+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Support of Etete

Re: In Support of Etete

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He seems to be a scapegoat from numerous fans. Problem is that no matter what he does he’s going to get flak. He is the loan striker (so it seems on paper) and gets no support, is totally isolated and therefore looks as if he’s a deadweight. He is no world beater but maybe, if he had someone to play alongside him he could be more effective. The past few years have been a desert for City strikers, Moore excepted. Unless the Club appoint a Manager who can actually bring out the best of what we have, onwards and downwards.
    "He is the loan striker..."

Ah good, I thought we'd bought him?
    Let's send him back then, waste of space!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The last decent goalscorer we had at this club has joined Ipswich
    You think a genius businessman like Tan would have been able to land him. Especially with the help of his illustrious transfer committee.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    He isn't good with his back to goal, he can't hold the ball up, he is easily swept aside by defenders, he doesn't make runs for through balls, his body language is that of a couldn't-care-less dope, and, he is generally poor in the air. Did I miss something?

Having said all that, I have a feeling if he went somewhere else and put on 25lbs, he would turn into a monster.
    If he put on 25lbs he’d be Troy Deeney. Expecting a 23 year old footballer to have that kind of good weight gain has to be extremely unlikely if not impossible. If he was 17 maybe you’d say different.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    If he put on 25lbs he’d be Troy Deeney. Expecting a 23 year old footballer to have that kind of good weight gain has to be extremely unlikely if not impossible.
    Give me a summer with him. I'll sort that out and more.

Etete is awful, and Imo would be in any system at this level

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    This.

Problem is that he should be out on loan, he may come good in a few years. The options upfront are shocking no matter the manager. I’ll be honest I think Meite is the best option at the moment and his record if awful.

when you see his name on the team sheet you know we are in for a rough time

He wasnt good enough last season, so we got in Kaba

Who on this earth thinks he is going to be any good this season ? ??

we can blame the other players, how many times today did players get into a crossing position, look up and see no-one close to the box

he is too weak, easily pushed off the balls
    Wins nothing in the air, how can someone that tall not win a single header ? ?
    Cant hold the ball up
    doesnt make runs to the danger area
    looks fairly disinterested most of the time

Im sure he is a nice lad, came off the pitch today right infant of us, walked around the pitch clapping the fans, great to see, but I asked my daughter, do you think he knows he isnt upto the job, maybe a loan spell to a lower league club might do him good

its been mentioned above, Sparky is scoring a few at Oxford, yes its a lower level, but he always looked interested and wanted to score

then you ask yourself the question, who else can we play, ignoring the fact we signed Fam as a No9, we have Yak, I would even prefer to see Rubes playing in that position, oh and not forgetting Ashford

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Give me a summer with him. I'll sort that out and more.
    That’s why I said good weight gain…

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It's not just strikers, no player in any position prospers. Defence, Midfield and attack. We have the unenviable knack of either stalling a players progress or making them worse. This guy from Celtic will end up finished with us.
    From what I've seen in the 90 or so mins so far, Turnbull's game relies on having good players around him. He's absolutely screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    always looked interested and wanted to score
    All of our players try, they're just not very good.

At least we know Harris is top-end League 1 whereas we have no idea how deep in the pyramid Etete has to drop to a 1 goal in 3 forward

In all seriousness, Ollie Palmer or Omar Bogle from our L2 cousins would give us the platform that Bulut wants more than Etete, so IMO he needs to develop his game in the National Leagues

In Etete's first game, he came on and missed an open goal with his head from about two yards at the Canton end.
    Nothing's changed. Sadly for him, he's out of his depth at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    In Etete's first game, he came on and missed an open goal with his head from about two yards at the Canton end.
    Nothing's changed. Sadly for him, he's out of his depth at this level.
    Completely out his depth.
    I thought the canton were very kind with the level of reception he got coming off.
    I’d never boo or have a go at a player, especially when it’s because they’re just not good enough.
    But that must’ve just been pity applause

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    And yet he still looked better than Ugbo

I think his energy pace and determination he will make it but agree in the short term he is just not good enough.

I only listened on the radio but Jason Perry said he was being held and manhandled. If you’re going to play like that you either need to bully back or play smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "He is the loan striker..."

Ah good, I thought we'd bought him?
    Let's send him back then, waste of space!
    My apologies for misspelling “loan”. It’s an age problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    And yet he still looked better than Ugbo

I think his energy pace and determination he will make it but agree in the short term he is just not good enough.

I only listened on the radio but Jason Perry said he was being held and manhandled. If you’re going to play like that you either need to bully back or play smarter.
    I thought the ref looked at Cardiff v Preston and thought that is a power football game, let the big boys play and he did. Our centre halfs against their front line was a pure muscle contest and not a murmur from any of the protagonists.

If Etete is not a target man then what is he? Ugbo is a finisher, not particularly quick or strong, although not weak or slow but ice cold in front of the goal. Colwill, Turnbull or Rambo will need runners to pass to and i think our best wide forward is in Belgium

Quote Originally Posted by llan bluebird View Post
    I thought the ref looked at Cardiff v Preston and thought that is a power football game, let the big boys play and he did. Our centre halfs against their front line was a pure muscle contest and not a murmur from any of the protagonists.

If Etete is not a target man then what is he? Ugbo is a finisher, not particularly quick or strong, although not weak or slow but ice cold in front of the goal. Colwill, Turnbull or Rambo will need runners to pass to and i think our best wide forward is in Belgium
    In recent seasons we have been blessed with a number of truly forgettable forwards who are simply not up to the job, Moore being an exception.

The pattern of our strikers over the last twelve years or so has been one of being isolated, backs to the goal, more intent on trying to win free-kicks than getting control of the ball, and fatigued looking.