the Scottish Prem but, as I've said before, so are Matty Kennedy and Marley Watkins so it's hard to know exactly what level he's at either.

Sometimes a partnership can work though and you may be right about those two as a pairing but we won't be able to judge until pre-season, by which time Adams may well have gone. It's one downside of loans, however well they go. You can't suddenly check to see how Fagan-Walcott or Tsunoda might fit into a back three here or what system, position and teammates would suit Isaak Davies, just as you can't check if Adams and King would pair up well.

As long as King is fit and ready for pre-season then he should be able to force his way in if he's good enough, whoever the manager is. If Bulut stays I'd like to think he'll be judging everyone on their merits rather than stubbornly sticking with players he's brought in. There has to be a pathway for the youngsters to come through when they're ready for first team action, of course.
    A good point about how difficult it can be to judge, ive noticed you use theMarley Watkins one before and I tend to agree, theres a mixed bag up there. Would we be as excited if he was a Ross County player putting in them performances, would we even notice?

Just hoping for something really different next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    A good point about how difficult it can be to judge, ive noticed you use theMarley Watkins one before and I tend to agree, theres a mixed bag up there. Would we be as excited if he was a Ross County player putting in them performances, would we even notice?

Just hoping for something really different next year.
    Maybe Bulut felt that Siopis was going to bring something different. Not just to midfield but also to galvanise the team and the fanbase too, in the same way Bamba did for Warnock, as I said before. It just doesn't feel like that will happen any time soon though. Central midfield still seems to need a refresh, the only change for now is that King and Joel Colwill have five central midfielders under contract to get past rather than four. Hopefully it's a situation that will resolve itself favourably by the start of next season.

All King can do is make a good impression while out on loan and I think he’s done that this season. One of the first things I read about Bulut after we appointed him was that he favoured players in their late twenties and I think his first season with us tends to back this up - we say Bulut doesn’t like Rubin Colwill, but given how often he uses him, and the likes of McGuinness and Etete, it’s possible that he rates them quite highly. I suppose the question is whether the likes of King, Davies and Ashford will be used when there are at least three who are around their age who Bulut appears to rank above them? I suspect he’ll consider it too much of a risk.

Tsunoda has had surgery and looks likely to miss the start of next season.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ry/ar-BB1lHj8E

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Tsunoda has had surgery and looks likely to miss the start of next season.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ry/ar-BB1lHj8E
    that's a shame, the clips I've seen of him he looks like a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that's a shame, the clips I've seen of him he looks like a good player.
    Seems to have done well in Belgium. Would have been good for (insert manager's name here) to take a look at him in pre-season. Without that they can't assume he's good enough for the championship, and won't know when he'll be match fit, so where does that leave him?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Seems to have done well in Belgium. Would have been good for (insert manager's name here) to take a look at him in pre-season. Without that they can't assume he's good enough for the championship, and won't know when he'll be match fit, so where does that leave him?
    Exactly. You're always playing catch up if you miss pre-season, Isaak Davies was saying that about the 22-23 season for him.

I'd seen that picture of Tsunoda being taken off at the time. (It seemed like I was being asked for £350 if I wanted to use it which didn't represent value for money to me, maybe I was just being tight). I thought it odd he was being stretchered off for a hamstring injury but my lad said it might be a routine thing over there. Now I know why. Nightmare for him.

A couple of non-league updates.

Kieron Evans played the 90 minutes on Monday as Gateshead beat league winners Chesterfield to qualify for the play offs. He missed the games either side of that so it seems like he's being nursed along a bit up there for some reason. With the play-offs and an FA Trophy final coming up, Kieron has a chance to show he can deliver in big games so hopefully he's fully fit.

A rare 90 minutes for Ryan Kavanagh tonight as Truro's epic season draws to a close. They're safe from relegation now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68832968

Tonight's 0-0 draw was their ninth game so far in April and the eighth in a row at 'home'. They've been playing their home games at Gloucester, the one away game at Chippenham was actually nearer to Truro. They've travelled over 3,500 miles so far in April with one game left to play, a 575 mile round trip to Dartford. Plenty of reasons to admire them, the size of their carbon footprint isn't one of them though.

One other quick thing about Truro. If Maidstone were still on a high after beating Ipswich 2-1 in January in front of more than 27.000 at Portman Road then last Saturday should finally have brought them back down to earth. Truro beat them 3-1 in front of a crowd of 198.

A couple of non-league updates.

Kieron Evans played the 90 minutes on Monday as Gateshead beat league winners Chesterfield to qualify for the play offs. He missed the games either side of that so it seems like he's being nursed along a bit up there for some reason. With the play-offs and an FA Trophy final coming up, Kieron has a chance to show he can deliver in big games so hopefully he's fully fit.

A rare 90 minutes for Ryan Kavanagh tonight as Truro's epic season draws to a close. They're safe from relegation now.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68832968

Tonight's 0-0 draw was their ninth game so far in April and the eighth in a row at 'home'. They've been playing their home games at Gloucester, the one away game at Chippenham was actually nearer to Truro. They've travelled over 3,500 miles so far in April with one game left to play, a 575 mile round trip to Dartford. Plenty of reasons to admire them, the size of their carbon footprint isn't one of them though.

One other quick thing about Truro. If Maidstone were still on a high after beating Ipswich 2-1 in January in front of more than 27.000 at Portman Road then last Saturday should finally have brought them back down to earth. Truro beat them 3-1 in front of a crowd of 198.
    So, the team furthest to the south in the Vanarama League South have been playing their home games at the ground of a team that plays in the Vanarama League North? I see.

A bit of a tangent this, but just read a report on Stuart O'Keefe (formerly of this manor) being released by Aldershot Town, and at the end there is a comment: 'Aldershot might have counted themselves unlucky not to be playing in the top six given Gateshead had to forfeit their place as they did not have a '10-year security of tenure' on their ground.'

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...f-city-4605063

As Gateshead is one of the clubs we are tracking on this thread, I thought I would share.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    A bit of a tangent this, but just read a report on Stuart O'Keefe (formerly of this manor) being released by Aldershot Town, and at the end there is a comment: 'Aldershot might have counted themselves unlucky not to be playing in the top six given Gateshead had to forfeit their place as they did not have a '10-year security of tenure' on their ground.'

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/f...f-city-4605063

As Gateshead is one of the clubs we are tracking on this thread, I thought I would share.
    Some issue with the local Council. All that effort to make the play-offs then they weren't allowed to take their place. They've still got the FA Trophy final in May but it's a crazy situation.

An important win for Kortrijk tonight as they beat RWDM 1-0 away to move within two points of them in their bid to escape relegation with two games left in the play-offs. 90 minutes but no goal for Isaak Davies. If Kortrijk can overhaul RWDM then they could be playing Joel Bagan's Zuite Waregem for the final place in next season's Belgian Pro League. Joel came off the bench in a 1-1 draw with Lommel yesterday.

Ebou Adams helped Derby to promotion with a 2-0 win over Carlisle. He also won their goal of the season award with his finish against Blackpool. Following Ollie Tanner's example, he won it with his only goal of the season. There's an interview with him here. The comments underneath seem to sum up the fans' feeling for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UclWyCc80xE

Not much else going on. 90 minutes for Eli King as Ross County lost 2-0 to Livingston, 90 minutes for Ollie Denham at Sligo and for Malachi Fagan-Walcott as he continues to impress at Dunfermline. No squad places for Tom Davies, James Crole or Xaviar Benjamin in Scotland.

There's an interview here with Fagan-Walcott about playing with lads like Cole Palmer and Jude Bellingham at England under-15 level.

An important win for Kortrijk tonight as they beat RWDM 1-0 away to move within two points of them in their bid to escape relegation with two games left in the play-offs. 90 minutes but no goal for Isaak Davies. If Kortrijk can overhaul RWDM then they could be playing Joel Bagan's Zuite Waregem for the final place in next season's Belgian Pro League. Joel came off the bench in a 1-1 draw with Lommel yesterday.

Ebou Adams helped Derby to promotion with a 2-0 win over Carlisle. He also won their goal of the season award with his finish against Blackpool. Following Ollie Tanner's example, he won it with his only goal of the season. There's an interview with him here. The comments underneath seem to sum up the fans' feeling for him.

Not much else going on. 90 minutes for Eli King as Ross County lost 2-0 to Livingston, 90 minutes for Ollie Denham at Sligo and for Malachi Fagan-Walcott as he continues to impress at Dunfermline. No squad places for Tom Davies, James Crole or Xaviar Benjamin in Scotland.

There's an interview here with Fagan-Walcott about playing with lads like Cole Palmer and Jude Bellingham at England under-15 level.