+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Loan Report

Loan Report

Until Loramski pulls his finger out we will have to rely on the club and Wales Online's finest to keep up to date:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-loan-28578202

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...eport-05022024

The usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly.

The main positives seem to be: Isaak Davies, Ryotaro Tsunoda, Eli King, Tom Davies and Ebou Adams.

Re: Loan Report

Oof - two of our defenders in a 0-5 at home. Had a look at a Dunfermline forum but no stick for Fagan-Walcott and Benjamin, although one said "the new defender" played well last week but wasn't really suited at playing out from the back (their fans don't like it either) but not sure if that's F-W or not. Benjamin "was hung out to dry" by the manager according to one, and the whole team is too inexperienced for the trouble they're in, so could be a hard lesson for both.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Until Loramski pulls his finger out we will have to rely on the club and Wales Online's finest to keep up to date:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-loan-28578202

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...eport-05022024

The usual mix of the good, the bad and the ugly.

The main positives seem to be: Isaak Davies, Ryotaro Tsunoda, Eli King, Tom Davies and Ebou Adams.
    Come on, what can I do? I explained before on here why the Loan Watch office got closed down. These things happen, it was an honest mistake and surely it wasn't the first time a 7-year-old has been sent an anal hoop-la set instead of Rhys Healey's autograph but the parents still won't let it go. I'll speak to them again but in the meantime I'm happy to pass the baton on to you.

Hopefully, this can turn into a long running thread to the end of the season. It's trickier than it was to keep up with all the loan moves, outside of the livescore/transfermarkt type info; regional media seems to have been cut back over the years and there are often subscription issues when you do find something. If people come across links like yours, or find stuff on other forums as BoA has, then stick them on here. Early days for a lot of these loans but it'll be interesting to see how they progress.

One footnote to the info you two have already provided, Tom Davies started tonight for Kilmarnock but was replaced at half-time by Matty Kennedy. Small world.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Come on, what can I do? I explained before on here why the Loan Watch office got closed down. These things happen, it was an honest mistake and surely it wasn't the first time a 7-year-old has been sent an anal hoop-la set instead of Rhys Healey's autograph but the parents still won't let it go. I'll speak to them again but in the meantime I'm happy to pass the baton on to you.
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Has Velikonja House been sold or are you hoping to continue using it for football related purposes.

Anyone that wants to see the basics can download Flashscore app (they have a website too)

Cardiff City > Transfers > Departures and it will show a list of the players. You can click the relevant player and it will show you stats like the opponent, minutes played, goals and assists etc. Some get ratings but not all.

*Disclaimer* It is ok to follow the link provided in the thread, I am merely suggesting a different way of checking up on players for those interested, please nobody be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances. Has Velikonja House been sold or are you hoping to continue using it for football related purposes.
    I heard it burned down in mysterious circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    Anyone that wants to see the basics can download Flashscore app (they have a website too)

Cardiff City > Transfers > Departures and it will show a list of the players. You can click the relevant player and it will show you stats like the opponent, minutes played, goals and assists etc. Some get ratings but not all.

*Disclaimer* It is ok to follow the link provided in the thread, I am merely suggesting a different way of checking up on players for those interested, please nobody be offended.
    That's a good site, thanks. Like I said though, the issue is trying to get the little bits of info behind the minutes played (or not played) that tell us more and give us a better impression of how a player is doing and whether they might make it as a first-teamer here. Ratings are a big help but, as we know from walesonline, not always reliable.

The whole thing is a bit of a lottery anyway. I did Loan Watch on here for around 3 seasons but I can't think of any player I covered who came back to be a regular for us (Ralls' loan spell was before, Wintle and McGuinness after). Ajayi and Ben Wilson did well for themselves but not here. Mark Harris probably came closest to being a regular and yet his three loan spells were all underwhelming whereas someone like Oshilaja did really well out on loan but never got a sniff here. So hard to judge who's going to make it.

A little example of that is this interview with Malachi Fagan-Walcott. He's come from Spurs, Mourinho seemed to rate him but he got a couple of injuries and was released. He's played two lots of 90 minutes on loan, which is encouraging, and you're thinking this guy could make it. But the first thing he says here, on his arrival at Dunfermline, is that he wants to put his name out there. That suggests to me that we're planning on releasing him or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCWkA4TB7U

That's a good site, thanks. Like I said though, the issue is trying to get the little bits of info behind the minutes played (or not played) that tell us more and give us a better impression of how a player is doing and whether they might make it as a first-teamer here. Ratings are a big help but, as we know from walesonline, not always reliable.

The whole thing is a bit of a lottery anyway. I did Loan Watch on here for around 3 seasons but I can't think of any player I covered who came back to be a regular for us (Ralls' loan spell was before, Wintle and McGuinness after). Ajayi and Ben Wilson did well for themselves but not here. Mark Harris probably came closest to being a regular and yet his three loan spells were all underwhelming whereas someone like Oshilaja did really well out on loan but never got a sniff here. So hard to judge who's going to make it.

A little example of that is this interview with Malachi Fagan-Walcott. He's come from Spurs, Mourinho seemed to rate him but he got a couple of injuries and was released. He's played two lots of 90 minutes on loan, which is encouraging, and you're thinking this guy could make it. But the first thing he says here, on his arrival at Dunfermline, is that he wants to put his name out there. That suggests to me that we're planning on releasing him or am I missing something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXCWkA4TB7U
    WOL have said MFW is almost certain to leave at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    WOL have said MFW is almost certain to leave at the end of the season
    And I'm sure that's the case for a lot of these lads. It almost seems pointless to be poring over minutes played and other stats when decisions have already been made on some, if not most, of their futures.

You never know though, I'm sure Mark Harris was nearly out the door after his third loan finished early but the penny suddenly seemed to drop with him when he came back. His work rate and attitude improved and he went on to play nearly a hundred games for us but he's the exception rather than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I heard it burned down in mysterious circumstances
    That insurance job stuff was just a conspiracy theory, are you Donald Trump or something? A Chinese lantern happened to fly in through an open window on the night I was keeping some hay there for a farmer I know. That's hardly suspicious is it? And I've no idea what happened to the statue of Velikonja that was in the foyer, before you ask. It must have melted in the fire.

That insurance job stuff was just a conspiracy theory, are you Donald Trump or something? A Chinese lantern happened to fly in through an open window on the night I was keeping some hay there for a farmer I know. That's hardly suspicious is it? And I've no idea what happened to the statue of Velikonja that was in the foyer, before you ask. It must have melted in the fire.
    I hope that the volumes containing the explanation of the Belgian Playoff system were t lost on the blaze, as we may well need to refer to them at the business end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hope that the volumes containing the explanation of the Belgian Playoff system were t lost on the blaze, as we may well need to refer to them at the business end of the season
    They all went up I'm afraid, I think that was the main reason it took eight hours to put the fire out.

Tsunoda, Ojo and Isaak Davies are in for a shock come the end of the season. They won't know if Kortrijk have qualified for the Europa League or been relegated. Or both.

That WOL site is just utter rubbish.

Keeps on scrolling back upto the top, constantly inserting ads and pushing the content you were reading downwards god knows where.

Scrolling down to chase the article you are trying to read invariabley results in accidentally clicking on a stupid advert about some stupid crap

And now, thrown into the bargain, after it finished loading it throws an error and blocks the page

Absolute garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

Keeps on scrolling back upto the top, constantly inserting ads and pushing the content you were reading downwards god knows where.

Scrolling down to chase the article you are trying to read invariabley results in accidentally clicking on a stupid advert about some stupid crap

And now, thrown into the bargain, after it finished loading it throws an error and blocks the page

Absolute garbage
    Don’t rate it then?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitman View Post

Absolute garbage
    A fair description of the Belgian play off system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    A fair description of the Belgian play off system.

And I've no idea what happened to the statue of Velikonja that was in the foyer, before you ask. It must have melted in the fire.
    I thought the statue of Velikonja was made out of pure gold?

I wonder how any others googled to see where Velikonja is now?

What a thoroughly entertaining thread!

Have just spent the morning cleaning the u-bends for the missus, so was in need of some light relief. Smartly, I've insisted on it in writing for when we come back from the pub tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Shep Proudfoot View Post
    What a thoroughly entertaining thread!

Have just spent the morning cleaning the u-bends for the missus, so was in need of some light relief. Smartly, I've insisted on it in writing for when we come back from the pub tonight.
    I do hope your missus also got some welcome relief after you cleaned her u bends.

Not much of note happening with the loan players. Goals for Fagan-Walcott and Kieron Evans yesterday but Xavier Benjamin was subbed at half time and Bagan didn't get on. Kortrijk play this afternoon.

Not much of note happening with the loan players. Goals for Fagan-Walcott and Kieron Evans yesterday but Xavier Benjamin was subbed at half time and Bagan didn't get on. Kortrijk play this afternoon.
    Match reports here:
    https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/spo...t-scores-draw/
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68260225

Thanks. Sam Bowen was up against Evans yesterday playing for Wealdstone, a couple of seasons after they (briefly) played in the same City side at Coventry.

Ebou Adams has started well at Derby and is impressing fans and manager alike. Paul Warne says he's a good fit there and would be interested in signing him if the chance came up. An interview with Adams here after yesterday's game.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2024/02/...-february-2024

The Warne interview here.

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spo...ansfer-9102227

Where was Eli King yesterday ? Not in team or on bench

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Where was Eli King yesterday ? Not in team or on bench
    We've been talking about Eli in the Glasgow Rangers tonight thread. The BBC reports had made him man-of-the-match in the games against Celtic and Rangers, we're assuming he was injured for yesterday but haven't been able to find any info to back that up.