+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Loan Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Hartlepool had a player named Luke Waterfall in their side, superb. Where's the nearest deed poll office?
    Don't go chasing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Don't go chasing that.
    You may not have noticed but this is a highbrow football thread, don't lower the tone.

I'm glad you came back on, I've been meaning to reply to your post about Dunfermline's league. It's interesting how different formats can freshen things up but I guess there are pros and cons with all of them.

My lad plays in the England Hockey Premier Division, it makes the Belgian play-offs seem like noughts and crosses. I'll quickly run through it but my advice would be not to bother reading it. Do something useful instead and just put 'thanks, that was really interesting' after. I'm pretty gullible, I'll probably fall for it.

Twelve teams in the league, all play each once before Xmas. Then there's a break for the indoor season and they come back in February in two groups, top six and bottom six with the earlier points carried forward. They play each other once in each group. 16 games gone now in the regular season, three left.

The bottom four in the bottom six group now carry their points forward again into a relegation group. All play each other again and the bottom two get relegated. Fair enough. Cardiff look to have avoided the drop with a game to go and deservedly so.

However, it gets a bit funky at the top. The top two in the bottom six group join up with the top six to make two groups of four. No points carried forward so all teams are back on nought again (the bottom team in the top six group were 29 pts behind the leaders this season so happy days for them).

The teams in these groups of four now play each other once and the top two in each go through to the play off weekend in April. Two semi-finals on the Saturday. The winners each qualify for Europe next season and then play each other on the Sunday to decide the league winners.

They've broken the mould there, fair play.

Thanks, that was really baffling. So you could finish 8th at the second break and still qualify for Europe at the expense of the team in 1st? Eesh. Well, good luck to your lad, both in the hockey and any future therapy.

During the furore of the European Super League, there was much concern about the undermining of the domestic league and losing 6 big, rich teams who win all the trophies. But I thought it would be an opportunity to reformat the whole thing and do away with the interminable 46 game season.

Add 10 teams from the National League to make 96 and split them into 8 groups of 12, play each other twice and that's it. A winter break then a new season. Basically two seasons in one year, thus double the promotions, relegations and no meaningless games at Easter. Perfect for our easily bored, attention span resistant times.

But as we know, the ESL collapsed and the sacred, fair-minded traditions of English domestic football remain firmly in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Thanks, that was really baffling. So you could finish 8th at the second break and still qualify for Europe at the expense of the team in 1st? Eesh. Well, good luck to your lad, both in the hockey and any future therapy.

During the furore of the European Super League, there was much concern about the undermining of the domestic league and losing 6 big, rich teams who win all the trophies. But I thought it would be an opportunity to reformat the whole thing and do away with the interminable 46 game season.

Add 10 teams from the National League to make 96 and split them into 8 groups of 12, play each other twice and that's it. A winter break then a new season. Basically two seasons in one year, thus double the promotions, relegations and no meaningless games at Easter. Perfect for our easily bored, attention span resistant times.

But as we know, the ESL collapsed and the sacred, fair-minded traditions of English domestic football remain firmly in place.
    Yes, the team in 8th can qualify for Europe on the final Saturday then win the league on the Sunday. In the final group stage though, the highest ranked team get three home games, the second ranked two, the third one while the lowest gets three away games so the odds favour the teams who've had a better season up till then.

I like your system. The issue with the smaller leagues like Dunfermline's is that you play each side four times a season which must get a bit repetitive. One trip a year to Inverness, say, is surely ample. Could still happen in your system but there'd be more edge and rotation. Don't hold your breath waiting for it though.

One City player had a good day. Winning goal and a man-of-the-match performance for Ebou Adams at Derby. His value is going up, we've a decision to make at the end of the season.

https://www.derbycounty.news/news/de...-vs-blackpool/

One City player had a good day. Winning goal and a man-of-the-match performance for Ebou Adams at Derby. His value is going up, we've a decision to make at the end of the season.

Perfect loan for us, this. We can cash in (I think this is most likely) or he will come back a better player.

They are raving about him ah Derby.