+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Prostate Cancer Waiting Times

Prostate Cancer Waiting Times

Recent figures show that in urology – where men with prostate cancer are treated – only six in 10 cancer patients are starting treatment within 62 days of being referred, https://prostatecanceruk.org/about-u...by%20the%20NHS.
    From 2023. Not sure what the latest are. You’d have to ask a royal correspondent.

Re: Prostate Cancer Waiting Times

Its a bit of a conundrum.

Unfortunately I’ve spent too much time in hospitals over the last 2 months and the extremes I’ve witnessed have been shocking.

On one hand 21 ambulances queueing at A&E, the crew that took my mum in said they’d had waits of 11, 9 & 8 hours in the previous 3 days. The waste of resource & skills is shocking. They told me wards are closed due to lack of staff, therefore no beds, so the ambulances can’t discharge.

Yesterday I was in a 10 bed ward, there was only myself & 1 other patient but there were 5 staff on the ward. My mum was in a 10 bed ward with 15 staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Unfortunately I’ve spent too much time in hospitals over the last 2 months and the extremes I’ve witnessed have been shocking.

On one hand 21 ambulances queueing at A&E, the crew that took my mum in said they’d had waits of 11, 9 & 8 hours in the previous 3 days. The waste of resource & skills is shocking. They told me wards are closed due to lack of staff, therefore no beds, so the ambulances can’t discharge.

Yesterday I was in a 10 bed ward, there was only myself & 1 other patient but there were 5 staff on the ward. My mum was in a 10 bed ward with 15 staff.
    The wards were closed during covid and probably never opened again?

My experience of the initial gp led investigation was excellent

Can't fault em

Same here Des, I've been a regular at the Heath since December 27 and could write 2 books on the shambles being presented as a health service, staff I trust are doing their best with what they have, and many of them go beyond what could be expected. Whoever is administering PHW needs removing pronto but I do think the damage done has put public health Wales beyond salvage. I Believe that the level of incompetence at PHW is only exceeded by Krankies mob north of Hadrians Wall. I wonder what the correlation could be.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My experience of the initial gp led investigation was excellent

Can't fault em
    My initial test results came back on January 18th, I had a CT on Monday & a Colonoscopy yesterday, on something called a 28 day pathway. I think that’s pretty good.

My initial test results came back on January 18th, I had a CT on Monday & a Colonoscopy yesterday, on something called a 28 day pathway. I think that’s pretty good.
    Yep

Don't tell anyone though they will think you are fibbing

Great news for you by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Recent figures show that in urology – where men with prostate cancer are treated – only six in 10 cancer patients are starting treatment within 62 days of being referred, https://prostatecanceruk.org/about-u...by%20the%20NHS.
    From 2023. Not sure what the latest are. You’d have to ask a royal correspondent.
    ..or anyone else who goes private. This is taken from the BMA website :

The ability of NHS consultants to carry out private practice in their non-NHS time is an essential part of the flexibility and freedom built into national contracts.

Anyone know if King Charles is recieving treatment under the NHS?

Private = money = life. The rest of us are left to die. God save the King!

That’s great Des! Good to hear 👍

Spend loadsa time at UHW neurology. Since Covid the services and support have been stripped back. It’s shocking tbh. Brexit is the other massive problem. 70% of my MS support has been lost due to staff of all ranks leaving the UK.

Still waiting for my results since mid January. God save the King!

The treatment I get when I do get it is very good. I’m just an expense on a spreadsheet though. God save the King!

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Anyone know if King Charles is recieving treatment under the NHS?

Seems lots of staff when I was in the heath recently visiting. Also my mum currently in llandough, the ward is never full, always a few spaces, never seen that before this time of year….

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Same here Des, I've been a regular at the Heath since December 27 and could write 2 books on the shambles being presented as a health service, staff I trust are doing their best with what they have, and many of them go beyond what could be expected. Whoever is administering PHW needs removing pronto but I do think the damage done has put public health Wales beyond salvage. I Believe that the level of incompetence at PHW is only exceeded by Krankies mob north of Hadrians Wall. I wonder what the correlation could be.
    It is a shambles, my severely delusional 90 yr old mum was left alone in a&e a few weeks ago, I was told she wouldn’t be, despite being extremely weak and confused she tried to go to the toilet, got up, fell over and broke her leg in the waiting room. Still in llandough 6 weeks later