+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Loan Report

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Loan Report

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Now 3-1, Davies with the Kortrijk goal.
    Finished 3-1, but Eupen beat Molenbeek so Kortrijk secure a playoff against Lommel or Deinze from the division below them instead of going down automatically.

Finished 3-1, but Eupen beat Molenbeek so Kortrijk secure a playoff against Lommel or Deinze from the division below them instead of going down automatically.
    They should do that over here.

2 automatically relegated, 2 into play offs

What I didn't get was that even when Molenbeek were drawing, the live table still showed Kortrijk in second place in the relegation group. Both on 31 points but Kortrijk's goal difference was worse and their head to head was worse too so I was a bit baffled. Maybe if the points are level then it goes back to how the original league finished? Kortrijk finished above Molenbeek there.

I try and make out I understand the Belgian play-offs on here so people think I'm gifted but it's way too esoteric for me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    What I didn't get was that even when Molenbeek were drawing, the live table still showed Kortrijk in second place in the relegation group. Both on 31 points but Kortrijk's goal difference was worse and their head to head was worse too so I was a bit baffled. Maybe if the points are level then it goes back to how the original league finished? Kortrijk finished above Molenbeek there.

I try and make out I understand the Belgian play-offs on here so people think I'm gifted but it's way too esoteric for me to be honest.
    Was that on Livescore? I've noticed they're sometimes poor at updating their allegedly live tables.

Was that on Livescore? I've noticed they're sometimes poor at updating their allegedly live tables.
    I was going on this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kort...yt0;dt;fp;1;;;

Everything was updated, including goal difference, but Kortrijk were second in the table even when Molenbeek were drawing. Maybe their system wasn't advanced enough to cope with the Belgian play-offs, that would make sense.

I was going on this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kort...yt0;dt;fp;1;;;

Everything was updated, including goal difference, but Kortrijk were second in the table even when Molenbeek were drawing. Maybe their system wasn't advanced enough to cope with the Belgian play-offs, that would make sense.
    No one's advanced enough to cope with the Belgian play-offs 😁

Davies surely has to be in with a shout of the Wales squad next month?

Kortrijk face Lommel, owned by Man City's owners and managed by Steve Bould, in their 2 leg playoff.
    https://getfootballnewsbene.com/manc...he-top-flight/

Kortrijk face Lommel, owned by Man City's owners and managed by Steve Bould, in their 2 leg playoff.
    https://getfootballnewsbene.com/manc...he-top-flight/
    I meant to mention at the time that Lommel knocked out Joel Bagan's Zulte Waregem on their way to this stage.

Joel came on as a sub in both legs so he hadn't been completely frozen out but it was a disappointing second half of the season for him. He's still got two years left on his contract here, if we don't sign another left back then I guess a good pre-season could see him challenging Collins in that position. Depends how Bulut, or whoever, plans to use Tsunoda (if fit) or O'Dowda (ditto). With three good youngsters coming through in Giles, Beecher and Thomas it may be a case of now or never for him here.

I meant to mention at the time that Lommel knocked out Joel Bagan's Zulte Waregem on their way to this stage.

Joel came on as a sub in both legs so he hadn't been completely frozen out but it was a disappointing second half of the season for him. He's still got two years left on his contract here, if we don't sign another left back then I guess a good pre-season could see him challenging Collins in that position. Depends how Bulut, or whoever, plans to use Tsunoda (if fit) or O'Dowda (ditto). With three good youngsters coming through in Giles, Beecher and Thomas it may be a case of now or never for him here.
    Hard to see him forcing his way back into the first team squad having not been starting games over there, but you could have said that about Tanner after his disastrous loan to York.

Hard to see him forcing his way back into the first team squad having not been starting games over there, but you could have said that about Tanner after his disastrous loan to York.
    Yes, a good pre-season could be a game changer for him too. This is his second 3-year contract here but he's only played eight minutes in the league for us the past two seasons. Hopefully he'll benefit from his experiences in Belgium and come back better for it, we'll see.

Another 90 minutes for Eli King tonight as Ross County missed the chance to secure safety in the Scottish Prem by conceding a late equaliser to St Johnstone. It comes down to the last game on Sunday now, Ross County will be safe if St Johnstone don't win at Motherwell but will drop into a relegation play-off if some other stuff happens. I've got enough to do trying to keep up with the Belgian play-offs for now.