Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
Cardiff City 5-1 Bristol Rovers

The game that arguably announced Robert Earnshaw as a potential legend, scoring a hat-trick against Rovers who were a division above us. Andy Jordan scored an own goal.

Cardiff City 6-1 Exeter City

Another Andy Jordan own goal, not costly this time, either. 6 different scorers - Young, Gordon, Legg, Bowen, Brazier, Brayson.

Macclesfield Town 2-5 Cardiff City

2,376 were in attendance to watch promotion seeking City with their 3rd 5+ goal haul of the season. Scott Young and Earnshaw both scored twice.

Cardiff City 7-1 Rushden & Diamonds

Gavin Gordon's moment in the sun, scored 5. Hasn't happened since to a City player.

Oldham Athletic 1-7 Cardiff City

Prior to kickoff we were Oldham's rivals for a top 6 place. 5-0 at half time, Andy Campbell scored a hat-trick against both Andy Gorams. Possibly the most remarkable result I've ever seen given the situation.

Boston United 1-5 Cardiff City

League cup. Anyone interested?

Cardiff City 5-0 Gillingham

A year and 2 days later we crush the Gills. 4-0 up at half time, Earnshaw scored 4.

Cardiff City 6-1 Crewe Alexandra

Goals from Ricketts, Ledley, Cooper, Purse, Jerome and Koumas.

Cardiff City 6-1 Derby County

Dave Jones' second 6er as boss. Chopra scores 4.

Bristol City 0-6 Cardiff City

5 months after the Derby demolition, and following FA cup replays against the Wurzels, a masterclass of Whittingham, McCormack and Chopra.

Cardiff City 5-3 Huddersfield Town

League cup in Cardiff, Gyepes, Parkin, Cowie and Conway see us into the next round. We would make the final

Cardiff City 5-3 Barnsley

Not long after the Terriers' win, we pull off the same scoreline against Barnsley with a brace from Gunnarsson, Cowie, Mason and Millar also netting. Danny Drinkwater scored for Barnsley.

Cardiff City 5-0 Rotherham United

18 Feb 2017. The first game I took my 4 year old to see and he remembers so much of it even now. Goals from Harris, Hoilett, Noone and two from Zohore.

I think it's telling that we've scored 5 or more only once since 2011, yet when we were rising from the bottom divisions, it was a quite often occurrence.
On the face of it, it's pathetic that we have only scored one win by more than four once in the last thirteen years, but all of that time has been spent in the Championship apart from two seasons in the Premier League where we were struggling against relegation. The Championship has become a really competitive league in the last thirteen years and perhaps the thing which proves this most is how rare really big wins are in the division now.

This season really is a case in point - there has only been one score of more than five in a game so far (Plymouth 6 Norwich 2) and only four of five (two by Watford, one by Leicester and one by Southampton). When I first started watching football it seemed that there would be plenty of scores of five or more every week throughout the divisions and even within the last twenty years or so, it was quite unusual for all but the worst of Championship sides not to score five or more at least once during a season.